1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any insider info on the manufacturer of the Treo 650, and if there is reason to believe that the 650 will be better build quality than the 600? I read in one of the other posts today someone talking about the 650 being built by a new manufacturer...anyone know if they have a reputation for building quality hardware?

Despite the throng of posts complaining about what Palm should have done, I am considering upgrading from 600>650.

If the quality of my 600 was good, I might consider waiting for next gen, and hope that a software upgrade will be available to allow the 600 to use MS Exchange Active Sync.

BUT, since I am on my 4th Treo 600 due to poor quality, and this one is now having speaker and phone signal problems...I need to considering upgrading. If I'm only trading one poorly built device for another, there doesn't seem to be much point...
    There are posts already showing up here that are discussing possible SOFTWARE problems with the Treo 650 and/or the OS on which it is based.

Hardware might not be a problem nearterm...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    you know someone who has messed with the 650 tell me this. has the actual PHONE been fixed a bit???

heres a $600 phone that to me has always sounded much crappier as a phone than any samsung phone i had before it. i wont even get into the lack of voice commands but how about a speaker that doesnt distort or a mic that doesnt make people yell at me to take it off the horrible echoing/screeching/distorting madness that is the treo 600 speakerphone.

oh and ive had 3 replacements so dont tell me it was just my unit!!!!

anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    Does anyone have any insider info on the manufacturer of the Treo 650, and if there is reason to believe that the 650 will be better build quality than the 600? I read in one of the other posts today someone talking about the 650 being built by a new manufacturer...anyone know if they have a reputation for building quality hardware?

Despite the throng of posts complaining about what Palm should have done, I am considering upgrading from 600>650.

If the quality of my 600 was good, I might consider waiting for next gen, and hope that a software upgrade will be available to allow the 600 to use MS Exchange Active Sync.

BUT, since I am on my 4th Treo 600 due to poor quality, and this one is now having speaker and phone signal problems...I need to considering upgrading. If I'm only trading one poorly built device for another, there doesn't seem to be much point...
    If HTC is manufactering it, they have a very good reputation, and the build quality should be excellent.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/459-1.htm