1.    #1  
    Anyone know any GOOD headsets for the T600? I need something louder and clearer than the stock one. And if it fits on my ear better, so much the better.
    Unleash by Reason Products (wireless), Jabra BT200 (wireless), Etymotic 22a - Rev2 (I think that is the one), Shure makes some decent ones.
  3.    #3  
    Doesn't look bad...but I'm not necessarily looking for anything wireless. Although it IS tempting...

teh BT200 definitely works with the 600?
    yes the Jabra piece does work with the Treo but for it to work most effectively you need to have CallFilter . . . sorry.
    I forgot one other good, but expensive headset - The Boom.
    Jabra Proboom $50 (great noise cancellation and includes small batteries for amplification!)
    Plantronics MX150 $30 (awesome noise cancellation and clear sound)

I use both, but if I were just buying one, I would go with the Plantronics.
    I've experimented with lots of headsets, since I do lots of consulting work over the phone.

The best by far, is the one made by Shure, the professional microphone company. It's the QuietSpot QSH-3, around $20 on ebay, over 2x as much retail. It incorporates a flexible boom mike close to the mouth, which has been the best I've come across so far. Goes on/off with ease, and the ear clip is rubber.

Very very clear, has just the right amount of noise cancellation without clipping, sounds warm, and the earpiece sounds great. Made very well, and is a professional piece of work, unlike the toyish cheap stuff out there.

More info here:
    http://www.shure.com/quietspot/qsh-3.asp
    Last edited by fugu; 10/26/2004 at 01:27 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    Jabra Proboom $50 (great noise cancellation and includes small batteries for amplification!)
    Plantronics MX150 $30 (awesome noise cancellation and clear sound)

I use both, but if I were just buying one, I would go with the Plantronics.
    Noise cancellation, eh?

Found them on ebay here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...727517099&rd=1

nice and cheap. I emailed the seller with questions...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fugu
    I've experimented with lots of headsets, since I do lots of consulting work over the phone.

The best by far, is the one made by Shure, the professional microphone company. It's the QuietSpot QSH-3, around $20 on ebay, over 2x as much retail. It incorporates a flexible boom mike close to the mouth, which has been the best I've come across so far. Goes on/off with ease, and the ear clip is rubber.

Very very clear, has just the right amount of noise cancellation without clipping, sounds warm, and the earpiece sounds great. Made very well, and is a professional piece of work, unlike the toyish cheap stuff out there.

More info here:
    http://www.shure.com/quietspot/qsh-3.asp

Very cool. Is it better than the 150?
    I tried one of these Jabra ProBoom's also. Not bad, but the boom was too short, and the positioning of the mic still made it pick up too much ambient sounds around. When I would lower my voice too much, it would clip out due to the noise cancellation.

The Shure QuietSpot's boom mic is alot closer to the mouth, and doesn't pick up ambient sounds, though it is a little more aethetically obtrusive with it's thin boom across my cheek... no biggie since I use it in the car.

For a more discreet headset, I use a retractable (easier to keep in my pocket) headset from Verizon, (Plantronics MX350VR), which has worked great since it has a mic bud dangling below the earpiece. You'll find info/pic here at VZW's site:
    Verizon Accessories
    Oh BTW, I tried quite a few of Jabra's and Plantronics headsets, various models over this year. I've found that the Plantronic's headsets sounded better (both mic and earpiece) than the Jabra's.

I was turned onto the Shure headset by a buddy, and it was significantly better than both of the above.

Nope, I don't have anything to do with Shure, just a fanatic when it comes to audio stuff and wanting to sound like a landline when talking to my corporate customers. Having road noise and speaking up loudly with a headset/mobile phone(Treo 600) is a big no-no for teleconferences and various important professional calls.
    I just got the Jabra BT200 on ebay and it works sweet. Folks tell me it sounds better than the built in microphone. I don't have Callfilter yet but it isn't that hard to use it without it (in fact, I couldn't get their patch to work anyway).

And I drive in a convertible so its noisy to begin with.
  13.    #13  
    How does the battery setup work with these things?
    Hey, check this new headset out. The audio samples on the site are really impressive. It's the most expensive one ($150) I've come across, but look very promising.

Check it out at: www.jawbone.com
  15.    #15  
    Could make a good xmas gift.
    I just bought the Jawbone! It rocks. Their demo is no joke. Way better than the H700 I've had!