Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    These link compares the Treo to the PPc device with pictures an other info.
    side by side click here
    Good HI Res PicsGood Hi Res Pics
    Short Move on how to use

and other links
    http://mobile-review.com/pda/review...-angel-en.shtml
    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/2934.html
    Plus there is a Message Board for the entire XDA line at -
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/foru...php?forumid=167

So its not as big and one would think. Battery may be and issue. Camera is the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    another look with treo on top
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Lord, how many people are going to post this review?
    Compare the thumboards and I think you will see a deal killer.

One thing that makes it easy to use the thumboard on the treo is the fact the keys are raised. On the imate they are flat ... sort of looks like it's a touchscreen type of keyboard. I can't imagine using it effectively for anything more than sms or quickly adding a name. I send about 10 emails a day on my treo and the keyboard makes it easy to do. Not so sure about the imate.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Hmmm. Seems to be something missing. Oh yeah GSM coverage in the US sucks compared to CDMA. All of these other smartphone vendors better start getting familiar with CDMA because the next gen GSM is based on WCDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Compare the thumboards and I think you will see a deal killer.

One thing that makes it easy to use the thumboard on the treo is the fact the keys are raised. On the imate they are flat ... sort of looks like it's a touchscreen type of keyboard. I can't imagine using it effectively for anything more than sms or quickly adding a name. I send about 10 emails a day on my treo and the keyboard makes it easy to do. Not so sure about the imate.

If you read the first review on HoFo you will see that the user says the keyboard is pretty good. It has raised bits on each key which makes it easy to type. For my money, I think the Imate keyboard may be even better than the treo600 because it is less cramped. I had a SK before my treo and that keyboard was better partly because it was bigger. Of course, one handed use on the Imate may take more effort than on the treo.

From the HoFo review:

The Keyboard:

For those that had a Treo270/300 (or blackberry) you know what I mean when I say that the Treo600ís keyboard is CRAMPED. Donít get me wrong, I used it for a yearÖ its great and all. But the keyboard is just too tight. One thing that is great & bad at the same time is that the keyboard is always ďoutĒ (as in always available). The keyboard nicely lights up so you can use it at night.

The pda2kís keyboard is pretty slick. First of all itís hidden. This is good and bad (I need more time with it to make my final decision). Itís nice that you donít have to have the keyboard hanging out all the time. For some reason it just seems cleaner. Its VERY easy to slide out the keyboard when you need it. The keys light up as you would expect and are easy to read. Something that takes getting used to though is the keys. The keys are basically a flat surface with ridges on each letter so you can feel them. This seemed like it would be terrible, but surprisingly itís pretty easy to use. All in all its basically the same functionality as the Treo keyboard just not cramped. The keys have plenty of room.

Also, this phone will be out in cameraless version for sprint as early as Nov 1st with the camera version (with a flash) coming about a month or two after. The Sprint version will be EV-DO capable!!
    The keyboard on the Treo 300 was pretty good. The keyboard on the Treo 600 is cramped...it appears Palm even realized the issues when they created the 650
    I can't see how this device can be used one-handed with the keyboard on. Looks like a long, awkwardly-shaped slab.
    It looks possible to use the keyboard on the PPC one handed. But it will probably take some getting used to. One handed operation will probably be better on the T600. However, the availability of MS Voice command makes is usable even without the keyboard.

The main thing I did one handed on the treo was to use the phone and on the PPC this would be easier with voice command.
    The M$ PPC software is much more powerful, but the treo's form factor is hard to beat. I couldn't feel right about wearing the PDA2k on my hip. If i were are woman I would get one and put in my purse though.
    My t600 goes in my pocket... so the PPC should be fine. I didnt feel comfortable wearing the t600 on my hip =/
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    Hmmm. Seems to be something missing. Oh yeah GSM coverage in the US sucks compared to CDMA. All of these other smartphone vendors better start getting familiar with CDMA because the next gen GSM is based on WCDMA.
    They're releasing one on Sprint's CDMA network.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=983