Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Now available from PalmGear
    Does not work at all for me. Recording not possible. Otherwise, very user friendly interface. But if it dos not work and cannot be tested it gets deleted.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    Does not work at all for me. Recording not possible. Otherwise, very user friendly interface. But if it dos not work and cannot be tested it gets deleted.
    What does not record? We have many people using it, so we would like to help you and find out why too.

If you want help please let me know.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Worked fine for me... this is cool!
    It is not working for me. I have chosen a number to dial and have attempted to record by holding down one of the volume buttons. If I depress the top volume button, "<<BACK==" appears. If I depress the buttom volume button, "===IN===" appears. Nothing appears to have been recorded so far and the "Status" has not changed.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by JudBaird
    It is not working for me. I have chosen a number to dial and have attempted to record by holding down one of the volume buttons. If I depress the top volume button, "<<BACK==" appears. If I depress the buttom volume button, "===IN===" appears. Nothing appears to have been recorded so far and the "Status" has not changed.
    Please make sure to do the following

1) Inside Voice Dialer select contact name
    2) inside Contact Properties form highlight the number you wish to dial
    3) Hold phone to ear, push any volume button and say contact name after the beep
    4) Push Back when it's available
    5) Now to Dial number. Hold phone to ear
    6) Press any volume button and say contact name after the beep.

That should do the trick.
    After I press Back, I always get a confirmation stating that "There is no Voice Command assigned to the contact, do you want to abort contact configuration?"
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    JudBaird,
    Make sure you don't have another program that uses the volume buttons. I had trouble at first because I had Treo Butler taking over the volume buttons for scrolling. When I disabled Butler, Voice Dialer worked perfectly.
    Zane
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I forgot that I had Vol. Rocker installed. Took it off and it works without a hitch!

Will it be possible in subsequent versions to select which key to press to dial, i.e. some other key than one of the volume keys so that there aren't any conflicts with Vol Rocker, Butler, etc.? Not to mention that in handsfree/car mode, it is somewhat difficult to depress the vol. key.
    Last edited by JudBaird; 10/27/2004 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    What does not record? We have many people using it, so we would like to help you and find out why too.

If you want help please let me know.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    If VolKeys is enabled then it will not allow VD to function. That was the problem. That said, VolKeys is a very valubale tool and I'd like it to stay enabled, which nixes VD for me, unless other key presses besides the volume key can initiate a voice tag.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    intelligentforu,
    the only way I could get it to recognize the vol keys was if I was in the voice dialer program. Will you be making changes that will allow access to the voice dialer from anywhere on the Treo? Program a button, etc, ???

I have no programs modifying my vol keys, and I'm using TakePhone. Will they be able to work together?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JudBaird
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I forgot that I had Vol. Rocker installed. Took it off and it works without a hitch!

Will it be possible in subsequent versions to select which key to press to dial, i.e. some other key than one of the volume keys so that there aren't any conflicts with Vol Rocker, Butler, etc.? Not to mention that in handsfree/car mode, it is somewhat difficult to depress the vol. key.
    Hello Everyone!,

We have updating coming for current and future customers that will include the following:

1) User selectable button for lauch of Voice Dialer and start of listening mode.

2) Company name listed as well, if no lastname or firstname.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I tried the Dialer program and it works really good for me, recognized my voice every time I tried it. I would also echo the request to have a "user selectable" one button voice button like I had on my Nokia 6340i.

One other request would be to tie the dialer program into Beyond Contacts. I have a lot of my work contacts (>300) in that program and it would be great to be able to dial some of those by voice. Right now I will have to duplicate those phone numbers into the regular T600 contacts app to get the dialer to work. Maybe consider that integration for your enhancement list.

Other than that it seems to work fine, glad someone finally put out a voice dialer app for the T600....now if you can just get Palmone to include that app in the delivered apps with the phone, then you'd have yourself something.

Thats my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    If VolKeys is enabled then it will not allow VD to function. That was the problem. That said, VolKeys is a very valubale tool and I'd like it to stay enabled, which nixes VD for me, unless other key presses besides the volume key can initiate a voice tag.
    For all you Voice Dialer fans out there. dont worry. we have developed a wrapper app to VoiceDialer that will allow you to use any of the 4 hard key as the activation key. eg: if you assigned the phone key then press and hold will activate the input voice command. You do not have to be in the voice dialer app to activate the voice command. you can be in datebook, contact app and do a voice call.

check www.toysoft.ca for the beta soon.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Wow! Now we have 3 Voice Dialers to choose from!!! Choices are good

VoiceLauncher
    VoiceDialer
    Voice Signal's Treo Voice Dialer

ToySoft, why would we want to use your "wrapper" when intelligentforu has said they are going to add it? Don't understand...
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun

One other request would be to tie the dialer program into Beyond Contacts. I have a lot of my work contacts (>300) in that program and it would be great to be able to dial some of those by voice. Right now I will have to duplicate those phone numbers into the regular T600 contacts app to get the dialer to work. Maybe consider that integration for your enhancement list.

Can you also tie in Good contacts as well? Tks.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Will there be a trial of the final, non-beta release?
    I downloaded and installed the trial. The "trial" is just what it says; it is limited to 3 contacts, and 10 days of use.

It takes a while to open. It opens your contact list and mine is more than 2000 names.

One taps a name on the list, presses the volume toggle on the side of the phone, and is prompted to speak the name of the contact. It repeats it back to you and puts a speaker icon next to the name.

To place a call, one presses the volume toggle and responds to the prompt ("Please say the contact name, after the beep") to speak the name associated with the number to be dialed. It does not recognize numbers. One cannot day "4 1 1" or "800 5 5 5 1 2 1 2."

Settings include "confirm before dial," "voice prompts," "Filter noise" (not implemented), and a slider for sensitivity (lax, if you have a cold; strict, if you are experiencing mismatches).

However, one must be in the application for it to work. It has a "view phone" button, but if you use it, voice dial ceases to work.

Voice Dialer does not know about the headset. Prompts are not heard on the headset and cannot be answered on it.

The hard part seems to be implemented well. However, in practice, it is not very useful. As best I can figure out, to use it, one must have it in hand, select its icon, wait for it to load, press the toggle and say the name. One must do this every time one uses it. Perhaps any more, would require a multii-tasking OS.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Because I asked Smiley88 about it before intelligentforu posted his information.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData
    Wow! Now we have 3 Voice Dialers to choose from!!! Choices are good

VoiceLauncher
    VoiceDialer
    Voice Signal's Treo Voice Dialer

ToySoft, why would we want to use your "wrapper" when intelligentforu has said they are going to add it? Don't understand...
    we are not releasing a new voice dialer. we are using Grover's dialer. They are adding a different activation key besides the volume keys. Our wrapper allows you to activate from any program.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I downloaded and installed the trial. The "trial" is just what it says; it is limited to 3 contacts, and 10 days of use.

It takes a while to open. It opens your contact list and mine is more than 2000 names.

One taps a name on the list, presses the volume toggle on the side of the phone, and is prompted to speak the name of the contact. It repeats it back to you and puts a speaker icon next to the name.

To place a call, one presses the volume toggle and responds to the prompt ("Please say the contact name, after the beep") to speak the name associated with the number to be dialed. It does not recognize numbers. One cannot day "4 1 1" or "800 5 5 5 1 2 1 2."

Settings include "confirm before dial," "voice prompts," "Filter noise" (not implemented), and a slider for sensitivity (lax, if you have a cold; strict, if you are experiencing mismatches).

However, one must be in the application for it to work. It has a "view phone" button, but if you use it, voice dial ceases to work.

Voice Dialer does not know about the headset. Prompts are not heard on the headset and cannot be answered on it.

The hard part seems to be implemented well. However, in practice, it is not very useful. As best I can figure out, to use it, one must have it in hand, select its icon, wait for it to load, press the toggle and say the name. One must do this every time one uses it. Perhaps any more, would require a multii-tasking OS.
    If you have many contacts then yes then it will take time to load. many in the future version it will fit this problem.

Our voice dialer wrapper doesnt load any contacts. it is simple and fast.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast