Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    Jean-Francois,

Is it possible to enter commas for pauses? I always get a dialing error when I enter a comma. Would surely be useful to be able to use pauses, etc.

By the way, version 6.5 swayed me - I went ahead and registered. Very promising program.
    You have to select "TakePhone" as your application to launch and enter your phone number (with commas). If you have configured TAKEphONE to register as an helper, you can also use "VLaunch VoiceCall" as you application (this is the generic phone helper request, used by the standard Phone application and TakePhone... and maybe others).

Jean-Francois.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Although the program is small but each voice command takes up space in ram.
    check out the file.
    Currently, patterns are saved without compression.
    That will change in a very close future.

Jean-Francois.
    Registered and installed version 0.6.5 - today, my battery kept fading. Whenever I looked, my screen was ON.

Looked for anything and everything that could be causing it. Finally, deleted VL, and problem went away.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Great program, but battery problem is not good.
    RJuhl
    It would be great if you could actually dial by saying the digits instead of just a name.
    I have also noticed more battery drain than usual - the only things that have changed on my Treo are the installation of Verichat and VoiceLauncher. I haven't noticed the screen being "ON" more than usual, but I will watch it. Jean-Francois, could this be related to VL? I can't imagine so, what are your thoughts?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Maybe your Verichat is staying connected all the time. That will run your battry down. So try turning off Always on mode in your Verichat preferences.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    Registered and installed version 0.6.5 - today, my battery kept fading. Whenever I looked, my screen was ON.

Looked for anything and everything that could be causing it. Finally, deleted VL, and problem went away.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Great program, but battery problem is not good.
    VL doesn't play with alarms, and no events except for the headset button (but I don't see why it could cause problems...). Anyway, to be sure, I will have a checkbox to disable headset's event in the next release. It won't harm :-)

Jean-Francois.
    Well, I reinstalled ( I really do like the software potential) it today, and am experiencing no problems with the battery or the screen turning on.

Must have had some sort of conflict going on.

I see you have version 0.6.6 out, so will see how that works out.

Thanks,

RJuhl
    RJuhl
    I dl'd v0.6.6 today to try. It seems to launch the apps I assign, but I can't get it to dial a phone number at all. I have the voice tag recorded, per the instructions and tutorial. When I say the name of the phone number I want dialed, it just launches an application that has a name completely unrelated. Also, the phone number lookup feature doesn't work (when I tap the lookup icon, screen flashes, but nothing happens). Is this intentional in the demo version?
    For me it turned out to be overly sensitive to background noise. It did not do a good job in the recognition area. Voice Dialer has the same problem but has been more reliable. I opted on purchase Voice Dialer (not the same as VD) after a very short test drive. Ben
    I seem to have gotten voice dial to work! I have phone set to vibrate and all system sounds turned of and I can't seem to get verbal confirmation of who I'm dialing prior to the phone call being made... I have to turn on system sounds (which I do not want) in order to hear the voice tag repeated back to me. This means I have to look at the phone or risk not knowing if I am calling the correct person, which seems like a major limitation. The only other option seems to be switching the system sound button on the handset before and after phone calls. Most cell phone I have used allows vibrate for all system sounds but uses voice prompt to reply back to you by stating who you are about to call just so you know you are dialing the right person. Also, I'm pretty certain I have used apps that override the system sound settings... so, even though all system sounds are "off", this app specifically can override that setting if the user specifies. Any reason the feature I'm mentioning can't be added?

Also, I'm confused as to why the confirmations always come out the external speaker and not the earpiece... am I doing something wrong? I can think of very few circumstances in which I would want everyone around me to know who I'm calling. Having the voice training (when creating voice tags) come out the external speaker seems reasonable... or at least offer the user the option to choose. But to have to hear dialing confirmation come out your speakerphone doesn't seem ideal. Is there a way to switch the voice confirmation to the earpiece instead?

What I would really like in use, and I think others are expressing a similar desire, is the following:

1. Push voice dialing "activation" button, previously specified by the user.
    2. Voice comes on and says "Name please..."
    3. I say the voice command (either launch an app or a phone number), ie; "Steve Cell".
    4. In the case of phone call, it states "Calling [insert name of voice tag]"
    5. If VL wasn't sure what I said, it would offer a choice, like "Did you say [insert name of possible voice tag match]?"
    6. I reply "Yes", if correct match, and phone number is dialed.
    7. If incorrect match, I say "No" and VL either offers another option or if it's out of options, re-states "Name please..." to try again.

This process is what has been available on all the LG phones I have used and always seems very intuitive and simple to use. Just wanted to put in a few suggestions as you continue developing this great app!
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorganstein
    I seem to have gotten voice dial to work! I have phone set to vibrate and all system sounds turned of and I can't seem to get verbal confirmation of who I'm dialing prior to the phone call being made... I have to turn on system sounds (which I do not want) in order to hear the voice tag repeated back to me. This means I have to look at the phone or risk not knowing if I am calling the correct person, which seems like a major limitation. The only other option seems to be switching the system sound button on the handset before and after phone calls. Most cell phone I have used allows vibrate for all system sounds but uses voice prompt to reply back to you by stating who you are about to call just so you know you are dialing the right person. Also, I'm pretty certain I have used apps that override the system sound settings... so, even though all system sounds are "off", this app specifically can override that setting if the user specifies. Any reason the feature I'm mentioning can't be added?

Also, I'm confused as to why the confirmations always come out the external speaker and not the earpiece... am I doing something wrong? I can think of very few circumstances in which I would want everyone around me to know who I'm calling. Having the voice training (when creating voice tags) come out the external speaker seems reasonable... or at least offer the user the option to choose. But to have to hear dialing confirmation come out your speakerphone doesn't seem ideal. Is there a way to switch the voice confirmation to the earpiece instead?

What I would really like in use, and I think others are expressing a similar desire, is the following:

1. Push voice dialing "activation" button, previously specified by the user.
    2. Voice comes on and says "Name please..."
    3. I say the voice command (either launch an app or a phone number), ie; "Steve Cell".
    4. In the case of phone call, it states "Calling [insert name of voice tag]"
    5. If VL wasn't sure what I said, it would offer a choice, like "Did you say [insert name of possible voice tag match]?"
    6. I reply "Yes", if correct match, and phone number is dialed.
    7. If incorrect match, I say "No" and VL either offers another option or if it's out of options, re-states "Name please..." to try again.

This process is what has been available on all the LG phones I have used and always seems very intuitive and simple to use. Just wanted to put in a few suggestions as you continue developing this great app!
    Thanx a lot for your suggestions, I'm adding them in the ToDo list.
    Just to let you know, 0.6.9 is now available at Mytreo.net with new features.
    Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Currently, you can buy licences from Mytreo.net. You don't have to be a member, you can buy in the online shop as a "guest". Mytreo.net is a very good online shop that respects both users and developpers, I'm happy to work with them.
    Thx Jean-Francois. I'd just like to highlight one aspect of how indeed we respect both users and developers: compared to the PalmGears and Handangos of this world, our prices are lower to users and at the same time the net value for the developers is much higher.
  14.    #74  
    New in this release:

Phone numbers lookup: Three new buttons are available to let you choose from work (letter "W"), home (letter "H") and mobile (letter "M") numbers, or any if you don't know with the default previously existing button.

Browser URL address: If Blazer or Xiino are selected, a field is available to enter an URL to launch the navigator with.

Background voice detection: If enabled and if the Treo600 is turned off, a voice detection can activate the search page. Please note: this feature is experimental, requires a proper threshold configuration, and will reduce your battery duration.

Silent mode (no repeat): All launching methods have a silent mode or a verbose mode, if you prefer VoiceLauncher to be quiet before launching your command.

You don't have to uninstall previous release prior upgrading, but I recommand doing a soft reset.

You can download if from here

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    The new version, as with the previous, is defaulted to the recognition screen. It freezes (requires soft reset) my T600 whether launched with the quick button (nav push) or launching it from ZLauncher.
    Same issue here. Dang, I really want to try this piece of software. Ben
    I have the same problems constantly freezing my unit

Fred
    I just love this app, and would like to register, but plan on upgrading to the T650 when it becomes available over the next few weeks. Will VL be compatible, and will I need to purhase an additional license for it?
    Any update on a fix for the recent freezing problem?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorganstein
    The new version, as with the previous, is defaulted to the recognition screen. It freezes (requires soft reset) my T600 whether launched with the quick button (nav push) or launching it from ZLauncher.
    Did you have the same freezing problem with previous release?
    Cheers, Jean-Francois.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast