1.    #1  
    "In addition, palmOne and Audi of America are demonstrating the capabilities of their complementary Bluetooth products at CTIA in San Francisco, Oct. 25-27 (palmOne booth, No. 610). "

Did anyone catch this segment from the Palm news release this morning? I have an Acura TL with Bluetooth and have been anxiously awaiting any news on whether the 650 will work with the Acrua Handsfree link system. If Audi is showing off their bluetooth products with the 650, then maybe there is hope that the device will work with the Acura system too.

Here's hoping.
    I'm just about to purchase a TL and am curious about this too. This is one of the many factors I'm considering before I purchase it (the TL and the 650).
    should work

acura will be using its 'handsfree profile'
    which should be a basic minimum of a bluetooth headset profile
    yeah, i have a prius and that's a big thing i'm waiting for as well. that could well be a deal breaker for me.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Better test it out. The HP6315 and iMate PDA2K both claimed bluetooth support but don't work with Acura. You have to take them out of your briefcase to answer the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    I'm just about to purchase a TL and am curious about this too. This is one of the many factors I'm considering before I purchase it (the TL and the 650).
    Say...are you purchasing or leasing? If leasing, what does a TL go for on a lease? Have no clue what they estimate for residual value. Would love to get it as a Treo accessory
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Say...are you purchasing or leasing? If leasing, what does a TL go for on a lease? Have no clue what they estimate for residual value. Would love to get it as a Treo accessory
    a TL as a Treo accessory...
    not the other way round?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    should work

acura will be using its 'handsfree profile'
    which should be a basic minimum of a bluetooth headset profile
    The headset profile and the handsfree profile are completely seperate within the Bluetooth specification. One does not imply that the other is included. There are dependencies among the bluetooth profiles but not between headset and handsfree.

If the Treo650 is compatible with Bluetooth v1.1 it will most likely include a handsfree profile of some kind. But, within the handsfree profile, there are two roles, of which the device must support at least one of those roles. The two roles are the Hands-Free role (HF) and the Audio Gateway role (AG). There are 11 and 8 capabilities respectively in those two roles that are mandatory depending on which of the roles is implemented. Capabilities are things such as: Call status and service indicators displayed in a remote display such as the MID of the Acura TL and RL. Accepting a voice call with or without the phone actually ringing. Transferring a call in progress from the handset to the handsfree system, etc. As you can see there are a thousand shades of gray here. (Are you yawning yet?)

It is encouraging that PalmOne is touting the car kit pairing capabilities for the Treo650. Depending on which role within the handsfree profile they have chosen to implement, the entire list of capabilities for the 'Handsfree-AG' (audio gateway) or the 'Handsfree-HF' (hands-free) may not be implemented but most likely the mandatory capabilities will be. There's no way to know for sure the exact capabilities of the Bluetooth implementation for this particular device until it is submitted to the Bluetooth SIG and that information makes its way onto the bluetooth.org website. Unless ofcourse you work for PalmOne and you are willing to share the information with us....
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    I would be skeptical by default. Considering that other manufactures have had issues and the fact that Palm only came out with 1 patch for the Treo600 since its release. I would be REALLY skeptical.
    My indications are that it WILL work. I have a 2004 TL myself, and the bluetooth system is awesome.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ypshan
    Better test it out. The HP6315 and iMate PDA2K both claimed bluetooth support but don't work with Acura. You have to take them out of your briefcase to answer the call.
    There was recently a ROM update to the PDA2K but I am not sure if this fixed the problem or not. In addition, I understand that the PDA2K is going to be getting a bluetooth update shortly that might fix this issue.

I have had a TL since March and it has been driving me nuts not to be able to use the HFL system with my Treo.

I just got my Treo 650. Unless I am doing something totally wrong, the phone is not compatible with the 2004 Acura TL. Well, I can't believe this G-D phone doesn't work with the TL. I assumed that since it has the "hand-free" profile, it would work. (My previous Sony Ericsson p900 didn't work cuz it only had the "headset" profile...")

I'm still in denial and hoping that there will be something that can be done...

http://www.ratcar.com/treo/rolleyes.gif If everyone decides that they are more important than other people posting the same thing, thus requiring their own special thread, this forum is going to become unreadable over the next few months. SEARCH. REPLY. I understand that you are angry, but come on.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=acura
    Ouch. Terribly sorry for inconveniencing you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    http://www.ratcar.com/treo/rolleyes.gif If everyone decides that they are more important than other people posting the same thing, thus requiring their own special thread, this forum is going to become unreadable over the next few months. SEARCH. REPLY. I understand that you are angry, but come on.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=acura
    This forum is already very difficult to keep up with.
    Does there really need to be 12 different threads about the memory issue and 5 different threads about how to transfer stuff to the 650?
    Nope - doesn't work with Prius or Acura TL :-(
  17. Daz
    The Treo 650 doesn't work with the Acura TL? Are you sure?
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/26/2004 at 10:44 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
    I am 100% sure. It will pair and then lose connection. Luckily this is the case with MANY othr bluetooth car phones from reading posts here meaning some sort of patch will need to become available.

If ANYONE can get the 650 paired with the Acura 04 Tl and have it stay there ( I dont think the battery and signal meters are at all possible but Id take a working phone right now) Please let me know

Mike
    I have a 2004 TL and the 650. I had problems making the pairing until I downloaded the patch from PalmOne. http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...x.html#release

It works perfectly now.
    I was guitly of starting a thread as well Here

and I updated it with detaile dsteps for success.

moderator -could you please update the title of my thread referenced above to indicate success? I updated the title when I edited the first post but for some reason the thread title does not reflfect it in the forum display. Having the SUCCESS in the title may help thers find it and avoid more threads