Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Sliced Peanutbutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    All very true - a shame we haven't progressed much since the late 80's.

Even the short-lived Atari ST 5xx series was ahead of the power curve. I guess being "first" or "best" doesn't always equate to success.
    okay, i'm way late, but just wanted to let you know that the amiga was originally developed by atari, and was going to be released as an atari. for some reason (which i forget) the r&d and project was sold to commodore and then atari came out with the competing (though not quite as powerful) ST line (520 and 1040).

i know this because i was and am a proud owner of an atari 130xe. still works, can still open up my homepak documents and run hacker from the disk drive!

raz .::. http://wfnk.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    panasonic 3DO
    NEC Turbo-Graphx was a device way ahead of its time
    apple newton
    nintendo virtual boy *the eyesore machine*
    I still have my NEC TurboGraphx. That thing is amazing. I would still play it today if I can find games for it. I even had the TV/radio tuner attachment. Bonk was such a fun game to play. Way ahead of its time.

Apple Newton is awesome as well. People are still hacking and using them today. Some fervent fans even got WiFi to work on certain models. My friend still uses his. He loves it. Says Palm, and PPC haven't come up with anything to make him get rid of his Newton. To a certain degree, I have to agree with him.

Let me add:

BeOS - Amazing Operating System. bought by Palm a few years ago.
    Hopefully incorporated into PalmOS 6/7
    Ok, ok I have the ULTIMATE worst upgrade EVER! ready?

$5 Starbucks coffee.

Was I asleep, when, overnight everyone just accepted the fact that $5 for a cup 'o jo was OK? I don't care if Juan Valdez picked the beans with his arse and carried them on his back all the way to the store...how do they justify this? and everyone just accepts this as Starbucks takes over the world!
    I do not drink coffee. But if they are too expensive then do not buy their coffee. I don't see why anyone would pay over one buck for a cup of coffee.
    horseless carriages
    I was large and in charge!
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    horseless carriages
    Don't jump to conclusions. I have a feeling these might still catch on.
    mmm....Strawberry Quick!
    Form ALWAYS follows function ...umm...except in this sentence...
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer
    mmm....Strawberry Quick!
    Heheh...it's Quik...don't ask me how I know that....

Ghostbusters 2, the first one was a LOT better.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    "Joey"
    Windows 3.1
    Windows 95
    Windows 98
    Windows ME
    Windows 2000
    Windows XP
    Longhorn!!
    John Kerry ?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I do not drink coffee. But if they are too expensive then do not buy their coffee. I don't see why anyone would pay over one buck for a cup of coffee.

To buy or not buy, is not the question....$5 bucks for a cup of coffee constitutes a big shark jump. 'nuff said.
  15.    #95  
    I hear what you're saying about the $5 coffee and agree but at the same time.... I've ALWAYS hated coffee. Whatever brand I'd try. Until I tried Starbucks and well, you have to admit, that stuff IS pretty darn good. Much better than regular coffee. In fact, they shouldn't even classify Starbucks as coffee because it just tastes soooooo much better.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  16.    #96  
    MacOS X..... Like ANYONE still owns a Macintosh.
  17.    #97  
    The Yankees signing of A-ROD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I hear what you're saying about the $5 coffee and agree but at the same time.... I've ALWAYS hated coffee. Whatever brand I'd try. Until I tried Starbucks and well, you have to admit, that stuff IS pretty darn good. Much better than regular coffee. In fact, they shouldn't even classify Starbucks as coffee because it just tastes soooooo much better.
    Starbucks does not sell coffee, they sell milk.
    The Eagles....after the Steelers shut them out this Sunday....
    hey Bob-C- Eagles lost 27-3...told ya. There goes their perfect season...

To quote the Dude, again:
    "I hate the Eagles, man"
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast