Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I just love this app, and would like to register, but plan on upgrading to the T650 when it becomes available over the next few weeks. Will VL be compatible, and will I need to purhase an additional license for it?
    No additional license will be needed!

I've been told that VL is still working on Treo650, but there are some (non blocking) issues to fix, so I don't mention it officially :-)

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    JFMw I emailed you at voicelauncher@treoware.com on Nov. 10, but have not heard back so I am trying here.
    I love the application and am almost ready to buy but I need clarification on three items:

1. I use a Treo 600 and when I push the button on my headset, VoiceLaucher starts in "search mode" which is great! However, if there is no match, I can't start the search again with the headset button. It appears I must press the search button on the screen, but I don't want to have to do that. Am I missing something?

2. I can't seem to record using my headset mic. Do I have to use the internal mic to record patterns?

3. How do I set up a pattern to use the internal mic if there is no headset and the headset mic if there is one?

4. What do the "Treo" and "Heatset" icon buttons do?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    JFMw I emailed you at voicelauncher@treoware.com on Nov. 10, but have not heard back so I am trying here.
    I love the application and am almost ready to buy but I need clarification on three items:

1. I use a Treo 600 and when I push the button on my headset, VoiceLaucher starts in "search mode" which is great! However, if there is no match, I can't start the search again with the headset button. It appears I must press the search button on the screen, but I don't want to have to do that. Am I missing something?

2. I can't seem to record using my headset mic. Do I have to use the internal mic to record patterns?

3. How do I set up a pattern to use the internal mic if there is no headset and the headset mic if there is one?

4. What do the "Treo" and "Heatset" icon buttons do?

You might have received the reply yet, but here is a copy in case someone on the forum wants to know :-)

Jean-Francois.

Subject: Re: Voicelauncher
    Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:08:00 +0100
    To: David Gelfuso <dgelfuso@xxxxxxxxxx>

>1. However, if
    >there is no match, I
    >can't start...

I'm waiting for my own headset to arrive to be able to finalize integration with the button.

>2. I can't seem to record
    >using my headset mic.

Depends on the headset in fact, but again I'm waiting mine :-)

>3. How do I set up a pattern
    >to use the internal mic...

You will use the Treo/Headset icons to set/unset. When red (pink) the pattern is disabled for the specific hardware.

Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Did you have the same freezing problem with previous release?
    Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    No. Only the 0.7.4 release causes the problem, as noted by the other users who posted after me. I deleted it and went back to previous version 0.6.9 which seems to be working fine.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorganstein
    No. Only the 0.7.4 release causes the problem, as noted by the other users who posted after me. I deleted it and went back to previous version 0.6.9 which seems to be working fine.
    0.7.5 is now available at Mytreo.net, maybe you can try to see if it fixes the 0.7.4 problem (I have fixed a minor issue and restored the compilation settings to the previous ones). I've notice problems recently, but as I use my Treo for tests it becomes instable very often and I have to install it from scratch very often. Obviously, with 0.7.5 (in fact 0.7.6, but I'll put it on Mytreo.net later today when my tests will be finished) I don't have any problem anymore, so it might be the one you were speaking about...

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I purchased this on Mytreo.net, but did not receive any option to download it or an email other than my receipt from paypal. After I paid it just returned me to a blank page on mytreo.net. What's up with that?
    Last edited by nuflat; 11/13/2004 at 12:23 PM.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I purchased this on Mytreo.net, but did not receive any option to download it or an email other than my receipt from paypal. After I paid it just returned me to a blank page on mytreo.net. What's up with that?
    I'll ask MTDN administrators, thank you for the report about the blank page.
    You'll receive your registration key pretty soon, in the mean time you can download it from PalmGear, Handango, or Mytreo.net (of course!). You'll just have to enter your registration key to unlock features (without the key, only the first pattern can be fully launched).

Have a nice day,
    Jean-Francois.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Although the program is small but each voice command takes up space in ram.
    check out the file.
    0.8.0 now supports database on your SD memory card.
    You don't to do anything difficult, just use the new button to move your database from the main memory to the memory card :-) You'll notice that the button is then changing: the new button will let you move the database back to the main memory.

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Does this mean that you can save the voice tag database to an SD card or launch apps that are on the SD card... or both ;-)?
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Does this mean that you can save the voice tag database to an SD card or launch apps that are on the SD card... or both ;-)?
    I mean: voice tag database can be stored on the SD card.
    Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I have been trying for 2 hours to record a voice dial and it successfully find it in the search. What am I doing wrong? I have tried it at different levels and I am in a quiet room and when I press the button to start the app and it searches when I say home, it does nothing but sit on the search screen even though I have it setup to dial my home number.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I have been trying for 2 hours to record a voice dial and it successfully find it in the search. What am I doing wrong? I have tried it at different levels and I am in a quiet room and when I press the button to start the app and it searches when I say home, it does nothing but sit on the search screen even though I have it setup to dial my home number.
    What I understand in your message is that you have created a pattern, assign a command to call a number, saved this command in your database, have spoken your command in "Search a pattern", VoiceLauncher have found your command and shows it, but then waits for something without dialing?

VoiceLauncher action after recognition depends on your configuration. You can change your settings in the "Preference menu". VL can repeat the command found or keep quiet, it can wait for you to press the center button to confirm, it can wait a little timeout and launch the command if you don't touch the 5-way navigator during the timeout, it can wait for you to speak again to confirm the command... Default is to wait for the 5-way navigator center button to confirm and execute the command.

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Hey JF -

First off, very cool app. I've been looking to "catch up" with my Windows Mobile friends, and this is a huge step in the right direction.

I'm getting a lot of this from the Microsoft Voice Command that my Windows Mobile buddies use. It is a clear and easy to use interface. One advantage of that interface is the voice independence and lack of required training, but I know that is a lot to ask.

I love the ability to launch any application with a voice command. That is great. My main concerns come in the integration with the dialing capabilities. A few personal notes:

1. I only use the standard contacts app so this might be naive, but why not use a two-step process. First, use contact name to find contact info, then have the app respond with a list of phone numbers available. Then tell it what to dial. For example:

Me: "Gary Davis"
    Treo: "Gary Davis. Mobile ... Home .... Work" (played from the samples I record for recognition)
    Me: "Home"
    Treo: (tones to indicate dialing)

This would require more integration with the contacts database, but would be a much simpler interface. Plus, it would save space, recording the call types only once, and the names only once. It would also allow for easier canceling if instead of home, work, mobile, or other, I said "Cancel". And, if there is only one number saved, it would go directly to that number.

2. Also have a "Dial" command where you could say a phone number and it would dial directly. For example:

Me: "Dial 5136186778"
    Treo: "Dial 5136186778"
    Me: "Yes"

3. To make the interface easier when it comes to training, eliminate the numbers. Record two patterns and create your own algorithm for determining which one is best. Indicate acceptance by a simple green or red indication. If red, re-record both patterns.

I also look forward to your integration with headset. This requirement to use the Treo mic is killing me since I purchased my Bluetrek G2/dongle and put the phone on the passenger seat when driving.

I know this would take you in a completely different direction, but ultimately would make a much more usable application. I know I would buy it!

Thanks again for your great efforts.

Cheers -- Greg
  14.    #94  
    A lot of great suggestions indeed. I'm currently improving the recognition function a lot, I will do some tests to see if the new engine is able to do digit dialling.

New release should be available soon in a few days (need time to be sure the new engine works better in all situations).

Jean-Francois.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcintyre
    Hey JF -

First off, very cool app. I've been looking to "catch up" with my Windows Mobile friends, and this is a huge step in the right direction.

I'm getting a lot of this from the Microsoft Voice Command that my Windows Mobile buddies use. It is a clear and easy to use interface. One advantage of that interface is the voice independence and lack of required training, but I know that is a lot to ask.

I love the ability to launch any application with a voice command. That is great. My main concerns come in the integration with the dialing capabilities. A few personal notes:

1. I only use the standard contacts app so this might be naive, but why not use a two-step process. First, use contact name to find contact info, then have the app respond with a list of phone numbers available. Then tell it what to dial. For example:

Me: "Gary Davis"
    Treo: "Gary Davis. Mobile ... Home .... Work" (played from the samples I record for recognition)
    Me: "Home"

This would require more integration with the contacts database, but would be a much simpler interface. Plus, it would save space, recording the call types only once, and the names only once. It would also allow for easier canceling if instead of home, work, mobile, or other, I said "Cancel". And, if there is only one number saved, it would go directly to that number.

2. Also have a "Dial" command where you could say a phone number and it would dial directly. For example:

Me: "Dial 5136186778"
    Treo: "Dial 5136186778"
    Me: "Yes"

3. To make the interface easier when it comes to training, eliminate the numbers. Record two patterns and create your own algorithm for determining which one is best. Indicate acceptance by a simple green or red indication. If red, re-record both patterns.

I also look forward to your integration with headset. This requirement to use the Treo mic is killing me since I purchased my Bluetrek G2/dongle and put the phone on the passenger seat when driving.

I know this would take you in a completely different direction, but ultimately would make a much more usable application. I know I would buy it!

Thanks again for your great efforts.

Cheers -- Greg
    I installed v0.8.8 recently. Two issues that I can't find documentation on:

1. When enabled, the app keeps turning my phone on. I hear two clicks from the speaker phone, then a quiet hiss, then the screen comes on and it's on the screen to accept a voice command. Is this supposed to be happening?

2. Is there a way to get the audible voice confirmation to come out the earpiece instead of the speakerphone so that everyone around me doesn't have to hear my phone talking to me I just don't feel like people around me need to know who I'm dialing.

BTW, voice recognition seemed much better than previous versions. Thanks for any feedback.
    Jean-Francois, just curious. The new Treo 650 comes with the VoiceDial application. It appears to automatically create patterns out of the names in the address book based on indexing all of the potential pronunciations of various syllables.

Could you do that as well? If you work over BlueTooth and they don't, you've got a killer app for the 650. It doesn't seem that hard at first blush, so long as your pattern recognition could handle differentiating between 1000 patterns.

Unfortunately, until then, I'll stick with VoiceDial so I don't have to program 1000 patterns into VoiceLauncher.
    I just "upgraded" to v 0.9.0 and it doesn't work at all. It will not allow recording of voice patterns, it gives no audible feedback, voice commands cannot be launched. v0.8.8 worked a few minutes ago, so I know it's not the 650. When I try to record a voice pattern or launch a voice pattern, two small boxes (one with a 2 and one with a 10) appear on the screen and nothing happens after this.
  18.    #98  
    I installed v0.8.8 recently. Two issues that I can't find documentation on:

1. When enabled, the app keeps turning my phone on. I hear two clicks from the speaker phone, then a quiet hiss, then the screen comes on and it's on the screen to accept a voice command. Is this supposed to be happening?

2. Is there a way to get the audible voice confirmation to come out the earpiece instead of the speakerphone so that everyone around me doesn't have to hear my phone talking to me I just don't feel like people around me need to know who I'm dialing.

BTW, voice recognition seemed much better than previous versions. Thanks for any feedback.
    (1) You might have checked "Voice activation detection" in your preferences, please uncheck it.
    (2) Ok, I will have a look on it if possible.

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
  19.    #99  
    I just "upgraded" to v 0.9.0 and it doesn't work at all. It will not allow recording of voice patterns, it gives no audible feedback, voice commands cannot be launched. v0.8.8 worked a few minutes ago, so I know it's not the 650. When I try to record a voice pattern or launch a voice pattern, two small boxes (one with a 2 and one with a 10) appear on the screen and nothing happens after this.
    It could be a problem while downloading. Can you download it again and try installing again? Please be sure to download the ZIP file not the PRC file. Dunno why, people have often problems when downloading the PRC files... Please send me an email if the problem continues after installing again.

Small boxes are noise level (2, that's pretty low!) and microphone volume (x1.0).

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    It could be a problem while downloading. Can you download it again and try installing again? Please be sure to download the ZIP file not the PRC file. Dunno why, people have often problems when downloading the PRC files... Please send me an email if the problem continues after installing again.

Small boxes are noise level (2, that's pretty low!) and microphone volume (x1.0).

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    I was able to download again and reinstall, disable, then reenable and it seems to be working properly. Two remaining issues that keep me from purchasing this software:

1. Verbal confirmation (playing back the name it thinks you want to dial) MUST come out the earpiece of the Treo or the BT headset. Shouting out the speakerphone is a total no-go for me.

2. The phone lookup feature does not work and it never has on either my 600 or my 650. I tap the icon, it flashes and highlights the field, then nothing. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me, but I can't find any documentation other than the "tap the icon" on your webpage.

3. I would like an AUDIBLE feature that offers alternatives sequentially if the program is not sure what name you want launched. Having to start over each time the program is incorrect is time-consuming and by the time you do it once or twice, you might as well pick up the phone and find it in the Contacts app. Pretty much every cell on the market offers the convenience of what I'm describing above and many others have asked for this.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast