1.    #1  
    I'm in pretty dire need of a PDA, and eventual need of a mobile, so the 650 seems like the best choice. However, without any idea of when it will be available, I'm out on a limb. What alternatives are there out there to look at? I'd like the screen to be 320x320 or larger and preferably have a keyboard, with a decent IMAP mail client available. Also, I have to be able to get it in unlocked GSM form.

Any suggestions? People seem to be plugging the i-mate PDA2K around here, but are there other possibilities, too?
    I wanted the same things in my new PDAphone, and guess what: The Treo 600/650 is your only option for all these criterion.

The next best choice is the Samsung i500, but you can't get it in GSM. No speakerphone on it, which was a dealbreaker for me.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Take a look and the home page for this site and your questions will be answered.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    There are other PDA phones coming, but not here yet. The imate Jam for one, the Motorola MPx for another. Nokia's so-called "Treo killer" is the 9300.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    There are other PDA phones coming, but not here yet. The imate Jam for one, the Motorola MPx for another. Nokia's so-called "Treo killer" is the 9300.
    Does anone know when the 9500 or 9300 will be out in the States?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Does anone know when the 9500 or 9300 will be out in the States?
    Talk about a "brick!" If the Yankees had this thing to bat with they might have made it to the Series!
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippa

Any suggestions? People seem to be plugging the i-mate PDA2K around here, but are there other possibilities, too?

Take a look at the new Blackberry phone.....tightly integrated and works
    Alot of it depends on what you use a PDA for on a daily basis. You might be able to use the BB 7100.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnootZootPoop
    I must say that I do agree with this sentiment. I'm not a fan of TMO, but I went by and played with the 7100 and it is strong! VERY similar form factor to the Treo (much smaller and lighter than I expected). Yes there are some drawbacks, screen might not be as big, blackberry doesn't offer all the great programs that Palm does. But this phone is $199. And blackberry's push technology is VERY popular with companies. I'm a bit disapointed with some of the shortfalls of the 650, considering the price. If they had introduced it around $300, maybe not, but at $600+? Yikes.
    KitMoni
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnootZootPoop
    He said he needed a PDA. The new Blackberry phone is an email device and a phone, NOT a PDA.
    How do you define a PDA? The 7100t has a calendar, address book, To Do list (all of which sync with Outlook or Notes). It has a nice web browser and BlackBerry’s fantastic push e-mail. For my money it is a PDA (not as many bells and whistles as a Treo or PPC (which I also own)) but what it does it does better and more reliably than the other platforms.