Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    For all you Voice Dialer fans out there. dont worry. we have developed a wrapper app to VoiceDialer that will allow you to use any of the 4 hard key as the activation key. eg: if you assigned the phone key then press and hold will activate the input voice command. You do not have to be in the voice dialer app to activate the voice command. you can be in datebook, contact app and do a voice call.

check www.toysoft.ca for the beta soon.
    That's better to be sure, but I for one have my 4 hardware keys up to their eyeballs in configured commands. I rather like the idea of using the volume keys. It makes sens and feels right. Can you make them work inspite of VolKeys or any other app that has taken over the volume keys for other purposes?
    For the Verizon Treo 600 what firmware upgrade are you referring to please?
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    That's better to be sure, but I for one have my 4 hardware keys up to their eyeballs in configured commands. I rather like the idea of using the volume keys. It makes sens and feels right. Can you make them work inspite of VolKeys or any other app that has taken over the volume keys for other purposes?
    I can not find it yey, so I assume it's not out.

The centre button is useful with a long hold, that would get my vote.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray

Voice Dialer does not know about the headset. Prompts are not heard on the headset and cannot be answered on it.

The hard part seems to be implemented well. However, in practice, it is not very useful. As best I can figure out, to use it, one must have it in hand, select its icon, wait for it to load, press the toggle and say the name. One must do this every time one uses it. Perhaps any more, would require a multii-tasking OS.
    The most important missing item is integration when using a headset. A large reason of voice dialing is not to be hands free, so having to hold the phone to hear the prompts and speak into the internal speaker is not a good thing. Any plans to fix this?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    The most important missing item is integration when using a headset. A large reason of voice dialing is not to be hands free, so having to hold the phone to hear the prompts and speak into the internal speaker is not a good thing. Any plans to fix this?
    Hello Everyone,

We are looking into this area. It appears some do work (but still have to use button on phone to active listen mode) and most do not.

Once we figure this out will inform all current and future customers and trialware users.

Thanks for your time,
    Noel Grover
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Sorry, I was not intending to be unpleasant, and I hope I did not offend you. I'm sure you've been working hard on your application, and of course I do know that it needs a lot of time to release such a product. I'm happy being the first, but the world is big enough for both of us.

Congratulations for your application, and I wish both of us a great success.

Jean-Francois.
    Hi Jean,

Thanks for your comments. Truly.

I did not take offense, just wanted to make sure all understand that we have been around since 1998 with voice recognition products for the PC market, and that we provided the first compack voice recognition demo on the Handera 330 for selected individuals back in late 2001. Plus, I wanted to make sure people understand we are offering the first VoiceLib SDK for developers, i.e. Toysoft.

The future will be bright for both of us.

Cheers,
    Noel Grover
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123