Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Jabra has the new model BT headset listed on their website...

Jabra BT110

15hrs talk time on 1 AAA battery. No having to keep a charging cradle handy when the power runs low.

CGordonn
    Are these things (BT headsets in general) small enough to stuff in my pocket? I use the retractable Jabra right now and it's great. I can leave it in my pocket all the time. Would I be able to do this with a BT one? If not, there's no reason to spend the money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Are these things (BT headsets in general) small enough to stuff in my pocket? I use the retractable Jabra right now and it's great. I can leave it in my pocket all the time. Would I be able to do this with a BT one? If not, there's no reason to spend the money for it.
    On the page linked to above, there is a link to a pdf file with pics of the device in people's ears.
    http://jabra.com/products/downloads/..._Datasheet.pdf

Looks like it'll fit in a pocket to me...unless you got some tight pockets.
    I just got off the phone with Jabra. One advantage of the new BT 110 headset is that it supports Bluetooth 1.2 over BT 1.1. Unfortunately the new Treo 650 does not support BT 1.2. We will still be able to use the two together, as BT 1.2 is backward compatible, but we wont get the new BT 1.2 features. See my other post for explanation.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60425

Also I find it interesting how the new Jabra BT110 doesn't seem to point a mic at your mouth. From the picture it looks like it sets completely behind the ear and points to the ground. I wonder how this will work out. Does it have a directional mic pointing at the mouth or is it picking up vibrations of speech off the skull. Very different design than the Jabra BT 250 or 200.
    robert
    What is everyones opinion or perference of the Jabra rechargable BT 250 over the new single AAA Jabra BT110. I am on the fence. I hate to have to replace AAA batteries every 15 hours. Although it is only one battery. Also i am sure 15 hours is the best case scenario. Thoughts?
    robert
    From other specs I've seen for BT headsets, 15 hours is a LONG time for talk time.
    Grab yourself a good set of rechargable AAA batteries and you're all set.
    I wonder if I had rechargable AAA batteries if the 15 hrs would be a LOT less....

I own the BT200 and one thing I can say about it's design is if you plan on putting it on it's cradle on your belt (DON'T) If you bed or sit, there is a good change it slides off the base and eventually pops out. I like the size of the new model but I do not like the fact I have to throw away batteries....
    i rather get the hbh-660
    The BT-800, which I saw at CTIA Wireless yesterday, will be out in January.

It has an LCD screen, custom ringtones, and DSP hardware to reduce external noise.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I would wait for C-net to review it before I purchase it.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Pretty clever idea ... except that's one big (and fugly) sucker of a earset. You'll need counterweights on the other ear so you don't tip over.
    can someone enlighten me the exact uses of a LCD screen in a behind the ear (hopefully) headset?

if it's not behind the ear.. i probably wouldn't want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Im So Unpopular
    The BT-800, which I saw at CTIA Wireless yesterday, will be out in January.

It has an LCD screen, custom ringtones, and DSP hardware to reduce external noise.
    It will tell you who's calling. That way you can leave your phone in your bag. This is a guess.
    Jabra has a BT500 coming out soon, the update for their BT200/250 line.
    i was going to get the BT500 to upgrade my BT200, but hmm this 110 looks kinda nice...i think
    oh wait didnt see the AAA battery required...back tot he BT500
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Jabra has a BT500 coming out soon, the update for their BT200/250 line.

Where did you see that info? I'd like to check it out.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Google for it--there is some info 'hidden' on Jabra's site.
    Here is a Link from the press release. It also has a PDF file contained within it that shows all of the stuff coming or just released.

The LED is for battery level on the 500 and has backlit caller id on the 800.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    its on the expansys website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast