1.    #1  
    I noticed that BoxWave didn't have a Mini-Sync USB charge/sync cable listed for the T5 (same connector as 650). For those of us that use the Mini-Sync and plan to get a 650, I would suggest using the link below to request they support the 650/T5. They add device support based on the number of requests they get.

http://www.boxwave.com/community/req...st_model_2.htm

ctdw
    Nah...Bluetooth sync baby! I'll pack the travel charger that comes with the Treo, it is really not much bigger than the Boxwave charger and sync cable together.
  3.    #3  
    Except that the Boxwave cable can be used with an auto or AC connection. I use it mainly for charging, not sync.

ctdw
    I spoke with one of the employees (I probably shouldn't give out the persons name) at Boxwave and they stated that it will be out "...beginning of the year, 2005.". However they informed me to sti' use the link provided at the beginning of the topic.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    I spoke with one of the employees (I probably shouldn't give out the persons name) at Boxwave and they stated that it will be out "...beginning of the year, 2005.". However they informed me to sti' use the link provided at the beginning of the topic.

TheHandlessKing
    Wow! You got to talk to somebody there?!?

When they shipped me my miniSync cable with exposed, partially frayed wiring, I couldn't get anyone there to respond to my e-mails (4 of them ) and I couldn't find a phone number to call.

Oh, my miniSync did work -- for a while. As expected, since it was already partially broken, it eventually stopped working completely.

Caveat emptor. If the product you get is properly built, good for you (they are very convenient). If it isn't ..., well maybe they will take better care of you than they did me.

--Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Wow! You got to talk to somebody there?!?

When they shipped me my miniSync cable with exposed, partially frayed wiring, I couldn't get anyone there to respond to my e-mails (4 of them ) and I couldn't find a phone number to call.

Oh, my miniSync did work -- for a while. As expected, since it was already partially broken, it eventually stopped working completely.

Caveat emptor. If the product you get is properly built, good for you (they are very convenient). If it isn't ..., well maybe they will take better care of you than they did me.

--Mike
    Mine for the 600 broke after 6 months. I had my order email and they sent me a new one no problems...I emailed, never called.
    Mine Broke a week after the 90 day warranty period. Which according to BoxWave is industry standard. I checked PalmOne's warranty policy (on accessories), They give you one year.
    I was able to get a free replacement after complaining. The replacement started to malfunction about 90 days later (Intermittently: won't sync, causes blue screen on XP [when plugged into phone], caused several hard resets on my phone). I won't be buying one for my 650 when it comes in, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by treocentral2004
    Mine Broke a week after the 90 day warranty period. Which according to BoxWave is industry standard. I checked PalmOne's warranty policy (on accessories), They give you one year.
    I was able to get a free replacement after complaining. The replacement started to malfunction about 90 days later (Intermittently: won't sync, causes blue screen on XP [when plugged into phone], caused several hard resets on my phone). I won't be buying one for my 650 when it comes in, that's for sure.
    My complaint isn't so much about their warranty terms as their unwillingness to respond to me at all. Of course, an e-mail response that said: "We never promised you would get a well-built accessory" would have pissed me off, too, but I didn't even get that much. I even PMed the "BoxWave" user on this site without luck.

BoxWave must like robotron better than me. I wonder why. I was polite in my e-mails, especially the first ones.

--Mike
  9.    #9  
    I have purchased 5-6 of them for our company and so far have not had any issues with them. Some of them must be over a year old (used them before the Treo 600).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    My complaint isn't so much about their warranty terms as their unwillingness to respond to me at all. Of course, an e-mail response that said: "We never promised you would get a well-built accessory" would have pissed me off, too, but I didn't even get that much. I even PMed the "BoxWave" user on this site without luck.

BoxWave must like robotron better than me. I wonder why. I was polite in my e-mails, especially the first ones.

--Mike

I have to agree...I've have seven (count 'em) Boxwave connectors - five have failed. They are just cheaply made.

Thier warranty sucks. It used to be only 30 days, I hear now it's 90. Still they do fail. And not responsive at all to problems.

I guess if you don't like it, shop somewhere else. But it is unfortunate.
    For what it's worth, I've purchased four boxwave cables (all for PDAs), and one of the two I purchased for a Treo 600 creates hard resets in the Treo every time I plug it into a USB port. Putting that together with the stories above, I'm not exactly betting on a high quality product. That's too bad, as the concept is certainly good.
    Yikes these posts do paint a grim picture. Mine did fail - sides broke off. The new one had a diff design. I do not use it a lot so suspect it will fail in due course as well.

The return service was strangely painless - went to their site, emailed them to complain and I was well over the 90 day warranty. Got an email back with an RMA. They mailed me the new one I shipped em the old one.

I was not even that nice at first - I was sort of pissed off and it showed...weird. Luck day I guess
    Strange company- Boxwave. They (still) show their cable holding up a pile of house bricks on their site. Yet I punished it worse than bricks, I guess: I used it to sync my Treo a few times, and the wires are fraying out already. I emailed boxwave about it, and they did respond: basically "tough luck: 90-day warranty, chump." 'Industry standard' is a B.S. copout, means nothing. When Hewlett-Packard screwed up their credit check on me and left me without a computer for a month they used that same staid excuse to cover their own incompetence. Translate 'industry standard' into 'we f**ked up and don't want to admit it.'

I believe I'll be in the market for a few treo 650 cables soon, but not from boxwave.com
    I have to agree that Boxwave's Minisync quality SUCKS!! I've bought three and all of them half failed after a moderate use within a couple months or so max. The problem is not with the wire cord but the connectors. The plastic sidings on the connectors easily wear off and fail leaving bare exposed ends. This causes the connector to become loose and it easily fails to properly connect to the Treo and actually even causes the Treo to short!! I've had many occasions when trying to connect a falty Boxwave minisync caused my Treo to HARD RESET resulting in LOSS OF ALL MY DATA! Thankfully I have backupman installed so restoring my Treo has been simple. But regardless, I would never purchase a Boxwave minisync cable again!!! Be forwarned!!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You hit it on the head, gfunk. Right where the rubber cable meets the plastic interface connectors is the point where these will fail. As the connectors have no stable "dock" to keep them steady when you are carrying them, the plastic pieces twist and turn, and it doesn't take much time until you have exposed copper wires fraying. When I complained about the speed at which their cables become a hazard, Boxwave told me that I should take extreme care to "gently" handle the ends (which I did anyway), caution, caution, caution... But they STILL post this picture as a demonstration of their (alleged) strength quality:

http://boxwave.com/images_bw/product.../ms_strong.jpg

It seems just from looking over the experiences of those on this forum boxwave may be skating on a class action suit pretty soon.... But more likely we'll just never buy their cables again.
    I'm happy with mine. I'll buy another when I (hopefully someday) get my 650.

I have a BT laptop, but that won't help until Sprint enables the DUN profile. Until then, PDANet and a cable is all I need.