1.    #1  
    Duh,

The cellular companies don't want us to have VOIP! Therefor no WiFi...
    Since when do you need 11mbps for WiFi? I have been able to get it working reasonably at 28.8 if you have the right codec.
    Quote Originally Posted by stokar
    Duh,

The cellular companies don't want us to have VOIP! Therefor no WiFi...
    any VOIP software works with palm now?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    any VOIP software works with palm now?
    Not yet, but Skype is working on it. Can't wait!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Hopefully by then, a compatible wifi SD card will be out!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Not yet, but Skype is working on it. Can't wait!
    i don't really put high hope in skype for palm yet...and its a 312mhz processor, even the 'dark side' needs at least 400mhz processor in order for the VOIP from skype to work
    oh well....if skype for palm works, it can take advantage of the EDGE & whatever sprint high speed net is using
    Pulver is supposedly working on one, that is in Alpha stages right now. It is called pulver.communicator, and you can sign up at

http://www.pulver.com/communicator/

They describe it halfway down the page as:

pulver.Communicator: MOBILE - In addition to the pulver.Communicator version currently available for Windows XP/2000, we are currently alpha testing versions of pulver.Communicator for mobile devices including: PocketPC, RIM and PalmOS. Please click here if you would like to apply to join the beta testing of pulver.Communicator Mobile.