1.    #1  
    Hats off to Michael, Marcus and all the TC Staff for keeping us all up to date on the CTIA and the release of the Treo 650. The latest piece Direct from Palm One is just outstanding. Keep up the good works!
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Here here... excellent job.
    All you nay sayers should be relieved about the WiFi issue. I'm getting so excited.
    thanks TC!
    Thanks TC. For a while there I was very disappointed with what the Treo650 had to offer. Thanks to your interview, some, but not all, of my gripes with the Treo650 are being addressed by palmOne. I wasn't going to purchase the 650 but i'm reconsidering. Great article
    Very good article, touched on pretty much all the grey areas. I think the answers were also satisfactory, perhaps not what I preferred to hear, but at least it seems decisions were made in reason. EXCEPT for that SD card sticking out
    Excellent job gentlemen. Really appreciate the in-depth review - it eased a lot of issues I have had with the Treo 650, except for why the only used 32mb memory. If you get a follow up, please ask about that.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Yes thankyou so much...also if you get a follow up:

1) Is the IR port stronger or have a greater range?
    2) Are the ringtones any louder?
    3) Is the vibrate any stronger

There are my 3 "minor" issues with the 600 right now. Would love to know that when I am forking over the cash...these are adressed as well..but oh heck..i will buy he 650 anyway
    Thanks for all the details TC! Where would we be without you?!
    It goes without saying - Thanks a bunch guys!
    dstrauss - PalmOne's response as they've told us is that everyone wants one feature or this, but when you add it all up it would not have been cost competitive. They want a $499 device, not a $599 device. They think they've chosen the best combination of software and hardware. That's their spin. I don't buy it one bit, that's why it's been hard for me to report. Flash chips are in supply and are only a few dollars more - it just doesn't make sense to me as a user.

IR port - no change in it, they are not seeing any demand to change it.

Ringtones - I didn't notice it to be louder, but I'll ask. I'll also try the vibrate when I get my hands on it, because that would be interesting to find out.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Also try the speakerphone to check for echos
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Is it a full duplex speakerphone?
    Thanks Miradu!
    Yes, excellent job!

Hey...did you happen to ask (or did they say) if the signal strength with the Sprint version Treo 650 had been improved at all? Thanks,

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Yes, indeed, thanks for the reporting (I'm a bit jealous, but, hey, I can live vicariously).
    Reading all the negative comments following the Treo 650 Launch, I feel better after I saw this report. I thought I was impressed with the PDA2K but I think for now I will give it another year with the Treo 650.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Yes, Thanks for the site, all the coverage, hard work, and maintaining a good relationship with PalmOne. It can't do anything but help our cause (need for more features) for PalmOne to see all these users gathered together in one place.
    -Vincent

PS.... When will we see DTMF tones available on command?
    Yes, your investments on our behalf are much appreciated, folks.

Do you think we're seeing a little bit of a change in attitude about WiFi from P1? That flip-flop on support for the WiFi card suggests maybe they've heard the loud cries of anguish associated with both the T5's and the 650's release and are perhaps now reconsidering their stance on where to put the resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    dstrauss - PalmOne's response as they've told us is that everyone wants one feature or this, but when you add it all up it would not have been cost competitive. They want a $499 device, not a $599 device. They think they've chosen the best combination of software and hardware. That's their spin. I don't buy it one bit, that's why it's been hard for me to report. Flash chips are in supply and are only a few dollars more - it just doesn't make sense to me as a user....
    I think that is a good analysis. Besides, they're NOT delivering a $499 device (unless they mean their wholesale to dealer) because all of the leaks from Sprint and Best Buy show it will be a $599-$649 device to the user, before carrier subsidies. Had their target truly been $499 retail, THEN YES, it would be much closer to a killer device.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.