Wow - I bet they're up to 500 now.

Dec 7th for Sprint!! Yikes.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...Listed below for your records is a brief summary of your order
    > number and demo product request...

Oh!

I was under the impression that what was being sold were new/unused TREO 650s!
    If you order a purchase, it's new... go for it!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=62

Are these devices new, used or refurbished?
    All our purchase devices are new. There may be some used demo devices, however they will be in good working condition. If you demo a used product, and then later want to buy the device, we will accept the used unit back from you and send you a new unit in return based on your purchase request.

You can find the entire FAQ here: http://67.18.75.158/faq.php?P=events
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I got this from Jeff today, I ordered mine at the CTIA on 10/26

We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 -5 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patienc. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff
  4.    #204  
    2-5 weeks!

I didn't get that email... humm.

My boss did though.

edit>> Oops - spam filter caught it. It arrived at 12:34 pst
    Last edited by Ben Van Gaasbeek; 11/05/2004 at 08:19 PM. Reason: update
    514 and 515 - GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    If you order a purchase, it's new... go for it!
    You are too funny!

You say "No, they're new!" and then you quote the seller saying "They're used" as your proof of their newness!

1984 here we come!

Giggle.
    You are too funny!

You say "No, they're new!" and then you quote the seller saying "They're used" as your proof of their newness!

1984 here we come!

Giggle.
    It says some of the ones sent under the "try and buy plan" may be used. But every one that is purchased will be new. If you chose the trial and you are sent a used demo, if you decide to purchase, they will send you a new one.
    Uh huh - remember that "in a week" timeframe that changed to "in 2-5 weeks we hope" for those used TREO 650s?

Wanna guess when those "new" TREO 650s are gonna be shipped?

Again - those who do not remember the history of PalmOne's "shipping date" web page are very much condemned to repeat it.
    Uh huh - remember that "in a week" timeframe that changed to "in 2-5 weeks we hope" for those used TREO 650s?

Again - those who do not remember the history of PalmOne's "shipping date" web page are very much condemned to repeat it.
    What do you, SV, believe the ship dates will be for : 1. Sprint 2. Cingular/ATT?

Again - those who do not remember the history of PalmOne's "shipping date" web page are very much condemned to repeat it.Click on this link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/p...=ignore&u=17163 to forever "ignore" my posts.
    What do I click on to forever ignore Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    What do I click on to forever ignore Palm?
    Start > Turn Computer Off
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    What do you, SV, believe the ship dates will be for : 1. Sprint 2. Cingular/ATT?
    I think REAL shipping by Sprint/PalmOne is doomed til next year, given the steadily sliding timeframe as noted above and in other related threads ("next week", "10 days", "2-5 weeks").

We've already been told Sprint has bought the ENTIRE PRODUCTION OF TREO 650s FOR THE YEAR so I certainly don't expect REAL availability from ATT/Cingular til next year either. It's an interesting study in the blindness of fanatical faith that so many keep on forgetting that fact when discussing carriers other than Sprint, BTW.

======

As always with PalmOne, there is "available" and there is "available". My personal definition of "available" as I have consistently used it here is:

== "Can walk into a store and walk out with one"

but I'll expand that to

== "Can order online and have it shipped from stock"

however long "shipping from stock" takes as long as it is FROM existing inventory. And that doesn't mean some very small highly-limited number of buyers can do that, but a LOT of buyers can do that.

Unless yer from PalmOne (...), you can apply yer own definition of "available" if ya want!
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/07/2004 at 05:58 AM.
    Cingular/ATT/Tmobile operate GSM standard networks, rather than the CDMA networks built by Sprint/Verizon, so the handsets on the two networks have completely different radio. The fact that Sprint bought all the CDMA handsets has nothing to do with ATT/Cinguular availability.

-------------------------------

[QUOTE=SeldomVisitor]We've already been told Sprint has bought the ENTIRE PRODUCTION OF TREO 650s FOR THE YEAR so I certainly don't expect REAL availability from ATT/Cingular til next year either. It's an interesting study in the blindness of fanatical faith that so many keep on forgetting that fact when discussing carriers other than Sprint, BTW.
    Who said Sprint bought all CDMA handsets?

I said it was said that Sprint bought all production of TREO 650s, not CDMA TREO 650s.

Like it or not.
    What???!!! why would they do that?
    Because the production line is limited in production - if Sprint bought all production of TREOs through the end of the year - as NUMEROUS sources have said - then that production line isn't going to be producing anything but Sprint TREOs.

(there's your CDMA link)
    ...if Sprint bought all production of TREOs through the end of the year - as NUMEROUS sources have said...
    Can you link your "NUMEROUS sources" here so I may read them, please?

This may factor in when deciding what phone to buy this month.
    Just recieved Vienna Channels 5 - 8 week GSM shipping date, would hit my Jan 10th prediction just about right.
    I just received my 600 that I ordered at the first NYC road show. Does anyone know if you can get a 650 if you already have gotten a 600 through vienna chanels? I am going to attend the second NYC roadshow next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by compulady
    I just received my 600 that I ordered at the first NYC road show. Does anyone know if you can get a 650 if you already have gotten a 600 through vienna chanels? I am going to attend the second NYC roadshow next week.
    Just us a different email address.