1.    #1  
    According to Colligan at the CTIA, the 650 is "launching today with Sprint" I know the press release said the first week in Nov, but has anyone been given a delivery date?
    I called a combination of telesales and my company's (IBM) dedicated support line. I tried several times, speaking to different representatives in order to weed out the ones who didn't know, but all seem to confirm mid-November for availability. Also, some representatives stated that the stores will have them before they are available online.
    i got the same responses for the last 2 weeks
    Sprints employees only get 15% off of products at FULL PRICE while customer get instant savings and rebates, so who's really getting screwed?
    I called my local SPCS store and they had already started a waiting list. I spoke to the inventory manager and she estimated they would get 3-4 in within the next couple of weeks. If I were you I'd call a local store and get on a list. I'm 2nd on the list, and I'll be upgrading from my Treo 300.
    As an example of why one should NEVER believe what Sprint store reps have to say:

I was at the Reston, Virginia Sprint store yesterday, picking up a new phone and adding a 3rd line to my account. Just in passing, I asked the rep (who seemed to be the most knowledgeable one in the store--all the other reps kept asking him for help) what he had heard about the Treo 650.

Remember, this was Sunday the 24th, one day beflore the official announcement. He told me "It's not the 650, it's the 610. And it probably won't be here until next quarter."

Sprint definitely has a well-informed sales force.

Bob
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    I called my local SPCS store and they had already started a waiting list. I spoke to the inventory manager and she estimated they would get 3-4 in within the next couple of weeks. If I were you I'd call a local store and get on a list. I'm 2nd on the list, and I'll be upgrading from my Treo 300.
    I would not count on that list. The list will be the first one in the door with $600.
    Thanks for the negativity guys. I'll let you know what happens.

By the way, I called the same store last week and they knew about the 650 and that it was coming out in the next few weeks. They said they would have to talk to the manager to see about starting a list. So today when I called, the inventory manager said that she would add me to the list. Might as well try all avenues...
    Not trying to be negative, just warning you. From personal experience.
    they said the phone wont be out till next month.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    they told me mid to end december just now
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    they told me mid to end december just now
    Did you get on the list?
    I just spoke with P1 and was told they wouldn't start shipping the 650 for another 3 weeks, and that the CDMA version was first. No word on when a GSM version would start shipping. (I've heard others mention Nov. 14 availability as the latest word from Sprint which seems to match a 3 week time-frame.) Engadget has a story confirming Sprint will be the first carrier. As a Canadian I'll probably still be waiting for the 650 to come to Canada when Treocentral is all a-buzz with rumours of the Treo 700 sporting a massive 48mb of RAM.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Yeah, but how much of that whopping 48mb of ram will be Bi-Lingual, huh?

Anybody have a clue what that means anyway??? LOL And why is there that one xenophobic 1mb of Ram that refuses to be bi-lingual?
  14.    #14  
    Called my local store, first guy says "650?", obviously new to him. Puts me on hold for 15 minutes (I'm not kidding, that's a LONG time to be on hold....good ole' Sprint customer service). Then someone else gets on, tells me there's no list, and before I can tell her not to put me on hold, she does......for another 10 minutes (how do these places stay in business?). I can't believe I acutally sat there on hold for so long. So, she gets back on the line and asks "Are you waiting to hear about the Treo?" I say "yes" and then she tells me they don't know when they are coming in and they aren't taking a list. There's 30 minutes of my life I won't get back.
    Went by my local Sprint store and the guy told me, we are aware that it has been released by P1 but quite honestly we haven't been told anything by corporate. He also stated that typically it will be available from the web site before the stores have it.

I'd tend not to be too enthusiastic until someone actually reports that a Sprint store or web site has one in their hands.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Went by my local Sprint store and the guy told me, we are aware that it has been released by P1 but quite honestly we haven't been told anything by corporate. He also stated that typically it will be available from the web site before the stores have it.

I'd tend not to be too enthusiastic until someone actually reports that a Sprint store or web site has one in their hands.
    That's funny someone else stated that the Sprint store would have it before you could get it on the Sprint Web site. Where's SV to straighten out all these rumors?
    I called and asked as to availbilty date or whether there is a list that I could be put on and the answer was... a ... no and a... no.
    oh did I mentioned they expecting to maybe have them maybe by the 3rd week of november not confirmed.