Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I am planning on going to the Boston road show- afternoon session.

Boston, MA Thursday, 11/11/2004

Hyatt Regency Boston, Financial District
    One Avenue de Lafayette
    Boston, MA 02111

What's the scoop on logistics driving from CT? Where the best place to park etc? Anyone want to car pool? Not familiar with the area so any info appreciated.
    Good idea picking the afternoon session - even with the Veteran's Day holiday, the traffic from the south could be painful.

You could try parking at the hotel itself ($$), otherwise parking will be pretty dicey down there. Another option is the parking lot at the bus terminal near South Station - you might be able to walk from there. If you don't want to deal with your car (I wouldn't), you could park at one of the commuter rail stations further south of town and take the train in. Check out www.mbta.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by jzaritsky
    I doubt this "deal" is going to last much longer- too many people are trying to bend the rules- the coupon on ebay is just an example of whats to come- see you in long beach tomorrow!
    You mean the free advertisement for Treo 650's on eBay? Yeah, palmOne should be terribly upset about that.

palmOne is being very open about these events because they're mainly trying to get the word out, and with some luck, get some decision makers to give Treos a try back at their home office. Giving away a handful of Treos at a much lower margin for them (still more than cost, though, certainly) is more than worth it. A coupon being sold on eBay is better than they hoped for.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    What's the point of a coupon on Ebay? Don't they cross-check the invite E-mail with the ordering E-mail and the coupon code?

There's a coupon jpg floating around these boards.

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    The whole thing is rather unfair. I am in the South, and the show comes nowhere near me. (DC is the closest at 7.5 hours away). So because of where I live I am basically unable to get the discount.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    gjlowe, I feel your pain. Here in Miami, zero on the roadshow. Even Atlanta, which I would think should have some IT professionals who fit the criteria for the TRS gets no show.

Kinda sad, but that's PalmOne's choice. I'm not thrilled, but it's just another excuse for me to hold onto my 600 for a while longer.

Cheers!
    *NEWS FLASH*
    Life is unfair, get used to it.

Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    *NEWS FLASH*

Sorry.
    *NEWS FLASH*

Keep your customers happy or you won't have any left to please.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    *NEWS FLASH*

Sorry.

LOL Primate. It was a matter of time before I heard that on the boards.

I know life is unfair. No doubt about it, but I never said I was mad at the "unfairness" of it...just the way life is. I was bleeding edge with the 600 and will now wait utill the dust settles w/the 650's launch and intro to the market. As another thread states, the 600 is still cool, maybe not the coolest, but it works without issues (now after a year of tweeks).

It's kinda like buying a 2004 Corvette...you know with the pop-up headlights...only to see the 2005 `Vette with a different look. Same basic exterior but a few tweeks to make you go hmmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I am planning on going to the Boston road show- afternoon session.

Boston, MA Thursday, 11/11/2004

Hyatt Regency Boston, Financial District
    One Avenue de Lafayette
    Boston, MA 02111

What's the scoop on logistics driving from CT? Where the best place to park etc? Anyone want to car pool? Not familiar with the area so any info appreciated.
    There is a place right behind South Station train station which has fairly cheep all day parking, and it is a 5 minute walk from there.
    i plan on going to the Dallas event on nov. 4th. i didn't get an email invite to sign-up & was filling out the online reg. form & don't know what the "please enter promo code" means. it has options N/A, TRS01-thru-TRS06. is there a specific code i need to enter here to make sure i'm eligible for the discount? i want to make sure before i fill it out.

edit--thanks robert......
    Last edited by peyote; 10/28/2004 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by peyote
    i plan on going to the Dallas event on nov. 4th. i didn't get an email invite to sign-up & was filling out the online reg. form & don't know what the "please enter promo code" means. it has options N/A, TRS01-thru-TRS06. is there a specific code i need to enter here to make sure i'm eligible for the discount? i want to make sure before i fill it out. thanks-
    Go with N/A
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    It's kinda like buying a 2004 Corvette...you know with the pop-up headlights...only to see the 2005 `Vette with a different look. Same basic exterior but a few tweeks to make you go hmmmmm.

Exactly, now if GM could only relearn how to build decent quality interiors, I would jump back on the bandwagon.
    Has anyone at all on this board ordered a Treo through the road show coupon and actually gotten it delivered to them? If so, how long did it take?

Has anyone gotten a Treo 650 delivered to them?
    Won't matter for the discount- there's a "none of the above" type option. I imagine the code is just for campaign analysis later.
    They validate who signed up vs attended by email address- you'll need to use same email address when you fill out your questionaire at the show.
    i signed up for the afternoon event for Dallas. i'm 3hrs away & would like to just go to the second afternoon event. can i sign-in then or do i need to show up at the time posted for sign-up (before both afternoon conferences). thanks-
    I believe you have to be there before the registration ends, so before 2PM. If you show too late they my not check off your email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by gomarpyle
    I just received a VM confirming my registration for the 9/26 treoroadshow meeting tomorrow in SF. It was a reminder that registration started at 2:00... and that when registering I should be sure to ask how I could get 50% off a Treo Smartphone.... I wonder which treo smartphone... Could it be the 650? Anyone else get a call like this?
    I think they mean a Treo 90 (the non-phone) bundled with a free Visor & VisorPhone. Sign me up!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    The coupon is for Treo 600s on all platforms, and to-date the Sprint Treo 650 is also available for order. The GSM 650 is not on the Vienna site (yet, anyway), and there is no guarantee you will be able to get a discounted GSM 650 before the expiration date on the coupon (11/30).
    So there is 2-3week expiration date on the coupon?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123