Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just snapped this via the 650 simulator with small fonts turned on in Blazer. Should give an idea of what to expect from it. More real estate, but not double/quadruple.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=4296
    Last edited by Rob600; 10/25/2004 at 10:52 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Here is an image of http://news.yahoo.com in optimized mode. This is the full news.yahoo.com, not the mobile.yahoo.com page. Looks pretty usable to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good job, guys!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  4.    #4  
    Here is a interesting one, looks like you might be able to voice dial via Bluetooth, at least favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    Here is a interesting one, looks like you might be able to voice dial via Bluetooth, at least favorites.
    Great find!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Can you open up the Calendar and Address book (Contacts) to see if they are like the ones on the T3, i.e., categories for calendar and birthdates on contacts?
  7.    #7  
    There are birthdates in contacts, saw that earlier. Here is the image from Calendar. Note that test is business and Test2 is Personal (cyan dot vs. green dot). It would appear that these are the new versions of those applications.

Here are the screenies:
    There are birthdates in contacts, saw that earlier. Here is the image from Calendar. Note that test is business and Test2 is Personal (cyan dot vs. green dot). It would appear that these are the new versions of those applications.

Here are the screenies:
    Now if only those "categories" (Personal vs. business and the colored dots) would sync with iSync on the Mac to the categories in iCal, we'd be in business!!
    Actually, if you have Entourage 2004 and the Handheld Sync conduit that comes with it in the "Additional Tools" folder, your set. Just get the "Sync Entourage-iCal" and "Sync Entourage-Address Book" ActionScripts from MacScripter.net.

These 2 ActionScripts can be running in the background constantly or you can even choose to run them manually to have everything that is synced up from Palm OS & Entourage brought into iCal and Address Book and vice versa.
  10.    #10  
    By the way, the Palm desktop software is available in the developers section. It's available for both PC and Mac.
  11. 7ss
    BTW the simulator has 60.8M available out of a possible 63.8M. Sure looks like Palm had at least planned on a 64 meg Treo.
    Last edited by 7ss; 10/26/2004 at 01:54 AM.
    Um....I'm stupid...where's the simulator???
    You have to be a plugged-in member and then go to:
    http://developers.palmone.com/pe/index.jsp
    Why is it that the screen shots of the calendar and contacts appear to have as many rows of information on the screen at once as my 600? My calendar window is running at 160x160 and I can fit 8am to 6pm in 1 hour increments on my screen.

Is there a font or size option that lets you actually take advantage of the 320x320 screen? I mean, you should be able to fit nearly twice as many rows on the screen at once, right?

How does Excel look in Documents to Go on the 650? I'm really curious to see how well the 320x320 real estate is being used. Becuase in these screen prints (except for Blazer), I really don't see than advantage.

I'm afraid the true functionality of the 320x320 screen will be only seen in a few apps (like Blazer and AI) and the majority of what I do on a day to day basis will be the same as it is on my 600...
    I agree... It seems like in most apps, the screen resolution is not really used. In that case, when comparing to the new Sprint PPC6601 that is coming out at the same time, the 320x320 is not a big advantage over 320x240

I have been using my treo for about a year and I love it... but I think I may be going over to PPC for a while.
  16. gcs
    I just snapped this via the 650 simulator with small fonts turned on in Blazer. Should give an idea of what to expect from it. More real estate, but not double/quadruple.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=4296
    Hi,

There's also a checkbox in Prefs to show/hide the address bar, which gets you a bit more space as well...

George
    Go back to that Calendar - is there not a week at a glance view like there is on the 600? I sure hope this hasn't been removed. I use it all the time.
    Rob,

If you have time, could you post a Blazer 4.0 screenshot of a map on an internet site, like mapquest.com or something? I think that would really show off the 320x320 res with the street names, etc...
    That looks nice! I'm gonna have to download that and play around with it some more.

No.....must...... resist..........
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  20.    #20  
    98GSR: I'll try loading that up today so we can see.

I may also try to see how fonthack5 or the like does for it. I'd really like to see something more like LoRes display on a HiRes screen for some applications, which would give you quadruple the screen real estate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast