Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Question 2: enable the "Voice confirmation to accept". Then, if your ok if the pattern recognized, just say it a second time will confirm the launch without pressing any key.
    This is what I'd like to have changed. The confirmation often does not work because of multiple matches. It requires the user to look at the Treo which makes it not helpful when driving -- a good reason to use voice recognition.

I prefer the way it works on my Kyocera 7135. When VL notices a number of matching patterns, it states the first match and you can say "yes" or "no". If you say "no" it goes to the next match and allows you to hear it.

Alternatively, you can allow us press OK when we hear the match or cursor down to the next match and hear that pattern.
    I have used the 7135 before the T600 and I agree that is one thing the 7135 kicked **** on! If that capability could be matched, then we are in business big time...

So how about it, JFMw ???
    Please check if you are using 0.6.3 beta in the "About" menu. Sometimes, because of proxies/firewalls, people are downloading an old "cached" file instead of the new one. If this is your case, you can try http://www.treoware.com instead of http://treoware.com, it might help to workaround the caching system.

Jean-Francois.
    Will you be selling it through palmgear?

Also, so far so good, unless I'm missing something though, it would be nice if it simply started dialing after speaking the phrase. ie. I hit the 5way, say whatever, it repeats whatever and starts the dialing process with an option to cancel highlighted.

If this is possible, I've missed it. This is how my old phone worked

Great work.
    I was able to cut/paste 28 characters which includes commas for pauses and it worked with TAKEphONE (thanks, Shimon) but I cannot modify all characters from within VL. I can only see and modify the first 25 characters.

Perhaps you should open up a edit dialog (like what happens within Blazer) so that all characters (and more than 31) can be entered and modified.

I'm looking forward the improvements in the use of the contact list. It is almost impossible to select a number that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    it would be nice if it simply started dialing after speaking the phrase. ie. I hit the 5way, say whatever, it repeats whatever and starts the dialing process with an option to cancel highlighted.
    This is exactly what I want.
    Jean-Francois - I am using the 6.4 version you sent with my key and it's not working well... I have a recording set-up for Takephone, VL recognizes my voice bringing up the 2nd bar and just sits there... If I hit the little box it goes to Takephone, if I don't it just sits there - I do not have either of the verifications selected in preferences, if I select either of the verfication in preferences... Both work, but VL won't automatically go like it is supposed to when no verifications are checked???
  7.    #47  

Also, so far so good, unless I'm missing something though, it would be nice if it simply started dialing after speaking the phrase. ie. I hit the 5way, say whatever, it repeats whatever and starts the dialing process with an option to cancel highlighted.

If this is possible, I've missed it. This is how my old phone worked

Great work.
    Ok I will add it in a very near future.

Jean-Francois.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    I was able to cut/paste 28 characters which includes commas for pauses and it worked with TAKEphONE (thanks, Shimon) but I cannot modify all characters from within VL. I can only see and modify the first 25 characters.

Perhaps you should open up a edit dialog (like what happens within Blazer) so that all characters (and more than 31) can be entered and modified.

I'm looking forward the improvements in the use of the contact list. It is almost impossible to select a number that way.
    This is my todays's roadmap to modify the edit box
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomMacD
    Jean-Francois - I am using the 6.4 version you sent with my key and it's not working well... I have a recording set-up for Takephone, VL recognizes my voice bringing up the 2nd bar and just sits there... If I hit the little box it goes to Takephone, if I don't it just sits there - I do not have either of the verifications selected in preferences, if I select either of the verfication in preferences... Both work, but VL won't automatically go like it is supposed to when no verifications are checked???
    Confirmation is required to be sure you won't launch the wrong application, 2 methods:
    - you'll notice that the 5-way is focused on the best pattern: just press the 5-way center button to confirm
    - if you enable "Voice confirmation to accept" you'll see a little counter running from 0 to 9: if you speak during the counter, that you launch the command without touching the Treo (and if you don't want to launch the command because it's the wrong one, just be silent and it won't be launched)

As stated above, I will add another feature today: the counter will give you the opportunity to cancel the launch but if you don't cancel the command will then be launched.

Regards, Jean-Francois.
  10.    #50  
    Currently, you can buy licences from Mytreo.net. You don't have to be a member, you can buy in the online shop as a "guest". Mytreo.net is a very good online shop that respects both users and developpers, I'm happy to work with them.

Maybe I will put VoiceLauncher on Handango later. PalmGear is a problem for me because they can only pay with USD checks, and if I bring a USD check to my bank I have to pay an incredible fee
    Confirmation is required to be sure you won't launch the wrong application, 2 methods:
    - you'll notice that the 5-way is focused on the best pattern: just press the 5-way center button to confirm
    - if you enable "Voice confirmation to accept" you'll see a little counter running from 0 to 9: if you speak during the counter, that you launch the command without touching the Treo (and if you don't want to launch the command because it's the wrong one, just be silent and it won't be launched)

As stated above, I will add another feature today: the counter will give you the opportunity to cancel the launch but if you don't cancel the command will then be launched.

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Will the counter have the ability to configure the seconds? Reason I ask is because I have already tried it in my car and it recognizes and goes to the recording, and I would like it to go to dial as quick as possible... I have a lot of confidence in your program, I had tried yours and the other available as well and yours stood out on reconigtion. When in my car I only want to hit the button and goooooooooo
  12.    #52  
    VoiceLauncher 0.6.5 beta now available here.

Whats new:

- automatic launch: you can select this option in the "Preferences" menu (page #2), if selected you will have 2 seconds to cancel the automatic launch (to cancel, just move the 5-way to any direction or press the center button to start another recognition)

- phone number length increased: virtually you can enter up to 127 digits, but don't forget that TAKEphONE has a 40 digits limitation...

- somes fixes (including the "VLaunch PhoneCall" that was not always working)

No need to uninstall previous release to update.
    Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Good afternoon,

I am pleased to send you today the new release of VoiceLauncher 0.6.3 beta.

http://treoware.com/VoiceLauncher.prc

Purchase available at Mytreo.net

New in this release:
    - TAKEphONE integration: just select "TakePhone" as your application to launch and enter the number to dial! I know that many of your are waiting for this to use comma and pauses (and a big thank you to Shimon for his help!)
    - Standard helper integration: select "VLaunch VoiceCall" and your number, it will work with any compatible application (including the standard Phone and TAKEphONE that are both supporting helpers)
    - New automatic launch: in "Preferences" check "Voice confirmation to launch", after the pattern recognition you will see a little counter (bottom left). If you agree with the command just say anything and it will launch the command for good, if you don't want to launch it just say nothing. For obvious reasons, this will only work in quiet surroundings to avoid launching the wrong application/number because of the noise level!
    - First pattern #001 is now fully functionnal if you need to be sure that phone calls launched correctly

One more thing: if you don't want the Phone application to ask you a confirmation before dialing, uncheck the "Require confirmation to dial". So, to sum-up if you want to launch a call with pressing any button: unselect "Require..." and select "Voice confirmation..." :-)

Jean-Francois.
    Jean-Francois,

Sorry, I need a little clarification on the TAKEphONE integration. I have setup a VL with TAKEphONE as the app and then selected a phone number to call and labled it "Meghan's mobile". Saved and tested launch and it called but what is the benefit of the TAKEphONE association. I'm sure I'm missing the point and thank you in advance for a deeper explanation. TAKEphONE is my most used app and would like to better understand your integration. Perhaps you can utilize Shimon's phone-number lookup capabilities whereas they are very powerful and easy to use. VL version 0.6.5
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Perhaps you can utilize Shimon's phone-number lookup capabilities whereas they are very powerful and easy to use.
    If you did implement his lookup capabilities then VL would not have ANY problems interfacing with the address book records. God that would be a huge enhancement, but not sure if JFMw wants to go that far. (But it would be nice if you did!)
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I am liking this!!!
    This program is really turning out to be sweet. I would have liked it if you would have allowed users full use for a time period before having to register rather than limiting use to one phone entry. To bad also about palmgear as I don't like getting my personal info on to many sites however I understand your point.

This program makes me want to find a palmone exec. and just slap them.

VoiceLauncher 0.6.5 beta now available here.

Whats new:

- automatic launch: you can select this option in the "Preferences" menu (page #2), if selected you will have 2 seconds to cancel the automatic launch (to cancel, just move the 5-way to any direction or press the center button to start another recognition)

- phone number length increased: virtually you can enter up to 127 digits, but don't forget that TAKEphONE has a 40 digits limitation...

- somes fixes (including the "VLaunch PhoneCall" that was not always working)

No need to uninstall previous release to update.
    Regards, Jean-Francois.
    HI, Jean-Francois

Thanks for the great program... I registered over at www.mytreo.net. Since upgrading to the newest version, i've had a little trouble... but I don't think that it is definately related to your app... I installed it this time on my sd card. Anyway, what happened is that I did a full uninstall of the old version first and then when i setup my first voice command, I tried it and as soon as it was supposed to dial, it rebooted the treo. Can you let me know if it should work on the sd card and if so, maybe I've got some other program conflicting.

Thanks,
    Joe Molenski
    http://www.treotones.com
    Sharp Wizard:menu:HP 200lx:menu:HP 320lx:menu:Rex
    PalmVx:menu:Visor Prism w/VisorPhone:menu:Nokia 9290:menu:Treo 270:menu:Treo 600
    Jean-Francois,

Is it possible to enter commas for pauses? I always get a dialing error when I enter a comma. Would surely be useful to be able to use pauses, etc.

By the way, version 6.5 swayed me - I went ahead and registered. Very promising program.
    RJuhl
    rjuhl,
    It only support pauses if you launch the number using TAKEphONE (a terrific program, BTW). I wish it didn't rely on another program like that. Now that it does, I'd like him to use TAKEphONE's search engine.

I like the idea that the program is only 78K! Hopefully, improvements will be added and it'll stay under 100K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    rjuhl,
    It only support pauses if you launch the number using TAKEphONE (a terrific program, BTW). I wish it didn't rely on another program like that. Now that it does, I'd like him to use TAKEphONE's search engine.

I like the idea that the program is only 78K! Hopefully, improvements will be added and it'll stay under 100K.
    Although the program is small but each voice command takes up space in ram.
    check out the file.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast