Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just to start a thread that isn't full of 650 bashing, I'd like to hear how others might have the new side button programmed? I guess I'm thinking I would use it to start pTunes.
    Great question. For me, either voice record, for quick reminders to do things while I'm driving, or voice commands with the new app VoiceLauncher. Here is info about this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60263
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Cycle through open applications (task switching).
    I will remap it to be an easier to access reset button! ;-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Now I hadn't thought about that, but it would be very nice to do this. How would you actually go about doing this I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    What constitutes an "open" application?
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Just to start a thread that isn't full of 650 bashing, I'd like to hear how others might have the new side button programmed? I guess I'm thinking I would use it to start pTunes.
    I don't know how well it would work, but it kinda reminds me of my nextel years ago. push to talk in the future maybe?
    I used to have a Motorola v60 and it had a "smart" button. I used this button to trigger sequences of numbers (e.g. bank account numbers, PINs, credit card numbers, long distance, etc.). I never liked the idea of putting in pauses between sets of numbers. If my phone were stolen or something, then anyone could have immediate access to bank info. with pauses already set in. I'd rather hit the smart button to send those sets of numbers instead.

Not really a security feature, just more peace of mind.
    i'll use it to order pizza. ummm pizza.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    I would like it to do something as simple as mute my call. Lots of meetings while at home with a 2 year old or in the car cursing at soccer moms. An easy to hit without looking mute, while is sounds mundane, is one of those things that makes me pick one phone over another.
    hopefuilly readylink!
    I'm going to get a sound bite of Fran Drescher whining about the lack of 1.2mp camera, Rosie Perez asking how stupid P1 must be for not adding more memory and the comic book guy giving his opinion on the lack of wifi...this way I'll always feel at home at the push of a button.
    Hmmm... can't decide. It's between voice recording, video recording, or camera for me.
    I'll simply map it to address book. One thing that Treo 300 had that Treo 600 didn't was type resolve. I.e. if you started typing it would put you to address book, but if the only thing you were typing were digits it'd be smart enough to figure out that you are simply dialing a number, and switch you to dial pad. This basically eliminated the need to press any buttons for address book or for dialpad. I presume Treo 650 is like 600 in that regard, i.e. no smart type-resolving in address book. In which case I'll have default screen be the dial pad.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Now I hadn't thought about that, but it would be very nice to do this. How would you actually go about doing this I wonder?
    TreoButler does this currently using the volume buttons in "switch mode";
    Vol down: previous application
    Vol up: next application

There are other products out there that allow you to designate a hard button to do this as well. Of course only using one button doesn't allow for "up & down" but I would be OK with suimply cycling through the applications.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    What constitutes an "open" application?
    Open may be a little misleading. It's really just cycling through the applications that you have started since the last time you reset.

Maybe the TreoButler developer can verify and correct me if I'm wrong.
    One touch voice memo justlike the Tungsten T...sweet
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I'll use it to turn BT On/Off.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Pocket Tunes! like my previous Tungsten T
    Back in Treo land!
    Treo 600 - RIP May 31st, 2005
    Treo 650 - Born June 12th, 2006
    One whole year away from PalmOS! Ahhhh.
    Uncrippling Sprints bluetooth implementation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast