Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I figured I should start a thread for all the tricks people have figured out already by playing with the T650 simulator. One I just found is that if you hold the Center button (5 on the keypad in the simulator) the Alerts window pops up. I'm also going to try to extract the new ringtones from the Simulator and see if i can post them if anyone wants them.
    yea, sure
    thanks jhoff80
    sorry for the overly dumb question but....simulator? ....where?
  4.    #4  
    You need to register as a developer to join the Palm PluggedIn Program. The T650 simulator is posted there.
    which one is actually the t650 simulator?
    can't seem to find it, other than cobalt & garnett
  6.    #6  
    Are you on the Palmone site, or the PalmSource site? the T650 simulator is on the Palmone site. Click Plugged In Program Member Login, and then after you login , click development resources. You'll see Beta Treo 650 Simulator about halfway down the page.
  7.    #7  
    For anyone who wants them, here are the new ringtones from the Treo 650 extracted into MIDI format for installation on any Treo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    For anyone who wants them, here are the new ringtones from the Treo 650 extracted into MIDI format for installation on any Treo.
    Thanks, jhoff! I think I'll start using the "Bach Sonata" ringtone.
    My version of the simulator has no treo specific buttons such as five-way. How do you emulate the 5-way?
    Also, how do you type letter? Mine seems to be locked in shift, so that when I type I only get numbers/symbols.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    My version of the simulator has no treo specific buttons such as five-way. How do you emulate the 5-way?
    Turn your NumLock key OFF and use arrows on keypad and "5" key for center button.
    What about letters? Is it possible to type them? My num-lock is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    What about letters? Is it possible to type them? My num-lock is off.
    Don't use the right hand shift key, just the left hand shift key when doing letters.
    Still doesn't work. I'm using a laptop, btw. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    I've downloaded the Treo 650 Sprint simulator. But there seems to be no GSM version available.
    Or is it that I'm missing it ?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    Still doesn't work. I'm using a laptop, btw. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    I don't have it in front of me right now but one of the docs in the /docs folder did mention something specific about using a laptop keyboard, so you might want to look there for more info.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I was playing around with the simulator earlier today and clicked on a .prc file from a web page. It started to download and asked me whether I wanted to save it to internal memory or to the SD card. So if you can save an app straight to the card, can you run it from there? Is there new support in the OS for running apps from SD? If so, the 23MB memory limit wouldn't be as much of an issue.

I know I read somewhere how to emulate an SD card, but now for the life of me I can't find it. Anybody know how? Has anybody tried installing an app to the card?
    It's called Power Run. You can get it here... http://homepage2.nifty.com/hackerdud...n/index-e.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    I have a problem, I see all of the in Sounds, but they don't work. Did I do something wrong?
    Worthb: I noticed the same thing and I was able to run SnapperMail directly from the emulator card, albeit with a slower startup time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast