1.    #1  
    For a Treo 300 user!

I will not be upgrading any time soon!
    If you are in IT, you'll LOVE faster CPU and higher-res screen.. It's a crucial improvement.
    IMO, the screen alone is reason enough to upgrade. If you actually see one in person, you'll be sold.

Then you have bluetooth.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Having ranted for about 72 hours about the lack of new features, I'm probably going to buy one the days it's released. While I really widh there was more on-board RAM so that I could run the Mapopolis app without having to screw up my other apps by moving them to the SD card, perhaps the new OS allows for better app management in this arena.

I was disappointed about the lack of a better camera, but I don't really care about the res, as long as it actually takes better pictures.

So, what're we looking at, Thanksgiving ?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Upgrade or don't upgrade. Really irrelevant to anyone but you and Palmone
    Personally, the one reason I didn't stick with the Treo 600 was the screen. Now that it there is a hi res Treo, I'll be buying it. A nice screen that can display images, web pages, etc without looking like a screen door has fallen on it will be enough for many to upgrade. Bluetooth will be another.
  6.    #6  
    I have had 4 Treo 300's and my wife and I have had 5 combined Treo 600's. Quality is an issue with Palm1. Luckily hot syncing allows for easy backup to transfer to the new REFURB unit. Yes it is a personal decision to upgrade to a 650 or not. For all those people that don't have a Treo 600 I would recommend they take a serious look at it. I just don't think the upgrades they are offering in this model are worth me moving to it. For me the cost to upgrade does not out wieght a hi res screen and bluetooth. Sorry Palmone .. it just doesn't. I will wait atleast 6 months after release and then consider what is on the market. As of right now it doesn't look good. The 600 does just fine.
    I'm wondering if there is any opinion on "upgrading" from an older Palm (m515) to the Treo. I was going to get the 600, until I did some research, found this site and heard rumors of the 650. I'm planning on getting the T650, but if I had the 600, I might not upgrade. Just wondering what other opinions are. Thanks in advance.
    If I didn't already have a 600, I'd jump at the 650. It's everything the 600 should have been a year ago. If I could 'upgrade' to a 650 for $150 (buy new for $400, sell old for $250, I'd probably do it. But the improvements, for me, aren't worth $600.

But I wouldn't touch one until others buy them and report back on reliability, compatibility, phone quality, performance, etc.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm in a similar situation, except I now have the Treo 300. I decided to skip a generation (not buy the T600). Now that I see the better screen and faster processor, I will now upgrade to the T650. The browser on the T300 is slow, mostly because of the slow processor. The T650 will have the fastest processor of the Treo series, so I will get that. I would imagine, but not guarantee, that the T650 will be backwards compatible with your older palm device and you'll be up and running in no time. Are you concerned primarily about your contacts?
    Ditto. Im still a treo 300 user. I didn't upgrade to the 600 because of the low res screen (#1 concern for me). Now with high res and better color, IM in for sure. The 650 is exactly what I was hoping the 600 would have been (but late as hell).

Jeff

btw- I still think p1 is lame though. They are just lucky noone is beating them at there game yet. It will happen soon and it will be deserved for their slow progress.
  11. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I agree, p1 let me down too. As for someone "beating them at their game," I've been considering the HP iPAQ h6315 instead of the T650. However, it is a pocket PC, which I do not use and do not know. The learning curve is keeping me from the HP iPAQ h6315, as well as some rumors about reliability and slowness.
    Yeah saw the HP iPAQ h6315. Nice, but form factor is bigger than I want and I must have a qwerty keyboard. Attachable accessory keyboard isn't good enough. Also I've got 2 year contract with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Im So Unpopular
    IMO, the screen alone is reason enough to upgrade. If you actually see one in person, you'll be sold.

Then you have bluetooth.
    Yes, and then I will have BT. And what will I do with BT? As I understand BT, it is a cable replacement technology. I have a wonderful one foot long cable that meets half my needs. Since the 650 will not use any of my existing cables, I might use BT for part of what it does but I need this cable for power in any case. I have a headset cable that meets others.

What do you plan to do with BT that will make it valuable? That will make it as valuable as all my accessories that will not work with a 650?
    Attend one of the treo roadshows and get a Treo650 for $349!!

www.treoroadshow.com

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I sure wish there was one close to me (Raleigh, NC).
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    Having ranted for about 72 hours about the lack of new features, I'm probably going to buy one the days it's released. While I really widh there was more on-board RAM so that I could run the Mapopolis app without having to screw up my other apps by moving them to the SD card, perhaps the new OS allows for better app management in this arena.

I was disappointed about the lack of a better camera, but I don't really care about the res, as long as it actually takes better pictures.

So, what're we looking at, Thanksgiving ?
    Mapopolis has a beta version of their software on their website that allows maps to be read directly off a memory card. No transfer of maps to main memory is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Mapopolis has a beta version of their software on their website that allows maps to be read directly off a memory card. No transfer of maps to main memory is required.
    It does and it looks good. Unfortunately, it crashes my system.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    It does and it looks good. Unfortunately, it crashes my system.
    Hmmmm. I tried it on a Treo 600 and didn't have any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Hmmmm. I tried it on a Treo 600 and didn't have any problems.
    Probably a software conflict. It seems to crash when the software tries to display a map. Welcome to the wonderful world of Palm OS. Makes XP look tolerant and stable.