Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What does everyone think about PalmOne's Side Case?

This is the case that I'm planning to get when 650 GSM version comes out, unless there's an overwhelmingly bad testimonials.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have tried the Treo Side Case and did not care for it at all. The Covertec Horizontal Case is far superior. See - http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=19
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL
    I have tried the Treo Side Case and did not care for it at all. The Covertec Horizontal Case is far superior. See - http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=19
    Thanks for the testimonial. The Covertec Horizontal case doesn't seem to be as slim as the Treo Side Case. Umm.. tough choice

For those who haven't see the Treo Side Case, here is the URL

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0004&cat=20015
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    In my opinion, the side leather case (available on EBay for under 10 bucks) is one of the most professional and discrete cases out there.
    It allows free access to the treo AND makes the Treo blend in any professional environment
    I have detailed files.
    I have used the Treo side leather case for almost a year and have been very pleased with it.
    I also have the side leather case. I use it daily. Get it on Ebay for cheap and you will be happy (with the choice--can't say anything about the rest of your life).
    The only problem I had with the case is that you could not put the earpierce into the phone and then put it into the case. I solved that problem with a pair of scissors and a lighter (to seal the frayed edges).
    I have the original (T600) side case (which, BTW, was shipped standard with Cingular branded T600s), and like it a lot. Do note that there is a new T650 side case (listed as also compatible with the T600) with a slightly different flap (offset from center and beveled end). One minor issue with leather side cases is that they block the speaker and thus ring tones are softer (use BrightCam and/or a loud tone as necessary).
    I also did the mod that KRamsauer notes to make the headphone jack usable (changed the hole in the case to a 'U' shaped opening).
    Look carefully at the bottom of that picture of the T650 side case...it looks to me like it already has a cutout for the headphone jack. This will probably sway my choice from the Covertec case (which looks to be of much higher quality) to the T650 side case. Also because it looks slightly smaller than the Covertec case.
    Most of the cases I have had with the leather clip seem to fall off of my belt much, much more often than the plastic clips with a notch at the bottom that gets below the belt. Do you find this to be a problem with the PLMO case?
    I don't find it to be a problem. It has never fallen off. Granted, the new one may be different...
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Most of the cases I have had with the leather clip seem to fall off of my belt much, much more often than the plastic clips with a notch at the bottom that gets below the belt. Do you find this to be a problem with the PLMO case?
    I have the opposite problem. The Side Leather Case is very difficult to get on and off of a regular belt. So I guess that at least some of them don't fall off too easily.
  14. mfo
    Doesn't the PalmOne side case have a snap closure?
    Is it easy to open? If it's easy to open, does it also feel secure?
    Is it easy to close? The thought of pushing on my Treo with any force larger than pushing a button or tapping on the screen worries me.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfo
    Doesn't the PalmOne side case have a snap closure?
    Is it easy to open? If it's easy to open, does it also feel secure?
    Is it easy to close? The thought of pushing on my Treo with any force larger than pushing a button or tapping on the screen worries me.

I had the side case and one of the reasons I discontinued using it was the snap. It was very hard to snap and unsnap. I switched to the Covertec Horizontal case and love it!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Does that Covertec case have enough of a cutout to expose the headphone jack?
    I am considering Treo side case also. Anyone else have a problem with the belt clip coming off? That's my biggest fear.
    Doesn't it take a significant amount to get the phone out to answer a call?
    The belt clip is rock solid. I love it. It isn't hard to get the phone out at all. You undo the snap with your fingers, lever the thing out by the antenna and you're set. It's faster than going into your pockets.
    I'm sold. Ordered one cheap on eBay to have when I get tired of the Rhinoskin Flip Case.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast