1.    #1  
    Can a GSM model be used with sprint. I called sprint and they told me that I need a GSM model phone for international roaming. Will the 650 GSM work on sprint...I am confused by the differences.
    Larry
    No. Sprint uses CDMA and the two are not compatible. You are right that you need a GSM phone to internationally roam. Weird that they would tell you to buy a phone from another provider. Nice of them for being honest though.
    GSM = Worldwide Acceptance = More Bang For your Buck = Higher resale value on Ebay
    I have detailed files.
    CDMA=better us coverage, cheaper data plans (with sprint), early access (no US GSM providers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    GSM = Worldwide Acceptance = More Bang For your Buck = Higher resale value on Ebay
    Let's not start this Pepsi vs Coke again.
    We're not. I think we're just trying to inform. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    CDMA=better us coverage, cheaper data plans (with sprint), early access (no US GSM providers)
    re sprints cheaper data plans. no doubt $15 a month is a great deal, but how about the $20 media works package from cingular? it throws in mms and sms messages, which are extra on other carriers.

now, i'm on t-mo so i dont know if they still offer it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I currently have the Media Works Package - unlimited data, 1500 SMS, 400 MMS.
    I also have a phone that is resellable to ANYONE in the world.

It is a good feeling.
    I have detailed files.
    In addition to what has already been mentioned, with an unlocked GSM phone, you can also SWITCH PROVIDERS...