Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rees:
    Your email is basically the same thing that I've mentioned earlier:
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...UpgradeProgram

"Sprint PCS New for You Upgrade" is basically another name for 18-month rebate upgrade program.

For the last time people. If you are an existing customer and your plan has expired sometime in the past signing up for the new plan will not give you any savings on the phone as of right now. None. 0. Squat. If you manage to squeeze a rebate out of Sprint that way, please let me know how you did it. And NO, something that happened 1, 2, 3, <insert months here> ago doesn't count, Sprint just recently changed the rules of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I live around Portland, OR and with work travel from WY to N and Central CA to Hawaii, with occasional trips to Chicago, Dallas, and Kansas City and have never lost signal with Sprint unless passing through extremely remote areas and mountain passes where you would expect to loose any signal.

I have been extremely happy with their pricing, plans, and coverage for over 5 years now.
    It's LOSE not LOOSE!!! How the hell would a signal get "loose"? Was it tight and then it got "loose"? Why does everyone here have so much trouble with that word!?!?!?!? Don't be a "Looser"!

Why does it drive me so mad!?!?!?! Oh no, I think I'm "loosing" it!

Here is an example of proper usage: "Be careful that you do not lose your mother, who by the way is a very loose woman!"
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Alrighty then...
    Hey Spec,
    You are loosing it!
    I bet yer a fan of "Could care less", too!

As in:

== I could care less how someone spells a word as long as I can
    == understand the message.

BTW: http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/persona...vis/Cmabrigde/
    Ok, so let's say it's a month after the 650 is released and while walking to work I inadvertantly drop my 600 and it no longer works. If I have the sprint replacement plan, will they replace my 600 with a 650?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayazo
    Ok, so let's say it's a month after the 650 is released and while walking to work I inadvertantly drop my 600 and it no longer works. If I have the sprint replacement plan, will they replace my 600 with a 650?

Nope! Not as long as they still carry the 600.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayazo
    Heh sounds evil. You never know. Thing is they only ship you newer model when the old one is no longer available in stock. A couple of years back I had Sprint replacement thing for my StarTac. I dropped it (really dropped it on the highway while being not completely sober), and intstead of StarTAC they sent me the newer cooler looking Silver model (It was like StarTac but silver and with color screen, forgot the name). I called them up and asked why the generosity, and they told me that StarTACs are no longer in stock.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    and intstead of StarTAC they sent me the newer cooler looking Silver model (It was like StarTac but silver and with color screen, forgot the name).
    It was the Motorola Timeport. Cool Phone for its time. I had one!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    So, I'm guessing Sprint service is good in NYC. Any opinion on the NJ side of the Hudson River? I don't think I have any friends who have Sprint or Cingular to comment. I do have some friends who hate AT&T and can't wait till they can get out of their contracts.
    I lived in Jersey City by the Grove St PATH for a couple years. The coverage from Sprint was great for me in JC, Hoboken, Weehawken, and immediate areas. I switched from AT&T because they had poor coverage there. Things might be different nowawadays, but I couldn't complain about SPCS service in that area. YMMV.
    Hey,
    This question goes out to the Sprint Faithfuls. If one were to buy a Treo 600 or 650, what would be the best plan to purchase for usage by 2 cell phones and unlimited data on the Treo phone?

Thanks!
    yeah - good question

would be interested in that answer
    Whatever you do, talk to the retention department! I used to have a $50/month for 500 minutes + $10/month for vision. I told sprint that I was taking off to t-mobile (little white lie...Tmoblie sucks in so-cal) and they immediately switched me over to the retention dept. I got hooked up with a $30/month for 500 min + $10/month for vision! Good good stuff!

For your plan tho, it really depends on how many minutes you use, do you want to share the minutes, etc. What do you need from your phone?
    Hey MacUser... it all depends on whether or not you consistently use the same number of minutes per month. However, if I were you, and was signing up for new service, I would most likely get the Fair-and-Flexible Family Share plan. This plan starts at $59.99 with an initial bucket of minutes, and as you use more minutes it just bumps your plan up to the next tier. Each tier is a $5 increment, so you essentially will not have to worry as much about overage, and will save money when you use the phone less. Also, the great thing about Sprint's services is that a lot of the options are a la carte, which means that you can add them on separately like choosing from a restaurant menu. So... Free-and-Clear America (free roaming) is $5 extra, unlimited SMS is $10 extra, 7 PM night/weekend minutes are $5 extra, and Professional Version of Vision is $15 (unlimited data, e-mail, web browsing, you name it!).
    Well, I currently have 800 shared minutes, free evenings, free phone to phone and I pay like $80 a month. I had unlimited T-zones but cancelled it. I've only gone over my minutes once in 15 months, so that is the right range, but of course that's without data usage. I have a friend whom I just found out has Sprint, but she said her service sucks here by NYC. I asked if she had the roaming with Verizon, and she said she keeps her roaming off because it's expensive. Isn't it only like $5 for roaming to Verizon's network?

Thanks again...
    Like I said, get whatever works best for you. I have the cheapest Sprint plan, $35 a month 300 minutes, unlimited n&w (starting at 7PM I think). I don't talk all that much
    MacUser, you Sprint friend must not be up to date with their latest offerings. Go to www.sprintpcs.com for yourself to see...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123