Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    My Treo started to lose the vision connection randomly. I would use one of the chat programs, or surfing and the data connection would go away (meaning the two bars next to the signal meter were green, then not green, then went away completely).

During this disconnect, the treo will not respond to ANYTHING. I have to wait until it's done with whatever it's doing.

If I try to reconnect, it will sometimes work and sometimes go through a process of connecting, then a cancelling message, then it may try this again and then it gives up.

I'm testing it a little today but it seems when the power is plugged into it, it keeps the connection. When i take it out, it goes away within a minute.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Anyone else have this happen? I just called sprint to see if they could do anything. They gave me the newest PRL, but it still disconnects and will drop calls randomly. Phone will freeze for a few seconds while this happens.

I even tried the battery disconnect reset (hold K and backspace while resetting)... and also tried to let the battery run down to nothing to see if that would fix it.

It seems to be a battery problem, since it works fine when it's plugged in.

They told me to bring it to a Sprint store. What happens when it's past it's warranty date? Mine says 10/05/03 as the warranty date (when I do ##786 and dial).
    Unfortunately, that sounds like the start of the "network search" problem that I and others encountered. The key sign is that it worked fine when it was plugged in. As far as I know, there is no way around that except to have the phone or the battery replaced.