Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey,
    So this may be an off the wall question but do you think Sprint will make any deals on upgrading from a Treo 600 to a 650? Or would they just say "Nope" and make you buy it for $599.00 again? Or could you trade in your 600 to save like $400.00 off the price of a new one?
    I'm hoping they offer a discount to existing Treo 600 owners but I will not hold my breath :-)
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I'm expecting maybe $150-200 off with contract renewal.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi
    I'm expecting maybe $150-200 off with contract renewal.
    But that's only if you have your current phone (600) for 18 months, isn't it?
    I recieved a mailer last week from Sprint offering $75 of service credit for the 600. If I decide to upgrade, I would expect the $150-$200 off plus the $75...
    "I'm expecting maybe $150-200 off with contract renewal."
    No longer works. You don't get squat with contract renewal. Your only hope is to have had your phone for 18 months and get $150 equipment replacement rebate.
    I've been with Sprint for 6 years and recently had my contract expire, so I am month-to-month now. I've been getting offers left and right from Sprint asking me to sign a new contract, but I've been holding out assuming that I'll get a deal on a new phone if I sign a new contract... am I wasting my time?
    You should be entitled to a $150 off "rebate" if you sign a 2-year contract if you have had your current phone for 18 months. You also can get $75 off if you have had your phone for 12 months, but a lot of store reps and CSRs dont know about this rebate.

Also is the program for a credit for handing in your old phone on certain models. If you have a 600, much better to ebay it though.
    Funny, I've been with Sprint for 6 years and my contract for 3 lines expires tomorrow. Haven't heard a thing from them yet. I may be willing to wait 6 months so that I can get the equipment replacement rebate plus some kind of signing bonus. Maybe then I can afford T650's for the whole family!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    You should be entitled to a $150 off "rebate" if you sign a 2-year contract if you have had your current phone for 18 months. You also can get $75 off if you have had your phone for 12 months, but a lot of store reps and CSRs dont know about this rebate.

Also is the program for a credit for handing in your old phone on certain models. If you have a 600, much better to ebay it though.
    OK, i know about the $150, which is the upgrade program if you've had your phone for 18 months which I have (still have old treo 300), but what's the $75 for?

Can you explain more or please link for solid info on that?

Thanks much,
    Jeff

I bought a new Nokia over the summer before I looked into the Treo's (and the fact that a new one was coming out).. I was originally planning on just buying a seperate PDA, which explains why I bought the Nokia... so I don't qualify for any of those 18 month new phone plans. But I must be entitled to some sort of price break on this thing. I am willing to sign a lengthy contract for a price break, not otherwise though.

And scrinch, have you called in to customer service lately? I guarantee you that once you punch your number in your call will be picked up by the nicest customer service reps in the company and before you hang up they at least tell you about a special offer for you if you sign a new contract. About a month or 2 after your contract is up you should start getting calls from the retention department.
    The $75 deal for 12 months works like the $150 deal for 18 months. It's just that they don't advertise it and a lot of reps don't know about it. It is in their computers, however, you just need to get to somebody that can dig it out for you. I would suggest going to sprintpcsinfo.com and using the "red phone" numbers you can find there to get around claire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    I bought a new Nokia over the summer before I looked into the Treo's (and the fact that a new one was coming out).. I was originally planning on just buying a seperate PDA, which explains why I bought the Nokia... so I don't qualify for any of those 18 month new phone plans. But I must be entitled to some sort of price break on this thing. I am willing to sign a lengthy contract for a price break, not otherwise though.

And scrinch, have you called in to customer service lately? I guarantee you that once you punch your number in your call will be picked up by the nicest customer service reps in the company and before you hang up they at least tell you about a special offer for you if you sign a new contract. About a month or 2 after your contract is up you should start getting calls from the retention department.
    If you are on a month-to-month, here is and option. Cancel and then sign later as a new customer. Then you should get whatever new-customer rebate they have. May not want to do this if you have a really good plan that you might lose, but perhaps worth considering
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    Hey,
    So this may be an off the wall question but do you think Sprint will make any deals on upgrading from a Treo 600 to a 650? Or would they just say "Nope" and make you buy it for $599.00 again? Or could you trade in your 600 to save like $400.00 off the price of a new one?

more importantly, why do you want to stay with sprint when they've deliberately crippled your new phone (removed bluetooth functionality)?

link
    If you are on a month-to-month, here is and option. Cancel and then sign later as a new customer. Then you should get whatever new-customer rebate they have. May not want to do this if you have a really good plan that you might lose, but perhaps worth considering
    Don't you have to wait a specified period of time?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Personally, I would rather have a similar deal directly from PalmOne as they did when the Treo 600 came out...I saved like $200 by having a serial from a Treo 300 and on top of that got the discount from Sprint for signing a new contract...making the phone virtually a free exchange.
    Does anyone know if you have to buy the phone from sprint directly to get the $150 phone replacement rebate, or can I buy it from palm one for example
    Good question about waiting a specified period of time before being a new customer again. I don't know the answer and it may be different with a month-to-month person anyway. They are not under a contract so there is a good argument that, if there is a waiting period, it should go back to when the contract expired.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bliss322
    more importantly, why do you want to stay with sprint when they've deliberately crippled your new phone (removed bluetooth functionality)?

link
    You dont think that will be a "fix" for this soon after the 650's hit the street! The 600's didn't support PC connection out of the box. Thanks to aps like PDA net it is possible. I will bet money there will be a patch that will correct this!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    Hey,
    I think you should be upgraded for FREE being as how you've been a BETA tester for the 650 for the last year with the 600!!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast