View Poll Results: What might cause you to NOT get the 650?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 23mb of memory

24 40.68%
  • No wifi

14 23.73%
  • Camera with same mega-pixels

16 27.12%
  • Upgrading with my cell phone carrier too expensive

13 22.03%
  • Other

10 16.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    If you are not getting the 650, what is the deal breaker for you??
    1.) Reliability. Treo 600's have a ~%35 return rate (I think its actually higher). With how Palm has handled taking over support of the Treo line, I have no faith.
    2.) Hardware features. The price/feature ratio is waaaay off in compared to the competition.
    3.) Software. Microsoft is making it harder everyday not to be %100 Microsoft. There is always something not working as well as it could (unless you are running Microsoft).
    Quote Originally Posted by joej
    If you are not getting the 650, what is the deal breaker for you??
    My Treo600 is not even a year old yet... I cannot afford a $500.00+ cell phone every year. Maybe in a year... (Or 2) However if the price drops....

Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I was all set to pick up the 650 for my birthday next month but the same sorry camera is just not cool with me. I'll try and keep an open mind and will even compare pics (600 vs. 650) when I get the chance. But for my money and a better camera I'll likely wait on the Samsung i550 which also has a flash.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    1. The money i've spent on palm software for the 600 may not be compatible.

2. Can PDANet be used? If not, then that's a dealbreaker. http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5791

3. I could care less about the camera. Instead of just offering two versions..one with and one without...I wish they'd enhance the noncamera version with other options.

4. Bluetooth is not that big of a deal for me. Yet. It could be my inexperience with it, but I can't see wireless syncing or wireless headsets worth anything to me (not worth 500 anyways..lol).

The bottom line is that I will probably upgrade, but much later on..possibly with the next model instead. The only tempting reason (for me) to upgrade now would be the high resolution screen. That's not enough reason though. Wi-fi would've clenched it as I'm hoping the next version will have it.

The Treo 600 is wonderful, does its job well, and I'm already vested in it.
    cardfan,

1. this really shouldnt be an issue.

2. it should still work.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    3.) Software. Microsoft is making it harder everyday not to be %100 Microsoft. There is always something not working as well as it could (unless you are running Microsoft).
    You must be joking. Things don't run as well as they could unless you are all MS? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I will buy the 650 because I have a Blackberry that I hate now and a T3 and a Sanyo 8100. My pants keep falling down.

But I sure would have been much happier if they had put 64MB and a 1.3 MP camera in it.

Rob
    Most likely all of these reasons combined will break the deal for me. I cannot say that one ALONE would do it.
    No WiFi, crappy camera and 32mb. The nice screen is not enough to spend $600, maybe it's time to go MS.
    also the disabled modem issue with Sprint, that was a main reason for my purchase of the 600, they're nuts. I won't consider buying one until I know there is a workaround.
    Will
    Dealbreaker is that I can get a better PDA Phone for the same or similar price with more features and less problems