Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will AOL 3.2.1 work with the 650? And for those of you who have it for the 600, do you have to have an AOL account? What if I only have an AIM account? Does anyone know of a better Instant Messenging program?

Thanks
    Verichat
    Causerie
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Though I don't use (I use verichat): Chatter.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1
    Verichat

Does verichat use AOL instant messenger?...that is where all my buddies are.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    Does verichat use AOL instant messenger?...that is where all my buddies are.
    ym
    aol

you can do all that with verichat
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    ym
    aol

you can do all that with verichat
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol

Thanks man...i coulda sworn it was only yahoo and msn. THIS is perfect...
    STAFF...YOU CAN REMOVE THIS THREAD...THANKS...
    Will AOL 3.2.1 work with the 650?
    Thanks
    Lot's of luck.
    Will AOL 3.2.1 work with the 650? Thanks
    You cannot be serious. While it is highly unlikely, it is even less likely that anyone here knows the answer.
  10.    #11  
    hey whmurray...thanks for your help...I'm sure everyone just loves chatting with you...besides...i said this thread is done, i got my answer, so bugger off!!!
    why wouldn't aol for palm work on the 600 or 650? it's palm software, right? it works great on my treo300... mostly curious but that would be a pain if there was no aol software for the 650...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    You cannot be serious. While it is highly unlikely, it is even less likely that anyone here knows the answer.

Damn you sound miserable!
    for a bunch of reason... bots, interface and it keep the LOGS! i can't tell you how many times i lost info that friends sent me b/c i closed verichat/soft reset/what have you b/c verichat resets the logs when you close a session.

causerie rocks!
  14.    #15  
    do you have a link ricochet???
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16.    #17  
    Verichat looks better to me...
    I used Verichat for about a year. I liked it, and it worked just fine. I just got emailed about the yearly subscription fee (had to renew), so I looked around and found Causerie. Here's a link:

http://mantragroup.com/

The only thing I found with Verichat (and this is totally conjecture), but it _really_ hit my battery hard. I think Verichat checks in so much, it blasts your battery down pretty quickly. I haven't experienced the same issue with Causerie, but I only recently started using it. YMMV!
  18.    #19  
    ricochet...you need to keep us posted
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    why wouldn't aol for palm work on the 600 or 650? it's palm software, right? it works great on my treo300... mostly curious but that would be a pain if there was no aol software for the 650...
    Why indeed? However, all kinds of applications that worked perfectly well on the 270 failed to work on the 600. The history is that new versions of Palm OS break old applications. The version for the 650 makes changes to the file system in support of the flash memory. While it might be possible to do that without breaking old applications, only testing will tell.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast