Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Get unlimited access and stop with the wifi nonsense. Its a phone not a rocket ship...

Love it for the things it has not the things it is missing.

Just think, if P1 put EVERY feature into this new model, what would they have to sell us in another six months???

AH, it makes more sense now doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JawsNJ
    Get unlimited access and stop with the wifi nonsense. Its a phone not a rocket ship...

Just think, if P1 put EVERY feature into this new model, what would they have to sell us in another six months???

ROTFLMAO. I can see it now:

June 1, 2005 Treo 655 - 650 plus 64mb RAM
    December 1, 2005 Treo 660 - 655 plus 1.3 mpx camera
    November 1, 2006 Treo 666 - 660 plus WiFi to Satan
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Hey

I don't kow about the New Jersey, but here in Euroland just _one_ hour's worth of wi-fi VOIP will easily save me USD 80 and up - way up - compared to international roaming charges on cell phone networks . Take a look at any map - international roaming is a pretty big issue outside the US.

By nature PDA's turned smartphones are the natural platform for wi-fi VOIP.

If PalmOne doesn't support wi-fi it won't be on the PalmOS platform - maybe an illustration of a weakness in the PalmSource/PalmOne split? This is one opening in the market PalmX should not miss.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Sk...onth?site=Palm
    If you don't want a phone that helps you do more business better and faster than maybe it suits you, but there are alot of people out here that are tired of carrying more than one device. PPC devices seem to be offering more and if they want to continue to lead the us market they better get stay up with the Jones'
    lol

hey - i seem to remember a dilbert comic strip where he makes some widget, but marketing comes back and asks him to design one w/ half the capabilities so that they can market an "upgrade" in a year.

hmmmm - sound strangely familiar?
    I might have agreed with the orignal poster, until I got my pda2k. Its amazing how many hotspots there are. Its VERY conveniant. Especially for large file attachments. With wide screen, you can really view websites (non-wap, the full deal). Its so very good. I am now a believer that Wifi is essential.
    Exactly.

WiFi YES

Bluetooth NO
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vike
    I don't kow about the New Jersey, but here in Euroland just _one_ hour's worth of wi-fi VOIP will easily save me USD 80 and up - way up - compared to international roaming charges on cell phone networks . Take a look at any map - international roaming is a pretty big issue outside the US.
    Exactly! So why in the world would Sprint or any other carrier want you to use VOIP instead of their airtime? It's not in their best interest to want Wi-Fi in a cell phone. Just like they don't want to support a Bluetooth profile for using your phone as a wireless modem.

Remember, it's not always about what the consumer wants :-)
    According to this article that just came out, maybe it will be available on the 650 at a later stage (no guarantees)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60351
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I want to use Pocket Tunes to stream audio at a resonable rate... With GPRS Try to stream anything over 24b and the cache stops the audio... With WiFi I'll have the bandwidth to do so...
    we want wifi becase it makes our life easier and faster. period.
    if we have a choice between two device we will opt for the most bang for our bucks.
    the only reason we complain is because we LOVE the form factor. But as the PPCs get closer to gerting it right our love becomes like.
    Now since we have to get all new accessories and update apps P1 may be losing cust over this minor and major issue.
    As far as waiting for a new beta wifi card.. why? since there are other option where it is buiilt in.
    So what does T650 have... form factor. and that's it.
    Oh let not forget the best forum avail with TC
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    I agree that the wi-fi furor is a whole bunch of beeyotching over nothing. This isn't a PDA - it's a smartphone with WIDE area connectivity. Different paradigm. Just had toss in my comments here. Flame on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Exactly.

WiFi YES

Bluetooth NO
    You mean "toothing" isn't huge down under, like it is in Europe?
    Well sorry to say I had to go with a better line than the 650. The Imate PDA2K was a much better product by far than the 650. Yes it is bigger in all aspects and more $, but then again you get what you pay for. Wifi is a big if for some people just not me it is a must, with broadband at home, work and most pleases I go and as somone already said VOIP is a big plus expecially if it is free for world wide calling. One plus to the PDA2K over the 650 is it is non carrier branded. Can be used with any GSM provider worldwide with out the 2 years contract to save a $100, not to mention IMO Windows MObile 2003 SE PE is far superior to POS in every aspect, but as I just said matter of opinion. Sorry but I have a hard time paying that much money for a converged device where a carrier is gonna dictate to me,"The Customer", what features they are gonna offer on my device and I can only use it with them. I had my 600 for a long time then went to Ipaq h6315, what a pos that thing is. Nice device, bad features, and poor design. Then to the XDA II. Big difference, great device. Best of all the PDA2K / XDA III / MDAIII. All the above features plus lots more. By the way EVDO supported CDMA model expandsys.com UNLOCKED FOR SALE. Or in other words known as the "Daxian PPC6600" everyone is waiting for on Sprint. And yes it does support EVDO, Don't know about the model you will be able to get from Sprint but this one has it.
    SPCS / RL-7300 -> VM-4500 -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600 -> TREO 650??
    Is anyone actually using VOIP on a WiFi connected device? I have a 3MB cable internet connection at home and I can't stand the delay and quality of VOIP. I was using PC Phone. If Palm writes those drivers how would people use VOIP on a device like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Is anyone actually using VOIP on a WiFi connected device? I have a 3MB cable internet connection at home and I can't stand the delay and quality of VOIP. I was using PC Phone. If Palm writes those drivers how would people use VOIP on a device like this?
    are you using skype?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    are you using skype?
    I'm using a company called IConnectHere
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I'm using a company called IConnectHere
    Thats why.

Any of the following will result in good results. (Packet8, DialPad.com, Vonange, Etc..)
    i wonder whether this product is another vaporware
    can't find any other info from their website
    http://www.pitech.com/

http://www.palmsource.com/img/device...bs_qda_700.jpg

The Qool QDA-700 smartphone comes with rich multimedia features including a 1.3-megapixel camera, a high-resolution, 2.8-inch color display, 802.11 SDIO support, MP3 player and MEPG4 video capture and playback capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by JawsNJ

I have Unlimited Data and I have a Tungsten C with Built in WiFi, and there is NO COMPARISON. The TC with WiFi is soooooo much faster than Sprint's data. I hardly use it anymore. The Treo line needs a WiFi unit.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast