1.    #1  
    Can anybody tell from new published specs if the new Sprint 650 supports the new EV-DO on its network
    No it does not.

The GSM version will have edge support.

The ppc6600/01 will be the first pda phones available for sprint that are ev-do capable. The cameraless version will be available in late November via Telesales and Business Channels. The camera version will be available in December.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I have spoken to sprint telesales and they say it will be available Nov 1st to Business customers
    Quote Originally Posted by metalios@hotmai
    Can anybody tell from new published specs if the new Sprint 650 supports the new EV-DO on its network
    I'd strongly advise everyone NOT to purchase any EV-DO phones until the network is operational. I remember when Sprint 3G was rolling out, I bought the first 3G certified phone (Sanyo 5000?/5500?). It even had big bold letters on top of it that said 3G. And then they rolled out the Vision, and my phone had squat 3G capability because of the inadequate driver and no means to update it. Wait until you can sign up for EV-DO, and then purchase the phones with it.
    Evdo is live an well in at least a dozen cities. I have personally used it in NY & Bay Area California.
    Verizon 1xEVDO is called BroadbandAccess and is only available with a Wireless PC card. It is $80 per month for unlimited access. Sprint plans to roll out their 1xEVDO network the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Evdo is live an well in at least a dozen cities. I have personally used it in NY & Bay Area California.
    Another post somewhere around here suggests EVDO (and perhaps EDGE?) is essentially only usable with a highpower radio (*) as found in a laptop. Is that what you used?

=====

(*) I believe the post was something along the line of "need to be near the cell tower" or something similar.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/26/2004 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo fix
    Actually it was this one Seldom:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=60180

Title was "The merits of 1xEV-DO on a cell phone. "
    Rees
    Yup - that's the one - thanks.