Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://picsnet.office.lightsurf.com/...hareName=video

I'm not sure if this link will work but if anyone wants to host the video (about 300KB) I'll send it to him. It's a .mov file.

Dave
    Thanks for the video Dave! What happened to the sound? It's terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    http://picsnet.office.lightsurf.com/...hareName=video

I'm not sure if this link will work but if anyone wants to host the video (about 300KB) I'll send it to him. It's a .mov file.

Dave
    that worked fine. didn't exactly make me say 'boy i can't wait to shoot video with my phone'... but the link worked.

i will say that at least it seemed to handle the light OK, which is what they claimed is the main improvement with the new camera

thanks for posting the link!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    While it handled light okay, the quality of the video/sound is so bad (i.e unusable for anything) that I still wouldn't use it - making it pretty much a useless feature.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Well imagine being on the floor of an exhibition hall with tons of people yelling around you. The video would be better quality if I held it steady but I wanted to give a real world demonstration. The maximum you can upload to Sprint is about 300KB otherwise I would have made a longer video.

Dave
    thanks for the link.
    If you want someone to host a longer video, lemme know and I'll push it up on my .mac share for ya.
    Why was this video on the Sprint website but there is no other reference to the 650 on the site anywhere?
    They put the mic on the wrong side of the phone.
  10.    #10  
    FYI when you sync the 650 there's a special drag and drop for the video and it saves to your desktop as a mpg4 file... So says the PalmOne guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    They put the mic on the wrong side of the phone.
    on the wrong side for video, but the right side for talking?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    are you sure it was taken BY a 650?
    That why we need more ram.... I bet they were recording to a card which is too slow....
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Actually, I have to say I was kind of impressed with the results. It sure won't replace a real camera, but for quick and dirty situations where I see something that I want to share on the fly, it works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    The maximum you can upload to Sprint is about 300KB
    Where did you get this information? I have to strongly disagree with you on that one. I've uploaded much bigger files to Sprint's PictureMail site.

-M-
    hey deesugar, looking forward to the longer video with better sound. Can you do me a favor and look at the antenna connectors on the 650 and 600 and tell me if they are the same?
    Picture quality bad, audio quality awful. It makes the pictures on the Treo 600 look good. Oh well.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Has anyone captured video on the 600 and converted it to play on your desktop? If so, you'd know this is a huge leap over the 600 in terms of quality. Of course, I'm not saying it's usable. But it's definitely better than the 600.
    Crowza, I agree with ya. Anyone know what's the max length of a video? Is it recording to ram or sd?
    Don't know what you guys are complaining about. I think it's is great quality from a phone!! I have a brand new Canon PowerShot A95 5 MP camera and it can't even adjust lighting (or focus) once you start shooting the video. The sound it captures isn't that great either. Guess what? I wasn't upset about the quality of video from my canon because it's not a camcorder.

I am impressed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast