Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    1. Verbal confirmation (playing back the name it thinks you want to dial) MUST come out the earpiece of the Treo or the BT headset. Shouting out the speakerphone is a total no-go for me.
    In "Preferences" menu, you can check the "Headset playback wizard". When enabled, VoiceLauncher automatically detects and enables system sounds on your headset instead of the Treo speaker (like "Freedom"). When using your headset, verbal confirmation will be played on your headset.

In non-headset mode, you can select a "... (mute) ..." configuration to avoid VL repeating your command. I'm also working on a way to get it played on the earpiece instead of the speaker in a next release.

2. The phone lookup feature does not work and it never has on either my 600 or my 650. I tap the icon, it flashes and highlights the field, then nothing. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me, but I can't find any documentation other than the "tap the icon" on your webpage.
    That's strange... do you have a specific application for your contacts? (there's an issue with Goodlink that I'm trying to fix currently)

3. I would like an AUDIBLE feature that offers alternatives sequentially if the program is not sure what name you want launched. Having to start over each time the program is incorrect is time-consuming and by the time you do it once or twice, you might as well pick up the phone and find it in the Contacts app. Pretty much every cell on the market offers the convenience of what I'm describing above and many others have asked for this.
    You can have this feature if you select "Audible selection" in your preferences. VL will do a verbal confirmation for the 1st command found and starts a timer. If you press the 5-nav down button (or the headset button) it will steps to the 2nd command and restarts the timer, and again with the 3rd if needed. If you let the timer run, it will execute the current (1st, 2nd or 3rd) command.

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    In "Preferences" menu, you can check the "Headset playback wizard". When enabled, VoiceLauncher automatically detects and enables system sounds on your headset instead of the Treo speaker (like "Freedom"). When using your headset, verbal confirmation will be played on your headset.

In non-headset mode, you can select a "... (mute) ..." configuration to avoid VL repeating your command. I'm also working on a way to get it played on the earpiece instead of the speaker in a next release.

That's strange... do you have a specific application for your contacts? (there's an issue with Goodlink that I'm trying to fix currently)

You can have this feature if you select "Audible selection" in your preferences. VL will do a verbal confirmation for the 1st command found and starts a timer. If you press the 5-nav down button (or the headset button) it will steps to the 2nd command and restarts the timer, and again with the 3rd if needed. If you let the timer run, it will execute the current (1st, 2nd or 3rd) command.

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Playing out the earpiece would be great and thanks for the other tips. Yes, I use SuperNames, though it is not assigned to any buttons. I'm not sure why that would effect the lookup if the feature is designed to go to the "Contacts" app, however? Glad to know there is a way to have VL offer alternatives. However, this requires holding the phone in my hand AND/OR pulling it away from my face. If you're in a car, neither alternative is good. Verbal feedback out the earpiece with the option to say "yes" or "no" (ONLY if the software is unsure; if it's confident, it can just repeat the voice command and start calling) as a way of alerting VL to either start dialing (if you said yes) or try another voice tag (if you said no). For both safety and convenience, having all this "back and forth" with the software via voice command is ideal IMHO.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Playing out the earpiece would be great...
    VoiceLauncher 0.9.4 is now available:
    - new option to have feedback through the earpiece
    - Jabra specific support
    - Seidio 2-in-1 specific support

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456