1.    #1  
    So what do you think the tab will be after buying the 650, the headset, software, etc? I need to get a ballpark figure and figure out how I'm going to pay for my rent...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'll give it a whirl, as I'm trying to add up the numbers. These are the essential items in my book:

Treo 650 - $600 give or take
    SDIO Memory Card - Depends on size but I'll go 1GB so $75
    PDANet to use the Treo as a wireless modem - $35
    Cable for PDAnet - $??? does this come with the Treo?
    VoiceLauncher to do voice dialing - $20?
    Case/Grips - $30-40
    Bluetooth headset/carkit - $??

Still in a bit of shock that this phone can't do voice dialing out of the box. Any other "must-have" items I'm missing?
    SO wait. I have heard this one way and the other.

Can some one give me a clear yes or no on this.

On sprint. will PDAnet work via bluetooth using Vision?

On att. will pdanet work via Bluetooth using the data plan?

On either. can i dial up faster then a standerd modem? (Digital connectoin , yes my isp supports is I AM THE ISP lol .. example ISDN )

thank u, looking forward to a clear responce hehe :-D

-b
    VIA BLUETOOTH?

-b
    Sure, at the end of the day PDANet probably doesn't discriminate between a transport over wire (via sync cable) or wireless (such as Bluetooth) in the same way IP runs over Ethernet wire or 802.11(A,B,G) on a computer. Whether the s/w interface on the 650, or in PDANet allows selection of the transport is another question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry
    I'll give it a whirl, as I'm trying to add up the numbers. These are the essential items in my book:

Treo 650 - $600 give or take
    SDIO Memory Card - Depends on size but I'll go 1GB so $75
    PDANet to use the Treo as a wireless modem - $35
    Cable for PDAnet - $??? does this come with the Treo?
    VoiceLauncher to do voice dialing - $20?
    Case/Grips - $30-40
    Bluetooth headset/carkit - $??

Still in a bit of shock that this phone can't do voice dialing out of the box. Any other "must-have" items I'm missing?

Where can you get a 1GB SD card for $75? I've been searching around and the going rate seems to be around $100.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry

The front page article sayS that it comes with a very nice voice dialer right out of the box... SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    The front page article sayS that it comes with a very nice voice dialer right out of the box... SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not quite. You get a "Trial" version of an application that can do this:

"free thirty day trial of VoiceSignal's Voice Dialer software".

Not exactly sweet, it should be built-in!
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    Where can you get a 1GB SD card for $75? I've been searching around and the going rate seems to be around $100.
    I buy most of my computer products from newegg.com - here is a Sandisk for $69 plus shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...180-610&DEPA=1
    I'm budgeting about $1300 but I'll be loading up on goodies for real estate: headset, GPS, various apps, car cradle, SD card, etc. By the way eBay is a great place to get flash memory cards. I've bought a number of them there for various cameras and whatnot.