Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1.    #1  
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

    Grover Industries, Inc. is proud to announce their new public pre-releases of “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS™”, and “Voice Dialer 1.0” for the PalmOne Treo 600™

    MINNEAPOLIS (Oct, 2004) -- Grover Industries, Inc. is now offering for the first time a voice navigation solution for the PalmOS™ Platform. The first two products are: “VoiceLib SDK for the PalmOS™”, and “Voice Dialer 1.0” for the PalmOne Treo 600™ smartphone. The first public pre-release of the “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS” allows all CodeWarrior™, PocketStudio™, and C type PalmOS developers to voice enable their existing and future applications. The first public pre-release of the “Voice Dialer 1.0” enables all users of the PalmOne Treo 600™ smartphone to voice dial their existing and future contacts with ease. “We see a bright future for all types of voice applications utilizing our VoiceLib SDK for the PalmOS platform,” said Noel Grover, CEO Grover Industries, Inc. In the near future, Grover Industries, Inc. will release the “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS™” to include background noise filtration. (i.e. Dialing from inside noisy environments like your car.)

    In the future, Grover Industries, Inc. will incorporate voice biometrics (voice authentication) into the “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS™”. “We feel this is the next and most exciting step in security for PalmOS devices.” said Noel Grover, CEO Grover Industries, Inc.

    To purchase your pre-release today please visit our web site at: http://www.groverind.com/products.php. For special pricing contact Noel Grover, CEO of Grover Industries, Inc. contact information is provided below.


    About Grover Industries, Inc: Grover Industries, Inc. is an award winning software Voice Technology Company established in 1998, and currently based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Specializing in Voice Navigation and Voice Biometric technologies for today’s rapidly changing world, Grover Industries, Inc. has created unique solutions for the PC and PDA market.

    In addition they have won numerous and prestigious awards from well known magazines and on-line web sites such as: Windows Magazine, PC World, Computer Buyers Guide and Handbook, Laptop Buyers Guide and Handbook, and Tucows.

    Contact Information
    Noel Grover (651) 331.0675
    Grover Industries, Inc.
    Minneapolis, MN 55408

    Email Contacts:
    Sales: sales@groverind.com
    Support: support.team@groverind.com
  2. #2  
    Dunno why, but something tells me some poor devs had to work very hard the last few nights to be able to finish very quickly an almost working product , hehe :-)

    Jean-Francois.


    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

    Grover Industries, Inc. is proud to announce their new public pre-releases of “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS™”, and “Voice Dialer 1.0” for the PalmOne Treo 600™

    MINNEAPOLIS (Oct, 2004) -- Grover Industries, Inc. is now offering for the first time a voice navigation solution for the PalmOS™ Platform. The first two products are: “VoiceLib SDK for the PalmOS™”, and “Voice Dialer 1.0” for the PalmOne Treo 600™ smartphone. The first public pre-release of the “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS” allows all CodeWarrior™, PocketStudio™, and C type PalmOS developers to voice enable their existing and future applications. The first public pre-release of the “Voice Dialer 1.0” enables all users of the PalmOne Treo 600™ smartphone to voice dial their existing and future contacts with ease. “We see a bright future for all types of voice applications utilizing our VoiceLib SDK for the PalmOS platform,” said Noel Grover, CEO Grover Industries, Inc. In the near future, Grover Industries, Inc. will release the “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS™” to include background noise filtration. (i.e. Dialing from inside noisy environments like your car.)

    In the future, Grover Industries, Inc. will incorporate voice biometrics (voice authentication) into the “VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS™”. “We feel this is the next and most exciting step in security for PalmOS devices.” said Noel Grover, CEO Grover Industries, Inc.

    To purchase your pre-release today please visit our web site at: http://www.groverind.com/products.php. For special pricing contact Noel Grover, CEO of Grover Industries, Inc. contact information is provided below.


    About Grover Industries, Inc: Grover Industries, Inc. is an award winning software Voice Technology Company established in 1998, and currently based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Specializing in Voice Navigation and Voice Biometric technologies for today’s rapidly changing world, Grover Industries, Inc. has created unique solutions for the PC and PDA market.

    In addition they have won numerous and prestigious awards from well known magazines and on-line web sites such as: Windows Magazine, PC World, Computer Buyers Guide and Handbook, Laptop Buyers Guide and Handbook, and Tucows.

    Contact Information
    Noel Grover (651) 331.0675
    Grover Industries, Inc.
    Minneapolis, MN 55408

    Email Contacts:
    Sales: sales@groverind.com
    Support: support.team@groverind.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Dunno why, but something tells me some poor devs had to work very hard the last few nights to be able to finish very quickly an almost working product , hehe :-)

    Jean-Francois.
    Hi Jean-Francois,

    Actually, the VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS has been done for about 5 months, we were going to wait for the filtration module, but decided to incorporate later this year.

    We were in beta a long time ago, with the voice engine, back when the HandEra 330 was out. It was a matter of waiting for the faster CPU's to come out. In order for us to release a solid VoiceLib SDK and product to utilize these faster processors. I'm sure you would agree.

    When you say "almost working product" I would prefer you post a bug if you found one, and post on our web base support forum. As I do know you have a competing product coming out soon, your reply with report would be more welcomed than just a blank statement.

    In any case, I promise I will at least give you the respect of posting bugs with comments if found, when you release your product.

    I truly wish both of us great success.

    Sincerely,
    Noel Grover
    Last edited by intelligentforu; 10/25/2004 at 03:14 PM.
  4. #4  
    Will there be a trial of the final, non-beta release?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Will there be a trial of the final, non-beta release?
    Hello.

    You may get your trial at: http://www.groverind.com/product.php?product_id=23

    Then click on Trial Link.

    The trial last 10-days.

    Thanks for your time,
    Noel Grover
  6. #6  
    Doesn't seem to work so well for me. Caused a crash and reset and doesn't recognize my voice when trying to make a call.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Doesn't seem to work so well for me. Caused a crash and reset and doesn't recognize my voice when trying to make a call.
    There is a issue with the OS as well. Did you do an Update of the Firmware? There is a sound issue resolution in the Update of the Firmware for the Treo 600.

    If you have not applied this update, please visit your cell phone provider web site and download update.

    If you have applied please post exact steps used that cause reset, and please post on web site http://www.groverind.com/forum/index.php.

    We will look into the issue.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Noel Grover
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    Hi Jean-Francois,

    Actually, the VoiceLib SDK for PalmOS has been done for about 5 months, we were going to wait for the filtration module, but decided to incorporate later this year.

    We were in beta a long time ago, with the voice engine, back when the HandEra 330 was out. It was a matter of waiting for the faster CPU's to come out. In order for us to release a solid VoiceLib SDK and product to utilize these faster processors. I'm sure you would agree.

    When you say "almost working product" I would prefer you post a bug if you found one, and post on our web base support forum. As I do know you have a competing product coming out soon, your reply with report would be more welcomed than just a blank statement.

    In any case, I promise I will at least give you the respect of posting bugs with comments if found, when you release your product.

    I truly wish both of us great success.

    Sincerely,
    Noel Grover

    Sorry, I was not intending to be unpleasant, and I hope I did not offend you. I'm sure you've been working hard on your application, and of course I do know that it needs a lot of time to release such a product. I'm happy being the first, but the world is big enough for both of us.

    Congratulations for your application, and I wish both of us a great success.

    Jean-Francois.
  9. #9  
    I was able to record, but I have not been able to get it to call the contact. I also had to disable Butler's use of the volume buttons.
    Zane
  10. #10  
    doesnt work for me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I was able to record, but I have not been able to get it to call the contact. I also had to disable Butler's use of the volume buttons.
    Zane
    Hi Zane,

    It works with Lastname and Firstname entries in the contact list. We now new forum to list wish list of features at:

    http://www.groverind.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm
    doesnt work for me.
    What part does not work? Installation, or usage? We have many people using as this time.

    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    What part does not work? Installation, or usage? We have many people using as this time.

    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    i could record a name... hit back like the instructions say...

    went out of the app, pressed volume buttons, no beep.

    said name anyway... no dice...

    volume went up and down as normal

    tried holding it down for a second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds.... nothing...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm
    i could record a name... hit back like the instructions say...

    went out of the app, pressed volume buttons, no beep.

    said name anyway... no dice...

    volume went up and down as normal

    tried holding it down for a second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds.... nothing...
    I see what the issue is. At this time we do not hook into the volume keys while other programs are running. To use the volume buttons you need to have the Voice Dailer running in foreground. What we do is set the Prefs...Buttons...(Phone Icon) -> Voice Dialer. This way you can hit the phone button then hit one of the volume buttons. It works every time!

    Hope this made sense.
    Noel Grover
  15. #15  
    This app does not pick up my voice unless I point the mic at my mouth. I mean turned over and almost on my mouth. It wont record or voice-dial when its up to my head like a non-edible phone would be. I use SoundRec, mVoice, MovieRec, Phone, and VoiceLauncher with no problems. Any thoughts?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  16. #16  
    ok.... thus defeats the purpose of having a voice dialer.... thats not really practical.... its faster in my opinion just to look them in contacts or use a speed dial. if you could just hold down a button in any application... then it would be worthwhile.
  17. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #17  
    I have now tried both Voice Dialer and Voice Launcer. Ain't it amazing that after this long wait, we suddenly have 2 great products which recognize voice!

    I'm sure someone will eventually do a thorough review comparing these products, but I'll put in a quick word. I really do think they are both excellent as a version 1 product. They both basically work will on my Treo 600 (Verizon). I found Voice Dialer (from Grover) to have a better user interface- very similar to my previous Kyocera 7135.

    With Voice Launcher, you start by recording, then link that to a program or contact (BTW, only Voice Launcher allows you to open apps this way). With Voice Dialer, you start by highlighting a contact (unlike Voice Launcher, can currently choose home, mobile or work, not only work, although I'm sure this will get fixed soon), then directly record the voice to link to that contact.

    Both have free trials, and both developers are clearly offering superb support for their products. I'm going to stop here, as I'm sure they will continue to be improved over the coming days and weeks, but the bottom line is that they are both definitely worth a look....
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    This app does not pick up my voice unless I point the mic at my mouth. I mean turned over and almost on my mouth. It wont record or voice-dial when its up to my head like a non-edible phone would be. I use SoundRec, mVoice, MovieRec, Phone, and VoiceLauncher with no problems. Any thoughts?
    We have microphone gain set at 1/3. We found in beta this was the best settings. The issue you describe might be the fact that there is background noise present while listening mode is started. This can be talking before the beep, and or other noise. In the first .1 seconds of recording, before the threasholds are set to noise levels. So, if louder than normal background noise is present the activation of the voice command has to be louder.

    We have two things we can do for you. One, we increase the microphone gain to 1/2 and or you can wait for the noise filtration module to be put into place.

    From this point forward you can contact me directly support.team@groverind.com. I will help you if you wish.

    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm
    ok.... thus defeats the purpose of having a voice dialer.... thats not really practical.... its faster in my opinion just to look them in contacts or use a speed dial. if you could just hold down a button in any application... then it would be worthwhile.
    Hello,

    We will add hook into Volume buttons into next build, until then the two button approach works great! Have you tried this?

    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I have now tried both Voice Dialer and Voice Launcer. Ain't it amazing that after this long wait, we suddenly have 2 great products which recognize voice!
    ....
    I've also tried both.
    Both are very good, but at this stage I prefer Dialer.
    I found Dialer easier to use "out of the box".
    I found that so far it has recognised my voice command 100% of the time, whereas Launcher was only 50% in doors and 0% outside.
    I will have to test it in the car to be sure, but I think at this stage I will register Dialer.
    Dialer "only" does contacts, not launching apps, but I can not see why you would want to voice launch an app, but it's a free world
    I wouldf prefer to use the centre button to search for names within Dialer, perhaps they will make key selection an option

    Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions