Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo 600 Users,

The Bluetrek G2 Bluetooth Headset with Treo 600 non-Bluetooth adapter is now available for purchase here at TreoCentral.com.

The Bluetrek G2 offers the Treo 600 user a wireless Bluetooth connection designed specifically for the Treo 600. Once in use the user can answer and hang up calls directly from the Headset.

The item is offered at blow out pricing; $79.95. There is a limited number of units available for the US market, so please take advantage while you can.

You will find that headsets of lesser performance are often priced higher than the G2.Treo600, so you’re essentially getting the adapter for free.

And even better, if you’re considering an upgrade to the 650 at some point, you’re covered. Simply set aside the adapter and pair the G2 directly with the 650, it's that simple.

For pictures and specifications, please use the attached link to access the TreoCentral store and learn more about the G2.Treo600:

G2.Treo600 - Bluetrek G2 with Treo 600 Adapter

Thanks - Bluetrek
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have the jabra bt200 bluetooth headset for non-bluetooth phones (with adapter of course).
    has anyone tried both to compare ? I have the Bt200 also but the battery SUCKS!!! the Bluetooth adapter runs out of battery after about 2 hrs standby and within that time frame only used for a few phone calls. I have tried 3 of them and all of them gave me the same battery life.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Bluetrek,

Sounds great! Will this headset work on a desk phone? Could I use it at my desk, then take it on the road?
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
  5.    #5  
    I'll try and answer a few different topics in one reply:

ADAPTER – BATTERY LIFE / FUNCTIONALITY

On the battery life issue, yes the adapters do not have the same battery capabilities of the headset, but much of this is caused by the inability of the adapter to determine when it should be in active mode vs. passive, thus limiting battery drain. With a Bluetooth headset to Bluetooth phone connection, there are protocols in place on each end, this is the Bluetooth standard as governed by the SIG. By having a set of standards (code) in place, devices manufactured by various companies can work together seamlessly. On the other hand the Bluetooth adapter is working with multiple phones from multiple manufacturers and has to try and interpret a number of variables to determine functionality. This is why things such as being able to answer a call from the headset when using an adapter, may or may not work, not necessarily because of the adapter but rather the “signals” sent.

While I can’t speak for the other adapters on the market, of which there are very few because of the aforementioned issues, the Bluetrek adapter when used with the Treo can determine active vs. passive, and does so by the “screen”. When the screen is on the adapter is active, when you finish a call and shut the screen off the adapter moves into passive mode. While it battery life hasn’t been specifically tested for the Treo 600, you should see better results than you have now, as the drain is managed better. Plus the headset is 12.5 grams vs. like 27 grams.

Due to the ability to actively distinguish between active and passive modes, the G2.Treo600 sku allows the user to answer and hang up calls from the headset. So when your 600 rings, the screen naturally comes on, sending the adapter into active mode, you then can answer directly from the phone. Therefore, in example, if you’re in your car and your 600 is in your glove box, you can answer the call from your headset. You can then end the call as well, but the adapter will only go into passive mode once the screen shuts off.

DESK PHONE

We do not recommend for use with a desk phone, however this can be accomplished in some case, but it is rather difficult. If you like I can get into this in greater detail. Please remember the Treo 600 sku is specially designed to work with the Treo 600, if the adapter was to even begin to work with a desk phone modifications to the internal settings of the adapter would be needed.

HOPE THIS HELPS - BLUETREK
    Um, your thread title is incredibly misleading.
  7.    #7  
    I apologize if it seems that way, I simply wanted to translate the fact that there is now a way for bluetooth to be used via an outside appilication designed with the Treo600 in mind.

We can all attest to the fact that the integration of Bluetooth into the 600 from a Palm supported addition is not coming, despite the attention it has received by 600 users. So for those users, like myself, that have wanted a Bluetooth option for the phoen aspect, it is here and available.

Again, apologies if you felt mislead.

-Bluetrek
    do you have a CAR charger available to charge both the headset/cradle or either one as a stand alone unit ?
    And has your product been tested with the new VoiceLauncher application ?

This would be a HUGE PLUS!!!

http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=jfmw
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetrek
    While I can’t speak for the other adapters on the market, of which there are very few because of the aforementioned issues, the Bluetrek adapter when used with the Treo can determine active vs. passive, and does so by the “screen”. When the screen is on the adapter is active, when you finish a call and shut the screen off the adapter moves into passive mode.
    How does it know the screen is on? Does it sense it electrically, or are you saying the "base" has to be mounted over the screen so that some light detector can tell if it's lit up?
    There are applications that many use to turn off the screen during a call to save battery life. Should I assume that the active/passive detection won't work correctly when forcing the screen off during a call?

Examples of applications that provide this ability are TreoGuard and Phone Technician.
    Anyone tried this? Feedback on the G2 as a headset in general?

Is there a car charger with it or for it?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Search on Bluetrek
    I like the idea of being able to add bluetooth to my Treo600, but I dislike the dongle (cube with a cord plugged into the headset jack).
    I wish this solution was packaged specifically for the Treo as an extended sleeve or as a form fitting extension to the bottom, something like the extended battery pack, but without the thick hump on the back.
    ( http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=15 )
    One could possibility of use the existing bottom connector for tapping into the battery instead of a dedicated AAA battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejay
    I like the idea of being able to add bluetooth to my Treo600, but I dislike the dongle (cube with a cord plugged into the headset jack).
    I wish this solution was packaged specifically for the Treo as an extended sleeve or as a form fitting extension to the bottom, something like the extended battery pack, but without the thick hump on the back.
    ( http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=15 )
    One could possibility of use the existing bottom connector for tapping into the battery instead of a dedicated AAA battery.
    Bluejay - not a bad idea if its technically feasible. After fine-tuning and stocking my T600 with dozens of software titles and getting everything setup just right, I'd much rather spend a little cash on this accessory versus upgrading to the T650 for hundreds more and be forced to re-up my SprintPCS contract for another year or two. I saw your post on this same idea in another thread and am interested in where this could go for an add-on module.
    NOTE: This does not add bluetooth to the Treo - it simply adds a wireless headset to the treo via a bluetooth connection. It is not compatible with bluetooth GPS, keyboards, dial-up internet etc. I know this goes without saying for most people on here - but no one has said it yet and I didn't want anyone to be mislead.
    pcsnpixels makes an excellent point, the Bluetrek G2 bluetooth solution is for hheadset connectivity only. So I harken back to the idea i posted above with a different spin, would it be possible to create a 600 "extension" providing full bluetooth connectivity by using the treo's bottom I/O connector?
    I would just like to hear from some people who have used it.

SPG
    The title of the thread is a bit misleading...

The headset is really sleek looking. However, I'm not willing to have the attachment hanging around to use a Bluetooth headset.

I guess some people might like it. Is there a review somewhere?
    James Hromadka of TreoCentral is working on a review, it should be up by the weekend.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast