1.    #1  
    Its the only logical conclusion I can come up with.

-No upgrade option for previouse owners
    -Very few new features in compared to the 600
    -None of the old accessories work with the 650

Maybe this product is only meant for new customers and not existing Treo users. What do you think?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I agree completely. the average replacement rate for cell phones in the US is a little over 60% (about once every 18 months), and it's even lower for smartphones worldwide. P1 is just refreshing it's flagship product. Any upgrades would be gravy.
    Thats a very good point.

I think the 650 is just P1's idea of what Handspring SHOULD have done with the treo line.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    P1 has been pretty clear on this point. The 650 was designed not as any kind of major upgrade, but as "a better 600"
    Wuteva...
    Last edited by JOV3; 10/26/2004 at 01:24 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    PLEASE PEOPLE....
    1. You are forgetting the little ones that don't have a PDA phone/smartphone/ppc. To them, this 650 is like a Godsend. WHO CARES if its not a spectacular upgrade to the 600.
    2. You are also forgetting that Palmone/Handspring isn't that old. They only have 3 treos currently. When did the first one come out? 2 years ago...This is a huge step for PALMONE. To be on their 4th phone and to have all these accomodations on this device is amazing.
    3. PPC/Microsoft can blow it out their yin-yangs...It sucks, they crash, your memory is lost, they don't know how to treat customers, they don't know what customers want, they are just money driven. Palmone is smart by listening to the customer. Who knows, maybe in a couple of months to a year, There will be a treo 700/800/1000...that comes equipped with the latest space shuttle launcher. (A request, I'm sure will be maid eventually.)

Point is...THIS IS A GOOD FLIPPIN DEVICE...STOP KNOCKIN IT...and if you don't like it, WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!
    Jov, Stop spamming every thread with the same Copy/Paste message. Its very annoying.

Current lineup of PPC phone blow the Treo650 away. The Treo600 is a great phone in concept, but without the ability to warrenty it (many of us bought when it was released a year ago and our warrentys are running out) its a POS. I have gone through a total of 7!! Treo's because of the stupid BUZZING problem with them.

So yes, many of us are disspointed because the Tre600 never lived up to what they promised (major failure rate, and BlueTooth & Wifi via SDIO). When they release a new version that isnt much of a difference that just meets our requirements that we asked for over a year ago... its dissapointing to say the least.
    They said from the very begining that they wanted a family of treos. I would imagine every member of that family to have slightly different features so that one could decide what they needed and what they were willing to pay for. I think this was just the first step in creating the "family."

All of the complainers that are so vain as to assume that this new model was aimed directly at them for the sole purpose of enticing them to upgrade.... simply amaze me.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Jov, Stop spamming every thread with the same Copy/Paste message. Its very annoying.

Current lineup of PPC phone blow the Treo650 away. The Treo600 is a great phone in concept, but without the ability to warrenty it (many of us bought when it was released a year ago and our warrentys are running out) its a POS. I have gone through a total of 7!! Treo's because of the stupid BUZZING problem with them.

So yes, many of us are disspointed because the Tre600 never lived up to what they promised (major failure rate, and BlueTooth & Wifi via SDIO). When they release a new version that isnt much of a difference that just meets our requirements that we asked for over a year ago... its dissapointing to say the least.

For your information I only did it twice...cuz ITS THE SAME FRICKIN TOPIC!!!!