1. gcs
    Hi,

Anyone who has used the 650, can you answer the following questions?

- In the screenshots of Blazer 4.0, space is taken up on the screen by an address field and "GO" button. Can this be turned off?
    - How does keyguard work, are we now forced to use OPT + Power to activate it, or if holding down Power still activates it, then how do we turn wireless mode on and off?

Thanks,
    George
    Is the NDA still in affect?
    wireless mode on/off i believe you could do that by holding down the red button *the one on the right* a few seconds...

other than that, am not too sure
  4. gcs
    Hi,

I wouldn't think so, given that it's been announced!

George
  5. gcs
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    wireless mode on/off i believe you could do that by holding down the red button *the one on the right* a few seconds
    Hi,

On my Sprint Treo 600, holding down the "screen" power button (to the right of the messaging button) activates keyguard. What does holding the "red" power button on the 650 do?

Thanks,
    George
    Quote Originally Posted by gcs
    Hi,

On my Sprint Treo 600, holding down the "screen" power button (to the right of the messaging button) activates keyguard. What does holding the "red" power button on the 650 do?

Thanks,
    George
    turning off the wireless mode?
    cause the power button on the top of the treo 600 *the one beside the ring/vibrate switch* is not there anymore
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s.../photos/04.jpg

and now i believe the red button is the power/end button
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s.../photos/03.jpg
  7. gcs
    turning off the wireless mode?
    cause the power button on the top of the treo 600 *the one beside the ring/vibrate switch* is not there anymore
    Exactly, that's why I'm asking. Before, you would hold down the top power button (beside the ring/vibrate switch) to turn wireless mode on/off (for airplane use).

and now i believe the red button is the power/end button
    And the power button on the 600 (where the red button is now) held down would trigger keyguard.

So, what happens when you hold down the red button? Keyguard? Wireless Mode On/Off?

Thanks,
    George
    if you hold down the red button, it will either power up the device as a wireless device or power it down
    On the 600, a quick touch of the power button (on top) also turns the display on and off. What button will do that on the 650? That was a good feature.

Andrew
  10. gcs
    Hi,

I downloaded the 650 simulator, and you can turn off the address bar in Blazer (saving the screen space). You now have either large or small font choices, so we'll be able to see more on the screen than the 600 does.

Looks like OPT + Power will turn keyguard on, wish they had put a clock on the keyguard dialog, that would have been nice since we'll probably loose the ability to put ClockPop5 on the power key now...

George