Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkAce
    hey Bob-C- Eagles lost 27-3...told ya. There goes their perfect season...

To quote the Dude, again:
    "I hate the Eagles, man"
    What can I say? Props to the Steelers. Oh well.. nobody's perfect and it's a long road to the SuperBowl anyway. If anyone had offered me a 7-1 record at this point before the season I would've taken it. And besides, if the Eagles had gone into the NFC Championship game 17-0, it surely would've jinxed them into a choke. Best they get the farts out now and save the fine stuff for the playoffs. The Birds will just have to take it out on their girlfriends in Dallas this Monday night! I can't wait to hear Parcells after this one.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    But we're not talking about successful upgrades. We're talking about things that you can look back and say - "What the heck were they thinking when they dumped money into that product?!? Did they really think that was going to catch on?"

Another example is Adam for Colecovision! I actually know one person who bought that thing. I still mention that to him.

I had about 9 of them, damn things never worked and always needed replacement...lol....

How about the IBM PC Jr. Remember that?
    Hey Bob, your Eagles looked pretty good last night on MNF...they look like they may be Superbowl bound.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklaw89
    I had about 9 of them, damn things never worked and always needed replacement...lol....

How about the IBM PC Jr. Remember that?
    I still have one boxed up in mom's basement. It was actually a better value than the PC with it's improved graphics and such. The only thing that hindered it was that it was deemed unprofitable at the time. Still I had used it up to the 1990 (I think) when other people started getting 486s and I could do all my programming for school as well as word processing.
  5.    #105  
    The Eagles did look pretty good on MNF but it was only against the Cowboys so I can't take too much from it. TO and McNabb had me laughing the whole night though with their antics. They should have a most entertaining player of the year award on the ESPY's.

I vaguely remember that IBM PC Jr. Didn't that thing have trouble running games due to either memory or processor constraints?

BTW, did anyone mention the XFL??? My bro still has a football. They were pretty cool. That league had a lot of cool gimmicks that I'd like to see in the NFL. Too bad the actual football games were uninteresting.
    Wow, the XFL, good one Bob...yeah, the best gimmick: Cheerleaders were encouraged to date players...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Vectrex (still have it!)

Come to think of it, still have an Amiga 500, too...

Willing to sell (Vectrex)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Apologist
    Willing to sell (Vectrex)?
    Funny you should ask!...I was working out the other day (Thanksgiving Weekend, ya know - gotta get rid of SOME of the guilt!) across from the shelf holding the Vectrex thinking "I wonder if I should try to sell that thing" (been sitting there on the same shelf about 14 years - in pristine condition).

Decided "Nah! Think I'll hold onto it awhile longer!".

I have numerous cartridges plus somewhere fairly complete docs on cartridge formatting, etc. Might even have a design for a PC Board (that's "Printed Circuit", not "Personal Computer" Board!) to mimic a cartidge (I forget the details but the PC card may have been designed to hook up with an Apple or something "on the other side").

But, no, not gonna part with it yet!
    Funny you should ask!...I was working out the other day (Thanksgiving Weekend, ya know - gotta get rid of SOME of the guilt!) across from the shelf holding the Vectrex thinking "I wonder if I should try to sell that thing" (been sitting there on the same shelf about 14 years - in pristine condition).

Decided "Nah! Think I'll hold onto it awhile longer!".

I have numerous cartridges plus somewhere fairly complete docs on cartridge formatting, etc. Might even have a design for a PC Board (that's "Printed Circuit", not "Personal Computer" Board!) to mimic a cartidge (I forget the details but the PC card may have been designed to hook up with an Apple or something "on the other side").

But, no, not gonna part with it yet!

I tried to PM you my email address, but you're not set up to receive messages. Let me know if you ever change your mind!

(email one of your addresses that I can send my address to)
    I am (semi)anonymous and do not do PM (*)...nor email.

However, should I ever decide to sell it I will remember Treocentral - should it still exist!

======
    (*) I've also never used PMing with anyone including folks who know me! Nor "chat" for that matter - ever! Prefer the BBS-style....
    I am (semi)anonymous and do not do PM (*)...nor email.

However, should I ever decide to sell it I will remember Treocentral - should it still exist!

======
    (*) I've also never used PMing with anyone including folks who know me! Nor "chat" for that matter - ever! Prefer the BBS-style....
    The PM I meant is the Treocentral email system. I also have never used IM. I doubt I'll be sticking around here very long, so that's why I wanted to give you my real contact address for future refrence in case you decide to sell later on.

If you have a junkmail account, I could email that. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
  12.    #112  
    Perhaps the two of you will meet again in another life!
    Can't agree about the Photo iPod. I just brought mine to the family Thanksgiving dinner, and used it to show over 500 pictures from my recent vacation on their large-screen TV set to the whole gathering. I could never have bored so many people so thoruoughly with older technologies.
    Amiga 500
    Sinclair Spectrum (upgrade of the Sinclair zx-81)
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456