Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    this article helped me a great deal. good luck!!!
    Which article?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    Which article?
    opps

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000184.php
    Well I was all psyched up about this app till I realized I cannot run any of the
    programs on my card with it
    Since 99% of my programs are on the card this program does not help me.
    any chance of this being added in the future?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyy7
    i have not updated and this app seems to crash my Treo each time when I attempt to record. Do I need to bite the bullet and update? I have been afraid this day would come.

Bruce in Belle harbor
    Me too.....
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Jean-Francois - thanks for making and releasing such a great app. Few thoughts:
    1. When adding phone numbers, the lookup function only offers one number choice even if there are more numbers for that contact. Will you be expanding this lookup function?
    2. Can we make the search results call or launch the found entry without pushing a button to confirm? Is there a way to do this or at least enable a preference selection.
    3. When creating a new entry, is it required that I create both patterns to earn a score (number in lower right corner) before the pattern can be voice-recognized? I created one entry without a 2nd pattern and it seemed to save. What is consequences of this?

I can't believe I'm this pumped up over an app for my Treo. I need to get out more often. More feedback later. Thanks again.
    Question 2: enable the "Voice confirmation to accept". Then, if your ok if the pattern recognized, just say it a second time will confirm the launch without pressing any key.

Question 3: this is not required, but it is useful to see if your pattern can be recognized easily: keep the better one and use the second to do some tests before saving...

Thanx, Jean-Francois.
  6.    #26  
    Here is a very quick tutorial:

(1) When you press the record button, you will hear a tone (bip-bip). Wait about 1 second before talking, because VoiceLauncher will have to measure the ambiant noise. Don't worry, you can take your time: VoiceLauncher will timeout only after about 3 seconds, and that's pretty long! You will hear another tone (bip-bip) after your recording, to let you know if it's ok of if a problem has occured (you talked too early, or VoiceLauncher was not able to know when you began to talk, ...).

(2) When you create a pattern and you think your pattern is good, use the second pattern several times to be sure that when you try again your pattern is recognized with a good quality. Be carefull: if you don't always hear the end of your word, it might be normal if the measured level is low. You might think that it's better to hear your full word, but during your tests if you see that more often your work is cut you should keep it like this.

(3) Always try to have patterns with a same volume. First value is length (currently it is a frame number, and a frame is 1/50 sec), second value is the volume level. You might try to have all your patterns with about the same value, for example between 358 and 362. It can take time to have a godd pattern with the wanted volume, but keep in mind that it's the best way to have a good recognition later, so take your time :-)

(4) In [Record a pattern] page, you can record and compare 2 patterns. The value on the right bottom is the distance: 30 to 60 is very good, 60 to 90 is poor. Before using a pattern, try enough times to be sure that, everytime, VoiceLauncher is able to have a good score. If you can't get good scores in best conditions, don't expect a good recognition in normal use later...

(5) Longer patterns can give better recognitions, I mean: if you have only very short pattern, it will be difficult for VoiceLauncher to measure the difference...

(6) You can't use VoiceLauncher in noisy surroundings, the Treo's microphone is too sensitive and records about everything, that doesn't help! Anyway, you don't want to talk to your Treo in the street, trust me :-) (people will look at you in a very strange way!). You will probably use VoiceLauncher at home and in your office...

(7) A last tip: when you want to add a new pattern, go to the recognition mode and say your new pattern. VoiceLauncher will try to match it to existing patterns: if you see that it can find another pattern with a small distance, you should better try another pattern because VoiceLauncher could confuse between those 2 patterns...

Then, you can save your pattern and assign a name and a command. If the command is Phone, you will be able to add a number to dial, if no number is provided the phone application will just be launched without dialing a number.

You can launch VoiceLauncher just pressing a longer time the middle button of the 5-way navigator, then press the record button and talk. VoiceLauncher will search your patterns. Then, you can launch the command if it is the good one (but a registration key is need at this time... but it doesn't matter for your tests). You can use another key in the preference menu.

I hope it will be enough for you to test, if not we will have the opportunity to talk tomorrow. Maybe you will need a little time to learn "how" to talk to your Treo in the most efficient way, but trust me: that's not that long before beginning to have good results!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylb
    Well I was all psyched up about this app till I realized I cannot run any of the
    programs on my card with it
    Since 99% of my programs are on the card this program does not help me.
    any chance of this being added in the future?
    This is in my ToDo list (along with saving database in the SD card).

Jean-Francois.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie
    I've gone to the treoware.com site, but I can't see where to purchase a registration key.
    Any help?
    Sales are now available:
    http://mytreo.net/offers/

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    I tried this application, I liked a lot, very good work !

Line of understanding and comments:

First I have problems to understand how to record patterns... .

Then I noticed that people can be called long, short, nickname, complete, so as more different pattern is recorded from rest, better recognition.
    To remember , Command Name shows how was recorded.
    As no multiple numbers can be defined for same contact, I used "Steve home" , "Steve cellular", "Steve Office" (but as much Steves, more chances to get the wrong one).
    Maybe in next version (not important) a way to multiple numbers using 5 way or second voice pattern.

Why 2 independent patterns? I think that it will be better to have 1 independent and 1 Average pattern.

Hint?

First record will go directly to Average (average cannot be edited only saved)
    Second record to Independent and Average will represent middle values of First and Second results.

If differences are in reasonable margin, then Average can have some highlight mark (a suggestion to save)

But if you like , you can continue with more samples.

As more recording of same name, more accurate will be the Average.

About test:

Only one bug found, not all my Contacts are shown on Find list (I have more than 1000 names), so I had to enter some numbers manually.

Again, excelent job, keep going!
    When will the beta release have 1 or 2 patterns enabled so we can truly test before we buy?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I have not registered but I note these problems:
    1. When I assign a pattern to Phone and tap the Lookup, NONE of the records have associated phone numbers. When I paste the record no number is entered in the text field. I know this can't be the intended behaviour.
    2. Because I haven't registered I need to reconfirm as long as I have Prefs set NOT to confirm before dialing I only need to speak the name to immediately initiate dialing.
    3. Is 5 way fully enabled? E.G, when setting a pattern and pressing center button, VL (luckily you didn't call your VoiceDialer) doesn't seem to record - I do wait a few seconds for the ambient sound reading. I have Prefs set to launch VL with long press of Center button; is this a conflict?
    4. This last not a problem per se but what is the ETA for saving records to SD? I have over a hundred regular business contacts and though each record is only approximately 20k I need as much internal memory as possible(as do we all).
    Otherwise, I haven't been this eager to purchase an app since ChatterEmail.
    Sprint T600>Hardware C>Firmware 1.20
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    I have not registered but I note these problems:
    1. When I assign a pattern to Phone and tap the Lookup, NONE of the records have associated phone numbers. When I paste the record no number is entered in the text field. I know this can't be the intended behaviour.
    2. Because I haven't registered I need to reconfirm as long as I have Prefs set NOT to confirm before dialing I only need to speak the name to immediately initiate dialing.
    3. Is 5 way fully enabled? E.G, when setting a pattern and pressing center button, VL (luckily you didn't call your VoiceDialer) doesn't seem to record - I do wait a few seconds for the ambient sound reading. I have Prefs set to launch VL with long press of Center button; is this a conflict?
    4. This last not a problem per se but what is the ETA for saving records to SD? I have over a hundred regular business contacts and though each record is only approximately 20k I need as much internal memory as possible(as do we all).
    Otherwise, I haven't been this eager to purchase an app since ChatterEmail.
    Sprint T600>Hardware C>Firmware 1.20
    (1) currently only "work" phones are looked-up, this is in my ToDo list
    (3) yes, 5-way is fully working... you might consider enabling the system sound (at least for a few minutes to "hear" VL activity... I'm know able to use it silently myself but to learn how to use VL at first sound is very useful)
    (4) data are not very big (my database is currently 160kB for 10 patterns) but size will be reduce in a next release (I will compress patterns, but I thought it was better not to compress during beta to help debugging if needed).

Jean-Francois.
  13.    #33  
    Good afternoon,

I am pleased to send you today the new release of VoiceLauncher 0.6.3 beta.

http://treoware.com/VoiceLauncher.prc

Purchase available at Mytreo.net

New in this release:
    - TAKEphONE integration: just select "TakePhone" as your application to launch and enter the number to dial! I know that many of your are waiting for this to use comma and pauses (and a big thank you to Shimon for his help!)
    - Standard helper integration: select "VLaunch VoiceCall" and your number, it will work with any compatible application (including the standard Phone and TAKEphONE that are both supporting helpers)
    - New automatic launch: in "Preferences" check "Voice confirmation to launch", after the pattern recognition you will see a little counter (bottom left). If you agree with the command just say anything and it will launch the command for good, if you don't want to launch it just say nothing. For obvious reasons, this will only work in quiet surroundings to avoid launching the wrong application/number because of the noise level!
    - First pattern #001 is now fully functionnal if you need to be sure that phone calls launched correctly

One more thing: if you don't want the Phone application to ask you a confirmation before dialing, uncheck the "Require confirmation to dial". So, to sum-up if you want to launch a call with pressing any button: unselect "Require..." and select "Voice confirmation..." :-)

Jean-Francois.
    Well it worked with TakePhone BUT didn't work with the additional numbers. For an example this is what I have on my voicemail system. numbers have been changed to protect the innocent.

(555) 123-4567%#,15551234567#,12345%1

And all it sees in VoiceLauncher is:

(555) 123-4567%#
    Ok, I'm not understanding this feature:

- Standard helper integration: select "VLaunch VoiceCall" and your number, it will work with any compatible application (including the standard Phone and TAKEphONE that are both supporting helpers)

How exactly do you implement this and what is the end result ? Sorry for the stupid question.
    pattern 001 is still not working for me even after deleting and reinstalling the app - it is asking for a reg code
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    Jean-Francois,

Your response to customer input is impressive. I have one follow up question regarding the auto launch application. That is, when set up as you recommended, the timer stops at 9 seconds and the program/phone number fails to launch. Two details: I tried this in a very quiet environment and I installed v6.3 directly over 6.2. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you!
    If you don't talk during the counter running, application won't be launched. If you make some noise (normal speaking is okay, no need to shout!) then it will be launched. That simple.

Main idea is to be able to confirm when you are using a headset without touching the Treo. When you are in normal mode (like I do) you press a lon time the 5-way center button, speak, check if it is the good pattern, and then press again the center button. No need to go in menus to find the proper application/contact, just talk and then confirm with a same button.

Jean-Francois.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    pattern 001 is still not working for me even after deleting and reinstalling the app - it is asking for a reg code
    Please check if you are using 0.6.3 beta in the "About" menu. Sometimes, because of proxies/firewalls, people are downloading an old "cached" file instead of the new one. If this is your case, you can try http://www.treoware.com instead of http://treoware.com, it might help to workaround the caching system.

Jean-Francois.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Well it worked with TakePhone BUT didn't work with the additional numbers. For an example this is what I have on my voicemail system. numbers have been changed to protect the innocent.

(555) 123-4567%#,15551234567#,12345%1

And all it sees in VoiceLauncher is:

(555) 123-4567%#
    Wow, never seens such a number!!!
    Stupid of me, I only allow 31 digits in numbers

There are 2 different things: first is the number lookup, second is the number dialling. About (1), the lookup feature currently only looks in "work" numbers but it will be fixed soon. About (2), excepting the 31 digits limitation, if you're using TakePhone as your command and enter your number it will work (at least it is working during my tests)... So, if the lookup doesn't paste the full number, you still can modify the string to add the missing digits (you don't have to keep the number returned by the lookup function, it's just a tool to help entering numbers ).

To answer your other message about "helpers", it's an odd thing with PalmOS. I never understood how useful it could be before, but with Shimon's from TAKEphONE help I've changed my mind. The idea is that you want to phone a number. Instead of asking 1 and only 1 application to phone a number (this is the case if you use the "Phone" application to dial with VoiceLauncher), you broadcast a request to dial the number (this is what VL does with "VLaunch VoiceCall" command). Applications that are able to do so are receiving this notification and can confirm/execute the request. It's very useful for future applications: with this, you are able to use TAKEphONE from your address book without asking the address book authors to modify their application

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Thank you for the clarification. I use TakePhone almost exclusively. I have been using it for a VERY VERY long time and happy with it. So hopefully you can increase the limitation on numbers and enhance your number lookup feature and I think we will be in business!

Thank you and looking forward to each enhancement.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast