1.    #1  
    Will it, ? or Won't it ?

sorry if this was discussed already... just trying to find another reason to upgrade..
    I don't know but I hope so. My little Samsung VI660 does and Sprint paid me to take it. Also I'm wondering if it does voice memo's? Anyone know? I use that feature for little reminders pretty often on my Samsung. I've never had a treo or a palm so I'm not to disappointed with the features it has. Seems like we could get the bluetooth to do WiFi in our homes and offices.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I don't know but I hope so. My little Samsung VI660 does and Sprint paid me to take it. Also I'm wondering if it does voice memo's? Anyone know? I use that feature for little reminders pretty often on my Samsung. I've never had a treo or a palm so I'm not to disappointed with the features it has. Seems like we could get the bluetooth to do WiFi in our homes and offices.
    Any feature that you don;t have on your Plam, you can buy. They make free third party voice record software that works pretty well.
  4.    #4  
    what about Java???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    what about Java???
    Depends. For applets or otherwise? You can actually write pretty reliable palm apps in Java with SUN micro-edition these days.
    FWIW the girl at the MobiTV booth said it would work with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    FWIW the girl at the MobiTV booth said it would work with the 650.
    Yaay!!!! Now let's see if that road trip can come to NY any faster...
    I think the girl at the booth misled you a little bit... if anything it will happen early summer 2005. On Monday night, I talked to Paul Scanlon, VP of Marketing and Sales at mobiTV. We asked the very same question, and his response was as follows:

a) they get about 500 (exaggerated?) emails a week from Treo users wanting the service. They know that Treo users want mobiTV, and that they will pay for it. However, Sprint is not pushing them, and nor is PalmOne to create the application. While the Treo does have a lot of high end users, the company has limited resources and it simply makes more business sense to devote the time to devices that sell in the millions, not in the hundreds of thousands.

b) However, they do want to eventually support the device.It is simply a matter of time. The anecdote that I was told, was that they gave their head of engineering a Treo 600, and are "forcing" him to use it until the Treo is supported. They do not have the Palm OS developers at the time, and any people who have real skills and are looking for work, may want to consider sending their resume to them as they are looking for people to develop such an application.

C)Getting mobiTV to work on the Treo is more than running it in the JRE. They want to design a Palm OS application - I wasn't sure it even worked in the JRE. This adds time to the project.

D) We also asked Sprint about mobiTV, and Eric Martin, Smart Devices Connection Manager, told us that they do not have the infrastructure created to offer subscription services per device on the Treo line. If mobiTV develops an application, Sprint will also have to create a new backend, thereby extending the time to market for the software.

Monday was the fist day that I had ever seen mobiTV, and let me tell you that will be an incredible way to run down the battery, and spend more time on the Treo. It is an excellent application, and hopefully they will be doing something in 2005 regarding support of the Treo 600/650, but don't get your hopes to high to soon
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I think the girl at the booth misled you a little bit... if anything it will happen early summer 2005. On Monday night, I talked to Paul Scanlon, VP of Marketing and Sales at mobiTV. We asked the very same question, and his response was as follows:

a) they get about 500 (exaggerated?) emails a week from Treo users wanting the service. They know that Treo users want mobiTV, and that they will pay for it. However, Sprint is not pushing them, and nor is PalmOne to create the application. While the Treo does have a lot of high end users, the company has limited resources and it simply makes more business sense to devote the time to devices that sell in the millions, not in the hundreds of thousands.

b) However, they do want to eventually support the device.It is simply a matter of time. The anecdote that I was told, was that they gave their head of engineering a Treo 600, and are "forcing" him to use it until the Treo is supported. They do not have the Palm OS developers at the time, and any people who have real skills and are looking for work, may want to consider sending their resume to them as they are looking for people to develop such an application.

C)Getting mobiTV to work on the Treo is more than running it in the JRE. They want to design a Palm OS application - I wasn't sure it even worked in the JRE. This adds time to the project.

D) We also asked Sprint about mobiTV, and Eric Martin, Smart Devices Connection Manager, told us that they do not have the infrastructure created to offer subscription services per device on the Treo line. If mobiTV develops an application, Sprint will also have to create a new backend, thereby extending the time to market for the software.

Monday was the fist day that I had ever seen mobiTV, and let me tell you that will be an incredible way to run down the battery, and spend more time on the Treo. It is an excellent application, and hopefully they will be doing something in 2005 regarding support of the Treo 600/650, but don't get your hopes to high to soon
    Looks like it will support it after all.....

http://blog.treonauts.com/