1.    #1  
    I've only had my TREO 600 for a few weeks now, and I've noticed that I seem to miss more calls with this phone than I did with my generic sanyo camera phone- and I mean miss a lot! Well, when a voicemail is left, it doesn't alert me like my old phone to let me know I have one. When I go to my phone and unlock the keypad, the "you have a new voicemail" page is up, but it doesn't alert me!!

This has been extremely frustrating, and I have missed some important voicemails that were time sensitive because of it. Exactly how can I set this to alert me, I have searched everywhere on the phone and can't find the option for it!!

Thanks in advance
    You can try Butler. Since you're seeing the screen that you've got new voicemail, your Treo is alerting you, and you're probably just missing it (it's just a quick beep on mine). With Butler you can tell your Treo to remind you of such things over and over again. And you can select the tone to remind you with. http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobray
    I've only had my TREO 600 for a few weeks now, and I've noticed that I seem to miss more calls with this phone than I did with my generic sanyo camera phone- and I mean miss a lot! Well, when a voicemail is left, it doesn't alert me like my old phone to let me know I have one. When I go to my phone and unlock the keypad, the "you have a new voicemail" page is up, but it doesn't alert me!!

This has been extremely frustrating, and I have missed some important voicemails that were time sensitive because of it. Exactly how can I set this to alert me, I have searched everywhere on the phone and can't find the option for it!!

Thanks in advance
    Make sure you have your volume and tone set in 'Prefs' under 'Sound' for Application 'Phone' for 'Voicemail Tone'

It will only give you one aural alert for VM, but display the VM message and "envelope" icon on the screen (you have to turn it on and look at it) until you clear it. Not the best solution as you have found.

I've been using TreoAlertMgr PDAapps.com for several years on my 300 and now my 600. It works well. They let you try before buy.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
  4.    #4  
    Thank you very much for the help. My alert was set to "swoosh", which is quick and not very audible. I changed it to treo so its loud and plays longer to see how that works.

If not, I'll try one of the apps recommended here
    Check out Lightwav or mp3Ringer. you can assign any wav/mp3 file to the voice mail and sms. check it out www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca