1.    #1  
    Just wondering... with the higher res screen of the 650, does that mean I will be able to see MORE columns and rows in a spreadsheet, and MORE of a web page in browser?
    yes...full screen web pages...MOOhooHOOwa,a,a!!!
    There have been reports that in Blazer you don't see more of the page while in optimized mode. Of course things look sharper. I would assume in standard mode you can see more. As for the spreadsheet question, I believe any good program would allow you to see more.
    In all the screen shots I have seen, most apps look the same in terms of the amount of info on the screen. It seems that the main benefit of the high res screen would be sharper fonts and crisper graphics. Its a shame that P1 did not decide to revamp the GUI to put more info on screen at once. Thats when high res is most useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    yes...full screen web pages...MOOhooHOOwa,a,a!!!
    I'm not sure that we can call it "full screen webpages". Even a 640x480 screen is small to browse.

360x360 is *much* better than 160x160 however, I can't complain. I love the screen.

How is the new browser? Is it smart enough to reduce the web pages correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    In all the screen shots I have seen, most apps look the same in terms of the amount of info on the screen. It seems that the main benefit of the high res screen would be sharper fonts and crisper graphics. Its a shame that P1 did not decide to revamp the GUI to put more info on screen at once. Thats when high res is most useful.
    I guess it's pretty tempting to keeps things the same, it's easier to port. We'll have to wait for newer software revisions.

I agree, using the additional pixels to display *more* information is the way to go.
    several of the early reviews and comments from folks who have seen it is that the screen is also much easier to view in brighter lighting... i'm not exactly sure how the higher resolution fits in with that but there seems to be some connection according to those more in the know than me.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    from an IT perspective..
    ssh with an actual 80x25 screen
    better VNC/Wind-hand.
    Does a higher res screen mean a brighter emergency flashlight? Cool!!
    Here is a image of treo.tc under Blazer 4.0. I have turned the small fonts on to add more stuff to the page. I think it's pretty clear that you will be getting more browser real estate with the 650, but maybe not fully double (quadruple).

-Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    from an IT perspective..
    ssh with an actual 80x25 screen
    better VNC/Wind-hand.
    You are reading my mind. Pssh will rock now. Not to mention the fact that faster CPU will make connect a lot faster now.
    PSSH doesn't currently run...at least not the 06-06 version, I'll try the latest in just a sec. Complains that it only runs on ARM processors. Will report back with screen shots if I get it working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    PSSH doesn't currently run...at least not the 06-06 version, I'll try the latest in just a sec. Complains that it only runs on ARM processors. Will report back with screen shots if I get it working.
    Huh? Doesn't run on what? On 650? It ran fine on 600. If it doesn't run on 650 I'll shoot myself in the head. I bounce the servers and run performance monitors on that thing during emergencies
    AnthonyG, it doesn't run on the 650 simulator that I'm using. See my image just above to see the simulator in action.

And I agree, PSSH is Vital to me. Why do you think it was the FIRST external app I loaded!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    I'm not sure that we can call it "full screen webpages". Even a 640x480 screen is small to browse.

360x360 is *much* better than 160x160 however, I can't complain. I love the screen.

How is the new browser? Is it smart enough to reduce the web pages correctly?

I meant from side to side...
    from http://alteraxion.typepad.com/coolgadgets/

winhand on a 650
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwotreo
    Does a higher res screen mean a brighter emergency flashlight? Cool!!
    Most likely not. And frankly that's fine with me. I've been blinded by my treo at night already.
    Using the emulator, does ptelnet work? that would be a good test on the 80x25 screen.