1.    #1  
    Now that we know the 650 comes with ActiveSync (for direct connection to Microsoft Exchange without a redirector or enterprise server), how likely is it that this software will be available for the 600 also? And, how difficult is it to deploy on the Exchange side?
    It will not be available for the 600.
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s...esync-faqs.epl
    on the server side the software either requires exchange 2000 with mobile information server or exchange 2003 with outlook mobile access or whatever it's called turned on...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the page at palmone, KR. Good information, but it's a little disappointing that it has less functionality than the 3rd-party solutions, e.g. no wireless sync of tasks, contacts, and no access to folders other than Inbox. Kenundrum, it looks like it won't actually work with E2K, only with E2003, at least according to the published spec. That, plus finding a way to get through our particular VPN may prove to be a real challenge.
    very dissapointing to here this wont be reverse engineered, I've been using OMA to get access to my SBS 2003 exchange server.

will be interesting to see if someone deliveres a reverse engineer solution to make this happen.

Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    That, plus finding a way to get through our particular VPN may prove to be a real challenge.
    Mobile ActiveSync is an HTTP-based protocol and can be run over SSL, just like OWA itself.