1.    #1  
    I've been looking around and have found a few that might be usable with the 650 via Java or otherwise. Wanted to put out a thread for information on the subject.

PuppetMaster (BT and GPRS) (Java)
    ControlFreak (Series 60)
    BT Control
    BTAmp
    Jeyo Remote (Not for Palm OS)

I assume that PuppetMaster GPRS also means 1x RTT since it's just using the socket layer of the OS.

I know that under Mac you would use:

Salling Clicker
    Last edited by Rob600; 10/26/2004 at 09:50 PM.
    And I will tell you that Salling Clicker is awesome, I used it with my Sony Ericsson T610 and expect to it be even more awesome with the Treo 650

TheHandlessKing
    Jeyo (www.jeyo.com) is supposed to be the Windows analogy to Salling (VBVBVB $scripting$ $instead$ $of$ $Applescripting$).
  4.    #4  
    Updated to add BTAmp and Jeyo
  5.    #5  
    It doesn't look like Jeyo supports the Treo on the client side, which is a pity. I guess I'm looking for Salling Clicker for Palm/(Linux|XP)...seems like wishful thinking at this point.

BTAmp will support the media purposes, but not things like passing through to X10 to turn lights on and off, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    And I will tell you that Salling Clicker is awesome, I used it with my Sony Ericsson T610 and expect to it be even more awesome with the Treo 650

TheHandlessKing
    Hmm.

Perhaps you should read my rant in regards to Palm's use of Bluetooth here.
  7.    #7  
    archie, is that something that can be fixed via an application...or does anyone know yet?
    Has anyone used Puppet Master before? Do we know that it would work with the new Treo 650? It looks like a cool application if it did! Thanks for these references! I wish I used a Mac (for many reasons), but that Salling Clicker looks fantastic!
    Any update on whether any of these programs will work in conjunction with the Treo 650?