View Poll Results: Are You Still Buying Treo 650?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I changed my mind.

69 23.47%
  • Maybe

81 27.55%
  • Yes, I am.

144 48.98%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just want to take a poll to see how many people are still buying the Treo 650 vs how many people have already changed his/her mind.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I'm buying, as soon as PalmOne sells the unlocked GSM version.
    me too - unlocked version.
    Since I'm still on my Treo 300, I'll be upgrading.
    This will be my first smart phone, and PDA for that matter, but I will probably wait until Dec or Jan and make it a Christmas/birthday gift for myself. I agree that for previous treo 600 users this may be a let down but as my first smartphone its almost perfect.
  6.    #6  
    Very interesting results so far.

I don't know about everyone's expectations, but the only surprise that hit me today was the VGA camera. The rest of the specs coincide with all the rumors flying around.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Treo 90 + Nokia 7160 = Treo 650
    No Wi-Fi support on SDIO slot, no buy.
    i will be unlocked version
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I will not be buying one because I'm disappointed with the specs, but because I've spend $1000 on Treo's already... $600 for the 300, $400 for the 600 and have had a total of 9 Treo's used and new through the life of the 2 models.

I had 5 Treo 300's, and was on my way to the 6th when the 600 was released. Sprint REFUSED to upgrade me to the new model so I gave in and purchased it. I'm already on my 4th 600, 2 had the Signal drop issue, and the 3rd the speaker died. I'm not with a refurb that's in the middle of the units with the signal drop issue and it's started to happen already. My 2nd unit started doing it the day after I got it, by the end of the week I could not even place a phone call while it was plugged in.

So, I say... Why would I purchase the 3rd iteration of this device? Because 3rd times a charm? Don't think so! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! I will not be purchasing a Treo 650 for that reason along.

Now before anyone says I mishandle my Treo, I've never been denied a swap because of water damage, scratches or any other obvious abuse. it always fails diagnostics. In fact, on of my Treo 300's I brought in to Sprint the week I got it in the mail just for fun and had them run diagnostics. It failed! Surprised? I was not! I keep my phone in a leather holster on my belt and have never abused it. Perhaps I've been unlucky, but it's to much to bother with a new one!

The only way I'll have a Treo 650 is if Sprint gives me one and I doubt that will happen but when I take #4 in for failure, I will not be getting #5! I am saddened by this because I love my Treo! It's an awesome device that has some hardware issues that make it not work the $600 purchase price to me.

Best of luck to those that spend the money on it!
    Absolutmonde. I wanted hi rez and BT laptop tethering. The camera's VGA spec sucks, but if the image quality is similar to the Zire 71 or my Clié TJ37, I can live with it.
    Ditto. Unlocked GSM.
    im buying it, it'll be my first phone in about 2 years. was going to buy 600 but heard about this and decided it was worth the wait. still not disappointed. if you not happy with the camera then buy a digi cam, and a pda, then a cell phone and quit your whinning. its at a reasonable price and well worth every penny
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i had thought i would be buying the 650 to upgrade from my 600, but i realized that i just wasn't using the 600 to its full potential and there were some things about it that were annoying me (screen resolution, lack of bluetooth, poor camera, ease of navigation, and other things). i know that many of these things are being addressed in the 650, but i decided to switch to another platform entirely (a nokia 6620 using the symbian OS). so far, the nokia works perfectly for me and i don't miss the treo at all. but i will be keeping my eye on palmone if i do decide to go back to the palm platform eventually.
    50% discount for attending the upcoming Long Beach Roadshow + selling my 600 on Ebay for at least $300 = Free Treo650...why not go for it?
    After a lot of acrimony about GSM(GPRS), and the former virtues of CDMA 1xRTT, I have seen the light of GSM(EDGE) in the T-650 and that's the way I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Just want to take a poll to see how many people are still buying the Treo 650 vs how many people have already changed his/her mind.
    Wanted more...
    more mem
    more wifi
    more camera
    more.
    And more came but not enough more. I'll wait for now and think about it. I'm still on my T300 and it works great. It has a bad pixal line and the lid broke (I repaired it, if I used my ins. I would lose my ins. and thought that the risk would be too much if I upped to the 650). Not sure if I should droop the insureance or get the 650...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Hopefully- selling my 600 on ebay=$300 + $200 upgrade from palm= $100 650 )
    I won't hold my breath.
  19. gcs
    Hi,

If I can find the $$$ I'll be getting one! Why?

Because they gave us everything we complained about last time!!!!

- Hi-Res screen (here I come XCade & NesEm)
    - Bluetooth
    - Removable battery

Now, I know some people will say Bluetooth is crippled, but that wasn't Palm, that was Sprint needing to protect it's Vision PCCard product. Sprint already has the most reasonable data plan (I pay $15 a month for unlimited data + unlimited SMS), so I'm not complaining. If I want wireless internet access nearly everywhere with my laptop, I'll go find a Starbucks and use WiFi, after all, aren't they on every corner?

George
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    50% discount for attending the upcoming Long Beach Roadshow + selling my 600 on Ebay for at least $300 = Free Treo650...why not go for it?
    Woh! Tell me about this Long Beach Roadshow (or has it passed already)?

I found myself being an early adopter of the 600 due to the tremendous discount HS offered us to upgrade from the T300. Since I got stuck with a network search phone, I keep getting refurbished phones in that same serial pool that have this issue and am now on my third Treo. Since there is no financial incentive to upgrade immediately, I think I'll be waiting a few months until production kinks are ironed out, and perhaps even some discounts appear one way or another. Furthermore, there is always the chance that if I keep complaining of the same problem to Sprint's executive services they'll upgrade me to a refurb'd Treo 650 to get me to shut up. It must be costing them something to keep giving me refurbished 600s.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast