View Poll Results: As one who never had a Treo, will you buy 650?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am happy enough with current configuration

103 88.79%
  • No, I will rather buy 600 for less

4 3.45%
  • No, I will wait for the next Treo

5 4.31%
  • No, I am done with Treos and will look elsewhere

4 3.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm ready for a change. My Nokia 6800 & Palm Vx just aren't cutting it anymore. I've been with ATT for many years, but was recently offered a Blackberry 7100t for $99 if I switched to T-Mobile. Think I may do that, use it till the Treo 650 comes out for either ATT or T-Mo, and then give the Blackberry to my wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    As soon as ATTWS / Cingular or VZW gets it - I'll have it!
    same here. just wondering aloud here---since the siemens unit has wi fi and the treo has edge, but you will be able to add wi fi eventually to the treo 650, does that not make the treo the device to have???????
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I'm a current blackberry user. I love my BB, but I'm bored with it, and need a new toy. I have always liked the treo, but the bugs, and sprints reception in my area is terrible. but now with number portability, and a updated treo, I'm ready to give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    I'm a current blackberry user. I love my BB, but I'm bored with it, and need a new toy. I have always liked the treo, but the bugs, and sprints reception in my area is terrible. but now with number portability, and a updated treo, I'm ready to give it a shot.

sprint has always had awful reception!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I'm getting one the minute Tmobile offers it sometime in January. I've been a diehard Palm OS and Handspring user - Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600 and enjoyed all of them. But right now I just want to get rid my Treo 600 and get another Treo (650) that is built by another company. Of course, I also look forward to the 320X320 screen, BT, and the future Wi-Fi card that Colligan said is definitely in the works.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    I'm coming from a Sony Clie NX70v and the Treo 650 is almost all that I need. Except for the long screen. This will be a great upgrade for me.
    Same with me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    I'm getting one the minute Tmobile offers it sometime in January. I've been a diehard Palm OS and Handspring user - Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600 and enjoyed all of them. But right now I just want to get rid my Treo 600 and get another Treo (650) that is built by another company. Of course, I also look forward to the 320X320 screen, BT, and the future Wi-Fi card that Colligan said is definitely in the works.
    why a different company?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Am going for my 4th Treo 600 replacement next week. I had the same exprerience with my Treo 270. According to previous posts here at Treo Central, the new Treo 650 manufacturer (HTC?) makes better devices.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    Am going for my 4th Treo 600 replacement next week. I had the same exprerience with my Treo 270. According to previous posts here at Treo Central, the new Treo 650 manufacturer (HTC?) makes better devices.
    I didnt know that. supposedly, htc is making the new treo and the new siemens unit. the siemens unit is supposed to be great! hopefully that extands on to the new treo!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    I've never had a Treo and I will definitely be getting the 650. I have a Samsung i330, a great little device, if you don't mind graffiti. For me the 650 is a no-brainer: I'd never switch from the Palm OS; bluetooth completes my totally mobile, wireless office (powerbook, printer, mouse and now the 650 for PDA and internet connectivity); and I've been thinking of switching to GSM (frequent european travels)

The 650's shortcomings-- no wifi, weak camera, insufficient memory -- are, for me, far out-weighed but it's features
    I almost went for the Treo 600 with a 2 year plan. The Treo itself would have cost me about 90 dollars and I was planning on upgrading to the Treo 650 after a year. But now I will wait until the Treo 650 is available over here in the Netherlands (probably around March). For the moment my Tungsten|T3 works fine with a Bluetooth phone for the occasional mail or sms.
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    I've never had a Treo and I will definitely be getting the 650. I have a Samsung i330, a great little device, if you don't mind graffiti. For me the 650 is a no-brainer: I'd never switch from the Palm OS; bluetooth completes my totally mobile, wireless office (powerbook, printer, mouse and now the 650 for PDA and internet connectivity); and I've been thinking of switching to GSM (frequent european travels)

The 650's shortcomings-- no wifi, weak camera, insufficient memory -- are, for me, far out-weighed but it's features
    the next generation treo hopefully will incorporate Wi-Fi, more memory, better (faster) processor, and a good camera---and that would make the Treo 700 my phone for at least two years if not more
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    i am 95% sure i am going to get the treo 650...reason being...better kb, better screen, and of course EDGE...if there was no EDGE i would not purchase it at all...

However i have wanted this from the beginning...ive always loved a PPC...i love the way they look and such...and well hopefully somewhere down the line there will be a PPC with EDGE and maybe more...but at this this moment the treo 650 is my choice (not that is a bad thing or anything)..

Oh yeah another reason why i am also going to get the treo 650...is well the treo 600 on the rogers network, has the ability to hold onto a signal everywhere and anywhere i go...so thus im not scared by the gsm treo 650 at all
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12