Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Still not so sure the upgrade to 650 is worth the $. I'm on Sprint and they are going to cripple BT. I just can't see it. I may wait until my 600 breaks again (on number 3 now) and demand Sprint upgrade me! They offered me a i500 on the last visit, but I'm sticking it out.

    In the mean time to satisfy my gadget craving I'm going for the new Apple iPod Photo (color screen) 60GB ..... nice
    http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  2. #2  
    is that available now?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    It will ship in a week or two.
  4. #4  
    And it has more resolution than a treo 600!!!
  5. #5  
    I'd probably wait until they bring out a ipod video player. Its only a matter of time.
  6. F1Turbo's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #6  
    Just ordered my 60GB iPod photo, too.

    I definitely need to get the 650 though as well--I skipped the 600 and my 300 is on its last legs.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuka
    I'd probably wait until they bring out a ipod video player. Its only a matter of time.
    steve jobs doesnt think you need or want that.

    but really what else is there? how many ppl need 100 gig ipod that can also show pictures?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Still not so sure the upgrade to 650 is worth the $. I'm on Sprint and they are going to cripple BT. I just can't see it. I may wait until my 600 breaks again (on number 3 now) and demand Sprint upgrade me! They offered me a i500 on the last visit, but I'm sticking it out.

    In the mean time to satisfy my gadget craving I'm going for the new Apple iPod Photo (color screen) 60GB ..... nice
    http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/
    Same here although I went for the iPod Mini (to save even more money).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Still not so sure the upgrade to 650 is worth the $. I'm on Sprint and they are going to cripple BT. I just can't see it. I may wait until my 600 breaks again (on number 3 now) and demand Sprint upgrade me! They offered me a i500 on the last visit, but I'm sticking it out.

    In the mean time to satisfy my gadget craving I'm going for the new Apple iPod Photo (color screen) 60GB ..... nice
    http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/
    wait so you're going to pay $499-599 for an iPod that has a color screen and just shows pictures not takes. where is the upgrade? just buy the regular one and save your more, or even better buy the 650. and lets there are some improvements there. explain to me the upgrade.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuka
    I'd probably wait until they bring out a ipod video player. Its only a matter of time.
    HAhahaha!

    Are you saying you want to watch a movie while walking down the street?
  11. #11  
    No, while on the metro. In line at the bank etc. Why not go all the way.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuka
    No, while on the metro. In line at the bank etc. Why not go all the way.
    I don't think my attention span would allow be to get any benefit from such a device.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by onpaws
    And it has more resolution than a treo 600!!!
    Not more than the 650...

    iPod: 220x176
    Treo: 320x320

    The ipod is a nice device, but for my needs, a 2GB SD card and Treo 650 will suffice.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Not more than the 650...

    iPod: 220x176
    Treo: 320x320

    The ipod is a nice device, but for my needs, a 2GB SD card and Treo 650 will suffice.
    Agree. If I need a cool photo viewer I'll just buy one of the hundreds digital picture frames available. Or, when I'm rich I'll go for this one:
    http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/phot...ame-023938.php

    I'm happy with my IPOD just as it is.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeos
    wait so you're going to pay $499-599 for an iPod that has a color screen and just shows pictures not takes. where is the upgrade? just buy the regular one and save your more, or even better buy the 650. and lets there are some improvements there. explain to me the upgrade.
    I have a 15GB iPod now. The upgrade for me is not just the color screen. I have over 2500 photo's in my library and growing (which will auto sync) and a 3000 song library. Audio and, now Video out.

    The biggest upgrade really is the 60GB hard drive. I can have all the above and back up my PowerBook, carry hugh files. I can also load a lean version of Mac OS X and boot from it.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  16. #16  
    I feel like the little kid in the age old story "The Emperor's New Clothes" but here goes anyways:

    WHY the $&^% would pay that MUCH for a stupid MP3 player and photo viewer?!?!?!?

    Hellooooo....think about the poor hungry kinds in Somalia...what would they think of your purchase plans
    I have detailed files.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Not more than the 650...

    iPod: 220x176
    Treo: 320x320

    The ipod is a nice device, but for my needs, a 2GB SD card and Treo 650 will suffice.
    Yah..... Hey where in Flushing are you? I grew up on 155th st by Northern blvd.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    I feel like the little kid in the age old story "The Emperor's New Clothes" but here goes anyways:

    WHY the $&^% would pay that MUCH for a stupid MP3 player and photo viewer?!?!?!?

    Hellooooo....think about the poor hungry kinds in Somalia...what would they think of your purchase plans

    Yeah, that too... Ipods are nice, but they're such a ripoff... Navigating thru 15000 photos with a dial on a puny screen sounds challenging and semi pointless.
  19. #19  
    Think of it this way: The iPod isn't crippled with a puny .3MP camera like the 650, it doesn't have a tiny keyboard that's hard to type on, and it will never drop a call no matter how bad the signal is. Clearly a superior product!

    Actually, I ordered one today. For me, the most important thing it offers (aside from the music features) is a place to offload pictures from my camera on long trips. (It needs a memory card reader from Belkin to do that.) The earlier iPods could also do this, but you couldn't see the pictures till you got to a computer.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    WHY the $&^% would pay that MUCH for a stupid MP3 player and photo viewer?!?!?!?
    WHY?
    because I can.

    plus all the reasons I listed above. it's a portable 60GB HD.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions