Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103
  1.    #1  
    I'm glad to announce the first public beta release of the first voice dialer and application launcher for PalmOS. This beta is stable and full working, compatible with the Jabra Freespeak BT200. This latest release includes an automatic sensitivity adjustment for a better recognition in noisy situations.

    You can download it at:
    http://treoware.com/VoiceLauncher.prc

    Regards, Jean-Francois.
  2. #2  
    Woohoo~!! Thanks, Jean-Francois! I'll check it out!
  3. #3  
    Do we need a registration code to get it to work?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    Do we need a registration code to get it to work?
    It is fully working, I mean: you can create patterns (as many as you want) and test it in real life to see it finding your commands. The only thing you can't do without the registration key is launch the command at the final stage. I will probably "open" the feature for the 2 first patterns in the next release, but anyway the important thing is that you and other people can try as long as you want to see it working and decide if you want to purchase it or not (of course I hope you will like it and will buy a registration key!).

    Cheers, Jean-Francois.
  5. #5  
    Seems to be recognizing patterns well. A suggestion:

    When you give the voice dial command, have it repeat the name, then automatically start dialing. At that point you will know that it is:
    a) dialing the correct number and you don't have to do anything, or
    b) it's dialing the wrong number. If so, allow for a push of the center button to stop dialing.

    As it is now you have to manually select each and every recording pattern after you speak it. This just adds and unneeded extra step if the correct number is already selected.

    Looks great so far!
  6. #6  
    Thank you for making the beta public. I have been trying it out for the past 30 minutes or so and I am very impressed. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this is going to be a killer application for the 600. How and when will we be able to register and do you know what you are going to charge for a registration key.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir busta
    Seems to be recognizing patterns well. A suggestion:

    When you give the voice dial command, have it repeat the name, then automatically start dialing. At that point you will know that it is:
    a) dialing the correct number and you don't have to do anything, or
    b) it's dialing the wrong number. If so, allow for a push of the center button to stop dialing.

    As it is now you have to manually select each and every recording pattern after you speak it. This just adds and unneeded extra step if the correct number is already selected.

    Looks great so far!
    It's still doing it, but you need to turn the sound system on ;-)

    Jean-Francois.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalredfire
    Thank you for making the beta public. I have been trying it out for the past 30 minutes or so and I am very impressed. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this is going to be a killer application for the 600. How and when will we be able to register and do you know what you are going to charge for a registration key.
    Sales will be available in few hours (minutes ?) at Mytreo.net

    Jean-Francois.
  9. wachie's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #9  
    I've gone to the treoware.com site, but I can't see where to purchase a registration key.
    Any help?
  10. wachie's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #10  
    woops. sorry. I will wait till later.
  11. #11  
    I may be dense, but I don't understand how to get it to work at all. the tutorial is not helpful for me.
    Laissez Faire
  12. #12  
    Is there any documentation available to view prior to downloading and installing the .prc?
  13. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #13  
    Great app! I would agree with previous posts which highlight the need to have it be "friendly" for those of us who do NOT keep the system sound on. I would agree that ideally, after speaking a name, it should repeat the name (even with system sound off, as the kyocera 7135 did), and then start dialing with no further input. Ideally, pushing the center button (or saying "stop dialing") should then stop it if it is an incorrect match. Hope that makes sense!
  14. #14  
    I got as far as setting it to phone and going to lookup, but when I selected the name and hit 'paste' it caused my treo to reset.... I hate it when that happens =)

    Anyways, I manually put the number in and I think it is being recognized.. it says 35 351 above the item... is that about right?
  15. #15  
    i have not updated and this app seems to crash my Treo each time when I attempt to record. Do I need to bite the bullet and update? I have been afraid this day would come.

    Bruce in Belle harbor
  16. #16  
    Jean-Francois - thanks for making and releasing such a great app. Few thoughts:
    1. When adding phone numbers, the lookup function only offers one number choice even if there are more numbers for that contact. Will you be expanding this lookup function?
    2. Can we make the search results call or launch the found entry without pushing a button to confirm? Is there a way to do this or at least enable a preference selection.
    3. When creating a new entry, is it required that I create both patterns to earn a score (number in lower right corner) before the pattern can be voice-recognized? I created one entry without a 2nd pattern and it seemed to save. What is consequences of this?

    I can't believe I'm this pumped up over an app for my Treo. I need to get out more often. More feedback later. Thanks again.
  17. #17  
    Can't figure out how to do anything with this program. Any simple step by step instructions anywhere?
  18. #18  
    Will we have to pay for a evaluating the beta application?
    Seems very cool so far.
    Will this program just be able to open a program or will it be able to initiate the mail program to send and receive mail or log on to AIM etc?
    Thanks for all the work!
  19. #19  
    Tips where it's all at for this app, mtdn
    Animo et Fide
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Can't figure out how to do anything with this program. Any simple step by step instructions anywhere?
    this article helped me a great deal. good luck!!!

    http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000184.php
    Last edited by dpwaters; 10/25/2004 at 04:04 PM.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions