Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have the ULTIMATE equivilent!!

Ready?

Final Fantasy - The Movie

Lemme explain:

Some people liked it -- Same situation here.

Adapting and refining technoology to create a "neat" product -- Same here, screen, processor, and Bluetooth making the T600 "neater".

AND, it backrupted the damn company because it wasnt "neat" enough. -- hmmm...
    Gameboy SP
    Van Halen with Sammy Hagar

Mid-1980's Dodge Charger

Pepsi Clear

2004 Pontiac GTO
    Viox
    In the 80's talking toys category:

Teddy Ruxpin
    Talking Pee Wee Herman Doll
    speak 'n spell
    Pontiac LeMans......The old ones were bad ace. The ones they came out in the late 80's? POS!!!!!
  7.    #67  
    Jar Jar Binks!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Max Headroom!
    Max Headroom was the coolest and he will be back...

He wasn't the sequel to anything; he was the original!!!

Max... we miss you...

TRS-80 Model III now that was a flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    But we're not talking about successful upgrades. We're talking about things that you can look back and say - "What the heck were they thinking when they dumped money into that product?!? Did they really think that was going to catch on?"

Another example is Adam for Colecovision! I actually know one person who bought that thing. I still mention that to him.

Hey! I had Colecovision, and it was pretty cool (although shortlived) Zaxxon ruled!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Van Halen with Sammy Hagar

Mid-1980's Dodge Charger

Pepsi Clear

2004 Pontiac GTO

Uh oh....I had an '85 Charger. Looked cool, ran like crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Jar Jar Binks!!!
    How about the Prequels period. (Why limit the failure to just Jar Jar Binks?)
    Last edited by Boobookins; 10/27/2004 at 08:51 PM.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    the Mustang II? .........................pleaaaaase, the ultimate car upgrade flop!
    oh yeah, and yo mamma's panties!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    Ashly Simpson?

OMG END THE THREAD THAT IS PERFECT LOL !!!!!!

-b
    What was that video system that was better and smaller than VHS (when VHS was new) but had bad marketing and died?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    What was that video system that was better and smaller than VHS (when VHS was new) but had bad marketing and died?
    Beta(Max)
    ^^but i believe betamax is still in use in tv studios because of its superior quality than the vhs...
    i think
    correct me if i'm wrong
    Same technology (and company) different format. Betamax was the consumer format, superior to VHS but that died as a result of the company not sharing the technology (wanted exlusive rights and royalties for the technology). Great lesson to learn here, VHS was smart and made the technology open to everyone to use. End result, the VHS was inferior technology but more prevelant and readily available to the average consumer.(I can think of a whole bunch 'o times this has happened in technological history) Beta has stayed in with professional television production, even breaking some ground in the digital format (Digi-Beta) and non-linear data aquisition formats, which are quite popular with news gathering agencies needing a quick and reliable source for editing "on the fly".

(By the way I think this thread has jumped the shark...)
    As a proud owner of a betamax vcr....

I think there was one other major gotcha with betamax - it wore out tapes faster, something video rental stores did not like.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast